I wouldn't be overjoyed if I were you lol.

Put it in a bag of rice asap......I'd be shaking like a leaf if that happened to me.
    06-06-16 05:04 AM
    I'm going to soak my PRIV in a bucket of water to test the theory

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I like your bravery.....
    06-06-16 05:05 AM
    Please dont try this at Home it is a scientific experiment and could go horribly wrong and people could die in the process so I wash my hands if masses of priv owners go down in flames drowning their Privs, Im just saying
    06-06-16 06:23 AM
    I think many manufactures have moved to trying reduce the risk of water damage... that said I wouldn't count on being that fortunate a second time.

And as others have said, better to be safe and put it in rice for a little while... than to assume that because it worked that there isn't any water migrating around inside of it.
    06-06-16 07:26 AM
    Unless a phone is made using IP67 certified connectors and gasket, it is never water proof. Even IP67 gives you 30 minutes at 1 m deep. It is not "air tight" because technically it is impossible.

06-06-16 12:33 PM
    You probably should put a disclaimer, otherwise someone might sue you after they dunk and kill their Priv...

It's America after all.
    06-06-16 12:38 PM
    I stupidly bumped a mostly full glass of beer and spilled it directly onto my, then 2-3 day old priv. I freaked and dried it off really quickly. Its still working fine now, 3-4 weeks later. I don't have any allusions about this phone being even remotely waterproof. I think I was just lucky.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-06-16 01:42 PM
    One dude here borked his PRIV from excess moisture applying a screen protector , OP survived a dunk in water. There is a wide variation in outcomes and the takeaway here should be the PRIV neither is especially susceptible to water or water resistant. Take care of your high priced devices for the best result.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-06-16 02:01 PM
    I stupidly bumped a mostly full glass of beer and spilled it directly onto my, then 2-3 day old priv. I freaked and dried it off really quickly. Its still working fine now, 3-4 weeks later. I don't have any allusions about this phone being even remotely waterproof. I think I was just lucky.
    I hope you saved most of the beer.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-06-16 02:06 PM
    that's awesome if you dropped it into water for that long and it caused you no problems

encouraging. i also had a stressful experience when i dropped my Priv onto the street. surprisingly, but i say surprisingly because people are under a false impression the Priv is not tough, my Priv suffered no damage at all, thanks to not only the toughness of the Priv but also the OEM hard shell case that protects it

the Priv has definitely NOT been treated with a water resistant coating, but i do believe all devices should be treated - although, judging from that Passport video, devices are somewhat water resistant regardless - which is really good to see
    06-06-16 03:29 PM
    a company called liquipel created a nano coating that covers the device and all of it's components - making the entire treated device water resistant

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquipel

"super-hydrophobic particles"

https://www.liquipel.com/
    06-06-16 03:37 PM
    the word "borked" is making me lol
    06-06-16 03:39 PM
    a company called liquipel created a nano coating that covers the device and all of it's components - making the entire treated device water resistant

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquipel

"super-hydrophobic particles"

https://www.liquipel.com/
    It appears they do not provide this service to individuals anymore, only OEMs and manufacturers:

Got my answer:

Attachment 392931

So... Anyone know where a similar service is available for consumers in Canada?

Posted via CB10 
    Source: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1064461

06-06-16 06:37 PM
    Can it do as well as the Passport under water?

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    06-06-16 06:41 PM
    I had a big cup of coffee spilt on my priv and the only thing that went wrong was the speaker.

And surprisingly blackberry in my country covered it.

All good now.

06-06-16 08:39 PM
    Don't wish to start a debate but I just dropped my priv into the pool, immersed in water for at last 8 - 10 seconds initially I was freaking out but when I got it out I dried it off on my shirt and it was working perfectly I know they don't advertise this phone as waterproof but damn there's not even evidence of water anywhere in the phone , very pleased

Sorry to burst your bubble. Most phones are water-resistant to some degree. It could be a few seconds to a few minutes in water of some temperature. This is determined by how well the adhesives in the phone work.

Even phones like the S7 and Xperia phones are water-resistant to a certain degree of exposure.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-06-16 09:58 PM
    Can it do as well as the Passport under water?

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    You seem confident about it. Why don't you try it out with your Passport?
    06-07-16 03:36 AM
42 12