I finally did it. I have wanted one since it's release, I ordered a Priv (from crackberry) and I expect it next week. Expensive but the corp will pay (YAY). I was a BB user in the past with last phone being the Storm (first gen). I was using iPhone since. Excited to be back to BB with the Android twist.

I am seeking recommendations for apps. This is my intro to Android and everyone says that there are so many more options with Android because iOS is so restrictive, looking through the Google play store everything looks similar but the app functions on the phone may be very different. So, let me know what I have been missing.

I plan to use all the BB apps but are there favourites other people recommend for Mail, calendar, contacts, productivity, social media, sms, ... That I should consider that make the Android experience unique?

In particular what will make the Priv shine as I will be showing it off at work (hahahah).

Thanks and if I get no suggestions thank you anyway.
    08-06-16 06:45 PM
    Textra and yaata are two sms apps that get a lot of mileage. I used yaata for quite awhile, but ran into a prob lem with mms as far as sending videos. I switched to the Verizon message + and problem solved. I like piktures for my gallery app. Blackplayer for music. I usually pay for apps when I can to get rid of ads and gain extra features. I really don't use the file manager all that much and many here have different ones they like. I'm hoping BlackBerry adds their file manager to android. I use the stock BlackBerry calendar app and the BlackBerry launcher. I like the hub and still use it although it isn't as good as bb10 yet. BlackBerry keeps improving it though. I don't have it installed right now because I frankly got tired of all the twitter messages but I like talon for a twitter app. I use Firefox and brave as my browsers of choice. I have many of the Google services disabled such as cloud backup. I save all my stuff including my contacts to the SD card. I enjoy my priv. Best android experience I've had. Even got to where I like a pkb sometimes. Priv is my first experience with that. Power tools by toysoft has made it to android as well. I use it for one thing right now and that's to lock certain apps so that if someone other than me has my phone I can lock apps I don't want them in

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    08-06-16 07:15 PM
    Hmm. Spotify if you don't mind paying a subscription music streaming it's worth it in my opinion. Crackberry app.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-06-16 10:22 PM
    Guys anyone have idea ? My dtek says that my device is not a blackberry device wtf

08-06-16 10:22 PM
    Guys anyone have idea ? My dtek says that my device is not a blackberry device wtf

Screen shot?
    08-06-16 10:28 PM
    Screen shot?
    Here

Seeking recommendations-107.jpg

Uzi likes this.
    08-06-16 10:28 PM
    I wonder what causing it
    08-06-16 11:51 PM
    Here

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	107.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	405762

Contact BlackBerry right away.
    08-07-16 12:25 AM
    I second the recommendation for Rocket Player for a music player.

I would highly recommend Business Calendar 2. It provides better notifications and is much more robust that the BlackBerry calendar.

WorldMate if you need a travel apps that gathers your itineraries (car rental, hotels, flights, meetings).

Habit Browser is a highly customizable web browser that has an ad blocker.

Those are the best ones I have found so far. Good luck with the transition to android.

08-07-16 12:42 AM
    To the OP: It will take some time to find all of the various settings and options. The Priv really shines when you get it just like you want.

Ride or die: 
    08-07-16 12:54 AM
    For the Original Poster. Solid File Manager and Asus are two good ones.

If you update to Marshmallow, there's a hidden File Manager in the Main Settings, storage mode.

Gsam battery app.
    08-07-16 01:16 AM
    Thank you everyone. I am making a list of these app. I will likely download the ones that fill gaps first. After I try out the BB apps I will try the others in turn. Please keep the suggestions coming.
    08-07-16 09:25 AM
    Calengoo as a calendar replacement. Highly, highly, highly customisable and can sync with Google calendar. There is even a BlackBerry 10 version (that does not sync (of course)).

Sent from my Z30
    08-07-16 10:05 AM
    A weakness of the BB Calendar app for some of us is that Calendar Alerts/reminders are not PERSISTENT and in your face (you'd know what I'm talking about if you have a bb10 device). If the alert happens while you are away from your phone or doing something else, it becomes merely a 'splat' in the pull down notices. But no reminder remains on the screen. Some folks have missed appts because of this issue. Business Calendar 2 keeps showing the Alert after it goes off till you react to it, snooze, dismiss or open. The PAID version allows you to react to multiples separately.
    08-07-16 11:26 AM