just image the curved section on the left, with the hub peak always showing

Attachment 345062
    I honestly wouldn't like it

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 06:01 PM
    just image the curved section on the left, with the hub peak always showing

Attachment 345062
    What is the point of the edge? So that every time you drop it face down you smash the screen and have to buy a new one?

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.2576 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.5.6
    04-01-15 06:23 PM
    I honestly wouldn't like it

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, would make the UI look congested imo.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 06:44 PM
    Oh true, I've read a mix of reviews so I don't know. Guess will find out longevity soon enough.

As for the OP, I'm not sure how I feel about the speaker grill. I like it the way it is on the Z30, where the stereo speakers are concealed towards the back. The HTC One series all have it at the front and I feel it takes away from the look of the device. It will probably be much louder this way though.

Posted via CB10
    Im the complete opposite in regards to the HTC one I feel that the speaker grill holes add to the looks of the device. Makes it look a little more techy imo.

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    04-01-15 07:34 PM
    Im the complete opposite in regards to the HTC one I feel that the speaker grill holes add to the looks of the device. Makes it look a little more techy imo.

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    I can see where your coming from. I actually really liked it when it came out, having referred the device to several friends and family who wanted a new android device, I guess tastes change lol. I'd probably get used to it though on the slider.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 07:57 PM
    Me three

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 11:07 AM
    What is the point of the edge? So that every time you drop it face down you smash the screen and have to buy a new one?

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.2576 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.5.6
    Read a few posts above yours, it handles falls just fine...

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 11:49 AM
    I do not know about the curved screen, BlackBerry is function over form.
    And I do not know if the curved screen is better to hold or be more productive, I even think it will not so good to hold.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 05:15 PM
    I do not know about the curved screen, BlackBerry is function over form.
    And I do not know if the curved screen is better to hold or be more productive, I even think it will not so good to hold.

Posted via CB10
    It's not that bad actually. I've played around with the S6 Edge, you really don't notice it when holding. Might just be me though.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 05:18 PM
    Ok guys, so can we stop pretending that it has all of these downsides that it doesn't actually have. It hurts our credibility if nothing else. It's established that it doesn't make it any more fragile than any other phone with a regular screen. Personally I don't see a purpose for a curved screen, on anything (I find these stupid curved tv's just a gimmick to sell suckers a brand new tv when they might already have a new tv...), I prefer just a normal screen myself, I hold my device by the sides too many times, this would result in so many accidental app launches or whatever, but still, we don't need to start inventing reasons why it's bad though...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    tufcustomer likes this.
    04-02-15 06:58 PM
    Smaller bezels and curved screens , I hope it's still possible to hold the device in my hand(s).

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 03:03 AM
    I've played with one and I like it, it's not as dramatic as the note 4 curve, but it feels more natural holding and especially watching videos

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 03:53 AM
    I've played with one and I like it, it's not as dramatic as the note 4 curve, but it feels more natural holding and especially watching videos
    I have as well. I don't see the value in the S6 edge, but I do in the Note Edge.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    04-03-15 04:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    Are we talking about the S6 Edge or the BB slider??

04-03-15 12:03 PM
    Are we talking about the S6 Edge or the BB slider??

Pretty sure it's the Edge.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 08:31 PM
    Pretty sure it's the Edge.

Posted via CB10
    Me too, but have to ask, lol.

04-03-15 08:34 PM
    Looking at the...

Z10
    04-03-15 08:46 PM
    I don't think so. Many IPhone and android users will be thinking why BlackBerry is still there?!!!
    Who will be buying this when there is iPhone 6, HTC and samsung

Posted via CB10
    Me, of course. And the people who doesn't give a sh** of sugar coated devices.

Sadly most hands on reports from the S6 edge have not been good... its a gimmick and just makes a more fragile device and served no purpose like the edge on the note does.

But it does indeed look like a speaker grill all along the bottom.

Posted via CB10
    Not at all. Samsung releases it's "Bend Test" video and looks promising, of course given on a normal bending situation.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=137&v=eKburDQAolA

Posted via CB10
    My thoughts exactly! The curved screen gives an optical depth to what you are viewing. And the screen curvature makes it really nice to touch when scrolling. It's like an indicator that you are scrolling from the side which in conjunction with BB10, it will help a good fast swipe on main app-shifting gestures.

Clickety-Clack via CB10
    04-07-15 03:38 AM
    Sadly most hands on reports from the S6 edge have not been good... its a gimmick and just makes a more fragile device and served no purpose like the edge on the note does.

But it does indeed look like a speaker grill all along the bottom.

Posted via CB10
    I actually see much more use for a curved screen on a Blackberry than on a samsung. Personally I usually have my phone or vibrate/silent at all times. With those settings on the only notification I have that I have a message is the LED light blinking(If I don't physically feel/hear the vibration). If my phone is face down I see nothing. If they could use the edges of the screen to act as notification lights like the LED that would be amazing especially when considering they just added color coded notifications without a 3rd party app like BeBuzz. Another thing that gives it promise is the way notifications on the lock screen are presented. It could make a lot more use of the edge than android ever could.
    04-10-15 10:35 PM
    I don't think so. Many IPhone and android users will be thinking why BlackBerry is still there?!!!
    Who will be buying this when there is iPhone 6, HTC and samsung

Posted via CB10
    Lol you think HTC is competition. It's literally just samsung vs apple

Posted via CB10
    BB-JAM215 likes this.
    04-21-15 02:30 AM
    We definitely do a lot of criticizing hardware decisions without even seeing the ways that BlackBerry utilizes it!

Constant innovation -- BBs went from scrollwheel to trackball to trackpad to pure touch... some things didn't work, some surprisingly did. Let's see how they use it, especially in the context of a gesture-based OS (imagine gestures for scrolling in a doc/site, adjusting volume, skipping tracks, etc.)

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 11:39 AM
    Lol you think HTC is competition. It's literally just samsung vs apple

Posted via CB10
    More competitive and known by consumers then BlackBerry is unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 07:03 PM
47 12