The big deal here is I'm not a BlackBerry apologist, I hold them accountable to their advertised features. If they said they are up to date with updates, then they should be.
    What exactly did they advertise? I don't recall BB claiming to have updates out within X days of Google's release. If BB is within a week, I'm happy. If BB starts consistently going 2 weeks or over, I'll complain.
    03-07-17 10:44 AM
    What exactly did they advertise? I don't recall BB claiming to have updates out within X days of Google's release. If BB is within a week, I'm happy. If BB starts consistently going 2 weeks or over, I'll complain.
    They are implying they match Google.

New DTEK60 Shows How BlackBerry Puts ‘the Smart in the Smartphone’ | Inside BlackBerry

When it comes to ongoing security, BlackBerry is leading all other Android smartphones. We have a record (shared with Google-branded phones) of being the quickest to deliver Android security patches. For example, BlackBerry was the first major manufacturer to patch out QuadRooter, a set of severe vulnerabilities which impact over 900 million Android devices with Qualcomm processors. Other manufacturers can take weeks, months, or even years to push out Android updates. With BlackBerry, you don’t need to worry about your business data being at-risk due to a security bug – we’ve got you covered.
    FF22, matthewkuhl and mbirth like this.
    03-07-17 11:14 AM
    They are implying they match Google.
    Correct, they Implied that they were as good as Google, and at the time they were, they didn't say they would continue to match Google, or that they would stay #2 , or even #3 . They just said we didn't need to worry. And it's way to early to start worrying.
    If it's not out by Monday, 6 business days, the scales will start to tilt.
    03-08-17 07:42 AM
    Correct, they Implied that they were as good as Google, and at the time they were, they didn't say they would continue to match Google, or that they would stay #2 , or even #3 . They just said we didn't need to worry. And it's way to early to start worrying.
    BlackBerry has started pushing March patches. Same as Google. They are both rolling out concurrently, although Google had a day head start.
    03-08-17 08:05 AM
    So my point stands. An advertisement is not an SLA, so it's not supposed to. But if you're using it as a selling point and not holding it up, it's deceptive.

And if you're inferring things like that, it's just fodder for reviewers to flag negatives and call you lying.
    03-08-17 08:39 AM
    When it came to the Qualcomm patch, BlackBerry was better than Google. My February patch was dated the 5th but I got it on the 3rd.

People are reporting they are getting their patches. And I guarantee that BlackBerry is fulfilling their Statement that they will release monthly Security patches. Google gets first dibs obviously, then when Google decides to release it to the other Android producers, those producers get to work on patching their version of Android.

If BlackBerry receives it on the first of one month but on the 4th of another, then one can see the problem of coming out with the fix on the same day every month. And it is possible that the complexity of the fix can also delay a release. To say nothing of testing to minimize bugs.

If I just get it monthly, I am content.
    FF22 and andy957 like this.
    03-08-17 09:11 AM
    Google gets first dibs obviously,
    That is not true. Google actually releases the patches to partners well ahead of the time, it's up to the OEMs to integrate them.

You could say BlackBerry is still better than Motorola who outright gives a middle finger to patches, but it's still a selling point they need to be held accountable for.
    mbirth likes this.
    03-08-17 09:21 AM
    I stand corrected on when Google releases them. Thanks for the clarification. But I think there is a valid aspect to the difficulty of integration and also the fact that BlackBerry never promised it would release the patches on the first day of each month. They have been very timely so far, in my opinion.
    03-08-17 10:06 AM
    Ok it's 9:24PM EST now, still no sign of the update after the bulletin has posted.

Has anyone actually got the OTA yet?
    03-08-17 08:24 PM
    Nope.

Security patch March-screenshot_20170308-214003.jpg
    03-08-17 08:39 PM
    Ok it's 9:24PM EST now, still no sign of the update after the bulletin has posted.

Has anyone actually got the OTA yet?
    Got nothing better to do than watch the clock?
    03-08-17 09:11 PM
    Its already 9 and no one has reported getting the march update. Quite unusual of BlackBerry!
    Bucky2016 likes this.
    03-08-17 09:15 PM
    yeah neither is mine.. no update so far..

bring it on Nougat!!
    03-09-17 05:09 AM
    yeah neither is mine.. no update so far..

bring it on Nougat!!
    Ambil aurora bro
    03-09-17 05:10 AM
    So which devices did get it first?
    03-09-17 06:40 AM
    Got nothing better to do than watch the clock?
    Got nothing better to do than to fanboy-defend BlackBerry?
    03-09-17 07:00 AM
    Saw one guy with Dtek50 in Switzerland just received the March update.
    Enyigma likes this.
    03-09-17 07:56 AM
    I still do not have the March security update and it is the 9th. That is later than usual. I went in and checked again a few minutes ago. I am on an unlocked ShopBlackBerry Priv. Have others received it who have ShopBlackBerry Privs?
    PS: at first I thought the short month of Feb accounted for a couple of days delay if you calculate how long between updates. But it has gone past that now. I did get some app updates today, including for the HUB.
    Bucky2016 likes this.
    03-09-17 12:30 PM
    I still do not have the March security update and it is the 9th. That is later than usual. I went in and checked again a few minutes ago. I am on an unlocked ShopBlackBerry Priv. Have others received it who have ShopBlackBerry Privs?
    PS: at first I thought the short month of Feb accounted for a couple of days delay if you calculate how long between updates. But it has gone past that now. I did get some app updates today, including for the HUB.
    I'm in the same boat. I read that there may be some issues with Google Pay that are a result of the update. Maybe BlackBerry is holding it back until they are resolved.
    03-09-17 12:49 PM
    Could be, but they could've at least have the courtesy to come out and say it'll take longer than usual, instead of the usual "shut up and just wait."
    mbirth likes this.
    03-09-17 01:47 PM
    Its 10th but Still nothing!! Any one got it in some part of world??
    03-10-17 02:09 AM
    nope, still nothing as of today, just had a quick update check. STV-3 & STV-4.
    03-10-17 03:36 AM
    Just checked too, but NO
    03-10-17 03:39 AM
    Amazon STV100-1, nothing.
    03-10-17 06:36 AM
    Well we all know the updates don't bring anything visible and earth shattering (surely not android 7 in march) but still it's quite unusual for BlackBerry to not release it till 10th mann!!

Posted via CB10
    03-10-17 08:17 AM
267 1234 ...