So I bought a Priv and just put the SD card from my Z30 (with all my existing music, photos, files, etc.) directly into my Priv. But how do I access all my pictures and music on the Priv? I can't see to find them. I will admit that I'm new to Android so I'm still learning how to navigate this OS. But I really need to get to my pictures and music and files. How do I go about accessing them?
    09-21-16 10:23 AM
    Through Photos, Music apps or using a file manager like FX File Explorer. Is the card visible in Settings > Storage & USB? You can also access it there, but using a file manager is far simpler.
    09-21-16 10:41 AM
    So I bought a Priv and just put the SD card from my Z30 (with all my existing music, photos, files, etc.) directly into my Priv. But how do I access all my pictures and music on the Priv? I can't see to find them. I will admit that I'm new to Android so I'm still learning how to navigate this OS. But I really need to get to my pictures and music and files. How do I go about accessing them?
    Which model Priv, which carrier and what OS?
    09-21-16 06:12 PM
    The Priv does not really come with photo or video viewers or a file manager or music player. Asus has a nice file manager. Pi music player as well as black player. Piktures photo viewer.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-21-16 08:01 PM
    Here is the model and OS version info. I'm on Verizon.

Under settings > storage > SD Card, it shows that there is an SD card and how much space is used on it, but I don't know how to access those files.

Attached Thumbnails SD card from Z30 into Priv, how do I see existing files?-27936.jpg  
    09-21-16 09:23 PM
    Here is the model and OS version info. I'm on Verizon.

Under settings > storage > SD Card, it shows that there is an SD card and how much space is used on it, but I don't know how to access those files.

You need to download some of the apps suggested to, read, listen to or view respective file types

09-21-16 11:16 PM
    You need to download some of the apps suggested to, read, listen to or view respective file types

Specifically, a file manager. As suggested Asus or Solid Explorer. Then you can use the stock Google Apps unless you prefer something else.
    09-22-16 04:49 AM
    Thank you for the help! I downloaded some of the recommended apps last night and they make a huge difference! I'm not a big fan of how the Contacts are set up on the PRIV. Any recommendations for something that is closer to how Contacts is set up on BB10?

09-22-16 05:42 AM
    Thank you for the help! I downloaded some of the recommended apps last night and they make a huge difference! I'm not a big fan of how the Contacts are set up on the PRIV. Any recommendations for something that is closer to how Contacts is set up on BB10?

I find the native Contact app fine and not that much different than bb10. More duplicate info that I periodically merge or clean up.

09-22-16 08:53 AM
    I was just going to ask the same thing. My pictures all seemed to go to Google. How can I cancel that? I will try the Asus app.
    After BB10 this will be a learning curve!! Good thing I can still use my Z30 or Classic till I figure it out!! But I always enjoy a challenge LOL.

9000 >Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Lumia950>Classic>Priv
    10-06-16 04:59 PM
    I was just going to ask the same thing. My pictures all seemed to go to Google. How can I cancel that? I will try the Asus app.
    After BB10 this will be a learning curve!! Good thing I can still use my Z30 or Classic till I figure it out!! But I always enjoy a challenge LOL.

The Google photo app, called simply enough Photos, has a setting to backup/sync. When open, hit the upper Left menu, then Settings, then it is the first item.
    10-06-16 06:18 PM
    The Google photo app, called simply enough Photos, has a setting to backup/sync. When open, hit the upper Left menu, then Settings, then it is the first item.
    Do I have to use that app if I don't want to store on Google? It seems my pictures are already there. I prefer just to keep the photos on my SD card, as they are already backed up on OneDrive. Not near the Priv right now, but will check settings later. Thanks!

10-06-16 06:35 PM
    Do I have to use that app if I don't want to store on Google? It seems my pictures are already there. I prefer just to keep the photos on my SD card, as they are already backed up on OneDrive. Not near the Priv right now, but will check settings later. Thanks!

No, you can use other Photo apps. A number of folks like Piktures (with a K). But there are others, too.

There is some speculation that if you want to use your own Photo as the background for the Picture Password function, you need to still have the Google photo app but I'm not sure. But you can still turn off the sync.
    10-06-16 08:39 PM

If you don't sync with the Google cloud, the app only shows the pictures and videos that you have on your device and /or the SD card. They don't go anywhere.
    10-07-16 01:12 AM
    Downloaded the Asus app. Checking it out. I didn�t find all my files there, but a lot of them. Might take a while to sync them all. Thanks for the advice.
    Just figured out what the little square on the bottom of the home page is!! LOL

10-07-16 06:42 AM
    It is a learning curve, but it helped me to think BBOS when I was learning the ins and outs of setting up my Priv.
    10-07-16 06:58 AM
    You get them you just got to find them for me I just used the the device transfer app from BlackBerry World and it did everything I needed then I put the SD card in afterwards it worked great and I had all my pictures files and videos in easy access

10-07-16 08:06 AM
    You get them you just got to find them for me I just used the the device transfer app from BlackBerry World and it did everything I needed then I put the SD card in afterwards it worked great and I had all my pictures files and videos in easy access

I will probably take out the SD card before I do the device transfer. I have just been playing around with the phone first. I wonder if I should also wipe the phone before doing the transfer, as I probably set up things I shouldn't have, and I might get duplicates.
    Does it transfer apps too? I'm sure many of them won't work.

10-07-16 08:32 AM
    No, you can use other Photo apps. A number of folks like Piktures (with a K). But there are others, too.

There is some speculation that if you want to use your own Photo as the background for the Picture Password function, you need to still have the Google photo app but I'm not sure. But you can still turn off the sync.
    On my BB10 phones I put any photos I might use for the picture password in the device memory in case I changed the SD card. I don't know if that was necessary, but made sense to me!!

10-07-16 08:35 AM