I've got 185GB of stuff on a 200GB card in the passport, can I just put it straight in the Priv or will I have to take everything off it and reformat it for Android?

Posted via CB10
    05-20-16 04:28 AM
    it can go straight into the Priv. When i went to Android, I moved my card from my Z30 right into the G4
    05-20-16 06:17 AM
    No need to do do anything. I moved my sd card 128gb from Z30 to Priv and everything was ok. Initially, there were some issues but after upgrading to MM, it is working fine. It may ask to install ExFAT by Blackberry app from Google play. install it.
    05-20-16 06:50 AM
    Excellent, thanks. Didn't fancy wasting hours moving that much data around!

Posted via CB10
    05-20-16 07:25 AM
    Just make sure you do the app undates including the Microsoft exFat drivers - in the Playstore search for "Blackberry Limited" and that as well as other apps will be found.
    05-20-16 11:48 AM
    I tried to move my card and snapped my SD card in half. Lost so much. Be careful

BlackBerry Priv | 6.0.1 AAE570| Bell
    05-20-16 12:51 PM
    Wouldn't encryption prevent you from swapping SD cards and accessing files in another device? I recall one member in this board couldn't access files in an SD card transferred from one Priv to another Priv citing encryption issues.
    05-20-16 01:05 PM
    Make sure you back it up though. It's always a delicate process.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-20-16 01:39 PM
    Wouldn't encryption prevent you from swapping SD cards and accessing files in another device? I recall one member in this board couldn't access files in an SD card transferred from one Priv to another Priv citing encryption issues.
    Yes, encryption is tied to the specific device. You'd either have to UNencrypt the card or copy the data while in the original device to a computer and then to the new device (or, I guess using two usb, from one phone to the next.)
    05-20-16 02:15 PM
    Encryption is used for Adoptable Storage which wipes the card and ties the SD card to the device. OP is going to use it just for media storage and in that mode you can swap.
    05-20-16 02:18 PM
    Encryption is used for Adoptable Storage which wipes the card and ties the SD card to the device. OP is going to use it just for media storage and in that mode you can swap.
    However, if the OP had encrypted the card on his Passport, it will be unreadable on the Priv, which is what I think ajwan was getting at. In that case, they will need to offload the files through the Passport's USB connection or similar first, reformat on the Priv, and then copy the files back over.
    05-21-16 01:39 AM
    The annoying thing is I can't remember whether I formatted it in the passport or not initially.
    Is there any risk if I just try it in the Priv? Or will the Priv automatically reformat it and dump all the data? I guess I'll just make a backup to be safe, although that's something I was trying to avoid since it will take me hours. I know I should do it anyway though so I guess I will....

Posted via CB10
    05-21-16 04:24 AM
    I've got 185GB of stuff on a 200GB card in the passport, can I just put it straight in the Priv or will I have to take everything off it and reformat it for Android?

Posted via CB10
    I would transfer date to a PC! I went from PP to Priv, transferred my 64GB SD card and the card coming out of a PP is not in a format that Priv will be able to use! It will wipe the SDcard!

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2015/...evice-to-priv/
    05-21-16 08:08 AM
    My SD card was not encrypted. But I had read somewhere that Android had a different folder structure for an SD card so I copied my data over to my PC before putting the card in my priv. I then formatted the SD card in priv And copied over the data to the appropriate folder.

OCD? Yes I am :-)

FF22 likes this.
    05-21-16 08:57 AM
    My SD card was not encrypted. But I had read somewhere that Android had a different folder structure for an SD card so I copied my data over to my PC before putting the card in my priv. I then formatted the SD card in priv And copied over the data to the appropriate folder.

OCD? Yes I am :-)

It definitely has its own set of folders and subfolders. I had to place all of my photos albums under the DCIM folder on the card in order to find/view them. Now that was when I first got the Priv so maybe the photo viewer I used for the File Manager I used was limited but putting them in the DCIM folder worked, so that's the way I still have it.
    05-21-16 10:33 AM
    ...and whatever you do, whenever you want to take the card out of your priv, be sure and go to settings>storage and click the eject icon toggle for the card and let it do its thinga BEFORE you remove the card as otherwise it will become "corrupted" and unreadable according to your priv.

FF22 likes this.
    05-21-16 10:59 PM
    ...and whatever you do, whenever you want to take the card out of your priv, be sure and go to settings>storage and click the eject icon toggle for the card and let it do its thinga BEFORE you remove the card as otherwise it will become "corrupted" and unreadable according to your priv.

Whereas, I think, that in BB10, cards were hot swappable. Meaning you did not have to take any special measures on inserting or removing a card.
    misterabrasive likes this.
    05-22-16 12:38 AM