Just got word that a new fix is already in place for those of us still suffering this SDCard issue but was not given a timeline as to when the fix will be made available. Hopefully soon as I don't want to bother with workarounds.
    11-23-15 03:20 PM
    Is this a BlackBerry fix or another origination? I am completely aghast they allowed items out the door with such a fundamental defect... amazing !!

Just got word that a new fix is already in place for those of us still suffering this SDCard issue but was not given a timeline as to when the fix will be made available. Hopefully soon as I don't want to bother with workarounds.
    Last edited by patapoof; 11-23-15 at 03:44 PM.
    11-23-15 03:24 PM
    I this a BlackBerry fix or another origination? I am completely aghast they allowed items out the door with such a fundamental defect... amazing !!
    Not one company in this world has ever released a bug-free product. This particular issue isn't a showstopper (maybe for some) because it doesn't render the device useless (unlike some of the HUGE bugs that Apple tends to release with their products right on schedule every year).
    11-23-15 03:29 PM
    For myself this issue inserts a delay in any plans I might have to go from my BlackBerry Passport to Priv. Mistakes happen, but you gotta admit this is a hummdinger... JC should hire a high school kid to try devices out before they ship... eh?
    11-23-15 03:43 PM
    For myself this issue inserts a delay in any plans I might have to go from my BlackBerry Passport to Priv. Mistakes happen, but you gotta admit this is a hummdinger... JC should hire a high school kid to try devices out before they ship... eh?
    I would just point to you that if not one single reviewer, reviewers that are supposed to test this trough, and have mentioned meaningless and pointless issues, have mentioned not even once this issue, tells a lot about how widespread, or noticed this issue has been.

Probably this was mentioned but not fully looked at, or just moved down in the list of stuff to fix.
    11-23-15 03:59 PM
    I would just point to you that if not one single reviewer, reviewers that are supposed to test this trough, and have mentioned meaningless and pointless issues, have mentioned not even once this issue, tells a lot about how widespread, or noticed this issue has been.

Probably this was mentioned but not fully looked at, or just moved down in the list of stuff to fix.
    Most people are probably using sdcards 32GB or less so this issue would never crop up. exFAT driver is required to utilize the full potential of cards 64GB and up (since this bug seems to only affect 64GB or greater sizes).
    11-23-15 04:04 PM
    I am going to wait for updates to before converting my SD card. I am sure BlackBerry will have it out soon, I remember when BB10 came out, it took a few updates to get it running as smooth as it does now. But the first OS had it's glitches as well.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-23-15 04:09 PM
    Most people are probably using sdcards 32GB or less so this issue would never crop up. exFAT driver is required to utilize the full potential of cards 64GB and up (since this bug seems to only affect 64GB or greater sizes).
    Hence why I'm saying maybe is not a top priority on their fixes list.
    11-23-15 06:00 PM
    What is sad is that there were problems with 64GB+ cards in BB10 for the longest time, took the company forever to get it sorted out and they never seemed to make any concrete public statement about it when it finally did get fixed.

It's as if the person assigned to write the storage system driver on both OS's doesn't know anything about storage systems...
    11-23-15 06:35 PM
    Nice tutorial.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 06:16 AM
    This was a very helpful post and it did lead me to the solution I needed.

I have a new Blackberry PRIV on Marshmellow 6 and it would NOT read a Lexar 633x micro SDXC UHS-1 (Class 10) SD card.

The solution here did not work so I tried it with the FULL FORMAT function instead of the QUICK FORMAT with the FORMAT SIZE ADJUSTMENT selected as in the post. Prior to that time I was getting a response that the SD card was there but needed to be mounted. Mounting the card had no impact,

I am not sure if it is important but I also downloaded and installed the SD card driver from here:

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/for...ows/index.html

which had no impact with the QUICK FORMAT but I can not say it was not an important step. From what I can see that download is more for the Lollipop 5.1 as it is not mentioned in the Marshmallow 6.0 manual. Regardless, it did not interfer with the solution.

The FULL FORMAT function takes some time to process (hours +) as compared to the QUICK FORMAT (minutes only) but it was worth the wait as it worked. I put a BEER CAN chicken on the BBQ and it was done before the FORMAT was complete.

Now when I down swipe on the screen everything is there! So thanks for the post, it was not the final solution for me but without it I would not have known to go to the next step. I hope this helps the next person in line!

Richard Laughton
    Milton Ontario Canada
    gizmo21 likes this.
    08-20-16 06:56 PM
    I don't know if this is a related problem, but I am unable to upload song onto my memory card and its only a 4gb card! do all cards have to be formatted?
    09-19-16 04:42 PM
    I don't know if this is a related problem, but I am unable to upload song onto my memory card and its only a 4gb card! do all cards have to be formatted?
    Some cards come formatted. Have you placed it in the Priv? Main Settings, Storage and give it some time to calculate then scroll down to see if it show SD Card.

How are you trying to copy or upload a song to the card? USB or download? Is the card old - could there already be data on it?
    09-19-16 05:37 PM
    I had inserted the SD into my computer using an adapter, and uploaded the songs, at first the phone wasn't showing the songs, but I just ejected the SD card and put it back in (the priv then re-read the SD card) and now I see all the uploads!
    thanks for your help . . . just me being simple
    FF22 likes this.
    09-19-16 05:59 PM
    sorry I appear to have another problem now. . . I have the new songs on my sd card and the phone can see them, but the artist names have not transferred (even though it was ripped from original album) is there anyway I can edit the artist names??? please help???
    09-20-16 11:12 AM
    sorry I appear to have another problem now. . . I have the new songs on my sd card and the phone can see them, but the artist names have not transferred (even though it was ripped from original album) is there anyway I can edit the artist names??? please help???
    You need an mp3 TAG editor, either on the computer or, there may be some that can edit on the phone.
    09-20-16 11:44 AM
    Re-format the 'bad' SD card:
    1. Use SDFormatterv4 (from www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4) and set Option-Format Size Adjustment to ON before you format the card
    2. Next open an elevated Command Prompt (right click to run as admin)
    3. type the following and press enter
    4. format d: /x /fs:FAT32 /a:1024 /v:MySDCard

The result should be similar to this:
    Insert new disk for drive D:
    and press ENTER when ready...
    The type of the file system is EXFAT.
    The new file system is FAT32.
    Verifying 58.2 GB
    34291 bad sectors were encountered during the format. These sectors
    cannot be guaranteed to have been cleaned.
    The specified cluster size is too small for FAT32.
    Format failed.

It took over an hour to reformat my Silicon Power 64 GB microSD which worked fine on my BB Priv until the Android Marshmallow update however bad sectors were found so perhaps the card was already failing before the OS update.

If no bad sectors are found, then format once more with SDFormatterv4 and you should be fine.
    Last edited by Morgan Rajan; 01-14-17 at 10:08 PM.
    01-14-17 06:39 PM
    I am going to wait for updates to before converting my SD card. I am sure BlackBerry will have it out soon
    Have they?
    12-29-17 02:49 PM
    after a few updates, my PRIV had worked great with SD card, just recently I got a new Key One and as much as I liked my PRIV, the K-1 is a fantastic upgrade for sure !
    12-29-17 03:42 PM
    after a few updates, my PRIV had worked great with SD card, just recently I got a new Key One and as much as I liked my PRIV, the K-1 is a fantastic upgrade for sure !
    I hear the physical keyboard is a lot easier to use. I don't like the physical keyboard on the Priv, I keep hitting the edge of the top half when I got for the upper keys.
    12-29-17 07:59 PM
    I have a Keyone, and the issue is still there. The card is mostly shown as empty and inaccessible when it's clearly not so. I come from a Passport where the card is still read perfectly, so the problem is with silly Blackberry/Android partnership.
    12-30-17 12:01 AM
    I have a Keyone, and the issue is still there. The card is mostly shown as empty and inaccessible when it's clearly not so. I come from a Passport where the card is still read perfectly, so the problem is with silly Blackberry/Android partnership.
    I could be wrong, but most problems has to do with the Android SD card security. Lollipop and before worked great, but it's almost a waste to have a SD card on Android now unless you're using it to expend the system memory.
    12-30-17 12:44 AM
    In what way you say it's a waste?
    Personally I had this 64GB SD card on the Passport, it worked flawlessly and I found it very convenient to store photos directly there. How would you do it otherwise, you mean cloud?

The matter is, it's a quite small card, 64GB, of a well known brand, it still works great on the Passport (and I bet on any other phone), but my Keyone is having issues with it. Someone suggested to install the ExFat Blackberry app but that too proves useless.
    12-30-17 01:25 AM
    You are the man, yo thanks a lot i was getting worried that all 3 of my BB devices were not working. Thank you
    10-26-19 09:38 PM
49 12