I was having the same issues that many people has reported in here not being able to attach files from an SDCard, specifically large cards formatted to exFAT.
    In my quest to find a solution to the issue, and after trying many fixes I found on the internet, I resorted to a last one before I gave up, to my surprise i got my 128GB SDCard issue sorted out.

I've tested this solution with 5 different SDcards, 2 SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC UHS-I Class 10 formatted to exFAT, 1 PNY 64GB Class 10 exFAT, 2 SanDisk Ultra 128GB microSDXC UHS-I formatted to exFAT, all of them work with no issues.

What you will need:
    1. A PC or Mac Computer
    2. SD Card Formatter program from the following link (available for pc or mac) https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/
    3. Obviously your SDCard
    4. A usb card reader

Steps:

• Turn your phone off and remove the SDCard from it.
    • Backup your sdcard contents to a computer (we will format the sdcard) using your sdcard reader.
    • Install SD Card Formatter and open the program
    • Select your sdcard and click on options and turn on format size adjustment, for format type you can keep QUICK or choose whichever you want (all other options will take longer to complete)

SD Card Issues? Try this possible fix.-2.png

• Proceed to format your sdcard
    • Now re insert your sdcard on your phone and turn it on.
    • Go to settings >> Storage >> Erase sdcard and proceed to do so, once completed re boot your phone and you should be ready to go.
    • Test sdcard access before restoring anything, to do so go to settings >> apps >> select your file manager app and clear all data.
    • Open your file manager app, select your sdcard and try to create a new folder or file on it, if this task completes your are good to go
    • Just to be sure go to the hub and hit compose and try to attach a FILE, see if you can now see your sdcard.

SD Card Issues? Try this possible fix.-screenshot.jpg

If all went right and your succeeded you can now proceed to restore your files back to your sdcard.

A few final words:
    This may or may not work for everyone, it did work for me with five different SDCards that is why I am sharing this.
    Please lets try to keep this discussion on the topic of finding a solution to this issue.
    Depending on the size of the files you already have stored this might take a long time, like really a looooooooooong time to back up and restore so be patient.
    And finally I am not responsible if you loose any type of files or damage your sdcard in the process, proceed at your own risk.
    relativ, sam81, Carjackd and 6 others like this.
    11-21-15 09:57 PM
    Thanks for sharing.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-22-15 03:12 AM
    I tried your your process and now can read and write to my 128 gb card. My biggest need was to save pictures from my camera.

11-22-15 10:58 AM
    Huh. Just last week I stuck an old 16GB card into my wife's older Android (Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android 4.4); first I plugged it into my Mac and simply trashed what was on it, but that was all.

And it worked fine right away.

Is this a Priv thing, or an Android 5.1 thing? I've never heard of the SD Card Formatter before, despite having used many many SD cards in many types of computers and phones over the years. They come from the factory formatted, and they just work. Why is Priv different?
    11-22-15 11:14 AM
    Just putting this in here, as it seemed a better place than starting a new thread:

I got a SanDisk 128GB card for my Priv this morning, and put it in, and watched as the Microsoft ExFAT driver installed itself, and then went to Settings->Storage and saw it there. So far so good.

Opened TotalCommander (File manager app) and tried to create a "Music" folder with the intent of copying my music collection to the device.

Got the "You must grant access to this app" popup, and told it to go ahead, to discover that the settings popup couldn't see the SD card and thus couldn't grant the access - could see the internal storage, but not the SD card.

Tried many different things I found that supposedly work with Android, such as erasing the card, sticking it in a Windows desktop and setting a disk label - none helped.

I then tried a few odder approaches such as different filesystems.

What eventually worked was formatting the card as FAT32 and setting a label - now, Windows won't let you format a 128GB drive as FAT32 - it's NTFS or ExFAT. However, Linux *will* let you do this, so I shoved the card into a Linux laptop and issued the following:

mkfs.vfat -F32 /dev/mmcblk0p1

which creates a FAT32 filesystem on partition 1 of the device "mmcblk0" which is what the SD card showed as on the system.

Take it out of this, put it back into my Windows laptop and set a volume label (I used "SanDisk" - you can use anything) and then put it back in the Priv.

Create a directory. Get permissions popup, and it can see the SD card! Success!

Long winded, total flipping faff and shouldn't be necessary, but it works.
    11-22-15 12:03 PM
    Anyone know what the format size adjustment accomplishes ? UPDATE: from the PDF instruction manual: "Format Size Adjustment If the formatted capacity of the card is not a multiple of capacity in a cylinder, some hosts may not access the card successfully. This option adjusts formatted capacity to a multiple of capacity in a cylinder. OFF: This option does not adjust the formatted capacity. Usually, this option should be selected. ON: This option adjusts the formatted capacity to a multiple of capacity in a cylinder. This option may reduce the formatted capacity. This option should be used by specific users who encountered a trouble with formatted capacity"

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 12:57 PM
    @ealvnv thanks for that man. Did the job.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 O2 UK
    11-22-15 01:44 PM
    I haven't had any luck with these steps, unfortunately.

Out of curiosity, what's your build number? Mine is the AAC724.
    11-22-15 05:16 PM

AAC734
    11-22-15 06:38 PM
    AAC734
    Could be the deciding difference. Thanks for the info!
    11-22-15 06:51 PM
    Thank you for these tips. While it didn't work in my case, I formatted my 64GB Card as FAT32 as DaPol2 suggested. Both the HUB and third party file managers are able to read and write to the card now.

BlackBerry seems to be aware of this issue.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...ght/true#M1194
    11-22-15 07:50 PM
    Thanks. I will link this to the tips and tricks...
    11-22-15 07:52 PM

No luck for me too. Damn
    11-22-15 08:11 PM
    Thank you for these tips. While it didn't work in my case, I formatted my 64GB Card as FAT32 as DaPol2 suggested. Both the HUB and third party file managers are able to read and write to the card now.

BlackBerry seems to be aware of this issue.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...ght/true#M1194
    Just in case keep your sdcard backed up, fat32 tends to cause issues to SD cards with capacity bigger then 32 GB
    11-22-15 10:31 PM
    No luck for me too. Damn
    Sorry it didn't work for you, out of curiosity did you follow all steps in order? Are you also on build ACC734?
    11-22-15 10:32 PM
    I will have to give this a shot as well

11-22-15 10:33 PM
    Maybe I will try tomorrow. The process of taking the protective condom off my Priv is a nuisance at best.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (cricket OS 10.3.2.2474) вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv via CB for Android 2.0.3 (TMo OS Lollipop 5.1.1)
    11-22-15 10:44 PM
    Thank you! I will give this a try later this afternoon!!!

Posted via Priv
    11-23-15 08:05 AM
    same problem..build AA724.................third ticket from blackberry.....problem known and being worked on
    ( 0030234264 )
    11-23-15 08:43 AM
    No luck for me too. Damn
    same problem..build AA724.................third ticket from blackberry.....problem known and being worked on
    ( 0030234264 )
    11-23-15 08:45 AM
    I tried the steps as well. Still have the same issue (unable to write/delete from file managers/attach from SD Card in Hub) I'm on Build AAC826.
    11-23-15 09:00 AM
    I partitioned my card using a GParted Live disc and then formatted it in the PRIV. This partially solved the problem in that I can now save photos to the SD card. What I can't do is delete photos from the SD card. I also can't extract a compressed file from the PRIV's memory to an SD card.
    11-23-15 09:48 AM
    Card: 128 SanDisk Ultra Micro XCI class 10
    Blackberry Build: AAC826

I followed your steps to the exact way your tutorial shows and it didn't work for me either
    11-23-15 11:10 AM
    Card: 128 SanDisk Ultra Micro XCI class 10
    Blackberry Build: AAC826

I followed your steps to the exact way your tutorial shows and it didn't work for me either
    I gues this saves me the trouble since I have the exact sd card you tested. How do you ever check build numbers?

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (cricket OS 10.3.2.2474) вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv via CB for Android 2.0.3 (TMo OS Lollipop 5.1.1)
    11-23-15 11:22 AM
    I gues this saves me the trouble since I have the exact sd card you tested. How do you ever check build numbers?

-Settings/About Phone
    11-23-15 11:29 AM
49 12