Hi, I just bought a Priv yesterday, and it isn't recognising my SD Card. I've never seen these card brackets before. Is it possible to put it in wrong?
    SD Card Issue-img_20160101_123910.jpg

Posted via  Z30 (OS 10.3.2.2876)
    01-01-16 12:43 PM
    Possible. Try taking it out and put it back in until it is seated all the way.
    01-01-16 01:03 PM
    Make sure you have all updates done, you may have to manually check. Not likely in wrong as it usually won't allow it to go in. Check your instructions or online to confirm you put it in correctly. Some people had there's working after the last update. Mine still don't work, and I have tried 3. Good luck.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-01-16 01:51 PM
    I'm confused by this part "I've never seen these card brackets before" - what are you referring to here?
    01-01-16 01:57 PM
    I'm confused by this part "I've never seen these card brackets before" - what are you referring to here?
    Both the SD and SIM card slots have these brackets in them. The guy at the store pulled one out, snapped the SIM Card Into it, and replaced it into the slot. I did the same with the SD Card, following the directions...and it seemed to only snap in one way.

In "Storage " in the settings, there doesn't seem to be clear indication as to whether or not an SD is present. But, it doesn't show in the file manager, or in Windows Explorer when connected to the pc.

01-01-16 02:12 PM
    Make sure you have all updates done, you may have to manually check. Not likely in wrong as it usually won't allow it to go in. Check your instructions or online to confirm you put it in correctly. Some people had there's working after the last update. Mine still don't work, and I have tried 3. Good luck.

Thanks...updating is the first thing I did. OS, then all BlackBerry apps in GPS.

01-01-16 02:13 PM
    Both the SD and SIM card slots have these brackets in them. The guy at the store pulled one out, snapped the SIM Card Into it, and replaced it into the slot. I did the same with the SD Card, following the directions...and it seemed to only snap in one way.

In "Storage " in the settings, there doesn't seem to be clear indication as to whether or not an SD is present. But, it doesn't show in the file manager, or in Windows Explorer when connected to the pc.

Oh, that's just called a SIM card holder (or tray), and an SD card holder. Yeah, they're SUPER finicky on the Priv. There was another thread about it, too. My Nexus 5 tray was a lot less...fragile, I guess is the word.

Pop it back out and reseat it another way. Even if you keep it facing the same way you currently have it, maybe it just needs to be removed and adjusted. I had a horrible time getting my SIM card in correctly on the Priv. I know you're talking about the SD card slot, but still, they're both similar.

If you want, take it out and snap a photo of how you're about to put it into the phone to show us here.
    01-01-16 02:33 PM
    With some cards you need to fat format them first before they will work.
    Windows won't do it but, if you google how to FAT format an sd card there are a ton of free apps.

This will most likey solve your issue.
    01-01-16 02:38 PM
    Here's mine. With the phone on its back, screen up, place the SD card and its tray into the slot like this.

Does that help?

Attached Thumbnails SD Card Issue-3409.jpg  
    01-01-16 02:38 PM
    Had to format my card on the computer before it would work in my Priv. Then I had to download the exfat driver from Google Play. Still am not able to transfer files from my device memory to the card using any of the file managers I've tried.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    01-01-16 02:47 PM
    Thank you. I will try this when I get home :-)

01-01-16 02:52 PM
    Thank you. I will try this when I get home :-)

No problem, let us know.
    Also, for what it's worth, I didn't have to format my card at all...but I think it was a previously-used card. I can't remember. I do have a new SanDisk card with a larger capacity on the way, so I'll see what sort of steps I do or don't have to take for that.
    01-01-16 03:06 PM
    No problem, let us know.
    Also, for what it's worth, I didn't have to format my card at all...but I think it was a previously-used card. I can't remember. I do have a new SanDisk card with a larger capacity on the way, so I'll see what sort of steps I do or don't have to take for that.
    I can't see your picture anymore for some reason. This is mine:
    SD Card Issue-img_20160101_181014.jpg

01-01-16 06:10 PM
    Did you download Microsoftexfat from Google play?

01-01-16 06:48 PM
    I can't see your picture anymore for some reason. This is mine:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160101_181014.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	386330

That looks correct. Now that we know you've physically done everything right, I'd check out what the other users are saying about properly formatting it. I haven't had to do that to mine for some reason, it just works, but like I said I have a new one coming and who knows, maybe I'll have to format that one.

01-01-16 07:11 PM
    I installed a new 128gb. Never had to format. Works fine

Jonneh likes this.
    01-01-16 07:12 PM
    Did you download Microsoftexfat from Google play?

I have now, thank you, but even after a reboot, still no dice.

01-01-16 07:19 PM
    All apps up to date?

01-01-16 07:20 PM
    I'm sorry, I spoke too soon. Back in settings, it's checking the card and recognising it now. Thank you very much everyone for your help!

01-01-16 07:21 PM
    Your file mgr app you choose will require special permissions to delete or move files

01-01-16 07:34 PM
    Your file mgr app you choose will require special permissions to delete or move files

thanks for the heads up on that. I think I have it sorted now. I was able to delete the test photos that I took. Thank you very much!

01-01-16 08:06 PM
    Woohoo!!! A success! :-D Congrats and enjoy the device!
    XxWile_E_CoyotexX likes this.
    01-01-16 09:45 PM
    Hmm mm....my file manager has access to the SD card. but, now I'm trying to download my music folder via the Mega app. it can see my SD card, but when I choose a folder on the SD card to download to, it hangs:Attachment 386353

-from my Priv 5.1.1
    Attached Thumbnails SD Card Issue-983.jpg  
    01-01-16 10:32 PM
    How long does it hang for? Can you let it sit for 10 mins and see if it ever moves?
    01-02-16 09:16 PM
    How long does it hang for? Can you let it sit for 10 mins and see if it ever moves?
    I let it sit all night. I'm stumped. I'll tell you, BlackBerry 10 is a superior OS. Having experienced android, I now know this to be true.

Maybe the marshmallow update will fix some of these issues. As it is, I just found out that you can't encrypt the SD Card anyway. Imagine that?

01-03-16 01:02 PM
34 12