Hi,

I just got a sd card and tried to move some applications to it. However it says there is not enough space.

I have formated it twice with same result.

Any idea on how to solve this?

Thanks
    11-13-15 10:43 AM
    Hi,

I just got a sd card and tried to move some applications to it. However it says there is not enough space.

I have formated it twice with same result.

Any idea on how to solve this?

Thanks
    How big? Is it SDXC Card?

Did you download MicrosoftexFAT for BlackBerryhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ry.exfat&hl=en
    11-13-15 10:56 AM
    Yes I have it installed. Card is 64GB but said size is only 58.
    11-13-15 11:18 AM
    Yes I have it installed. Card is 64GB but said size is only 58.
    It saying it's only 58GB is OK. I am having the same problem along with quite a few other Priv users. My card is 128GB and it says the same thing. I tried reformatting my card and everything else. However, I am just going to wait for a fix. Quite a few people have said BlackBerry is working on a fix. I can only hope this is true... Super annoying. For now, we wait...
    11-13-15 12:32 PM
    Mine onl says 119GB. Pretty sure that part is just software on the SD card.
    11-13-15 12:33 PM
    just wanted to add my experience using a 128gb microsd card formatted as exFAT. Installed the driver on the playstore.

Had some issues:
    1) camera would save to internal memory even when told to save to SD
    2) when sharing an image preloaded on my sdcard from the gallery app to other apps (vsco, instagram etc), it would error
    3) music files would randomly tell me "could not read file"
    4) alarm would use the built in default tone instead of the music file on the sd card I picked
    5) sd card wouldn't show up in cheetah mobile sync (a sad replacement for blend) to save to
    6) setting a custom picture password background, it would crash / photos would unexpectedly stop when choosing a photo or wallpaper I had stored on the sdcard.

I took the card out, backed up everything to a hard drive. Uninstalled the exfat driver, rebooted the priv. Reformatted card as FAT32, copied all my files back, popped in the priv, and gave it an hour to scan everything (I have about 90GB of photos and videos on it).

#1-#6 have all been solved. ymmv of course, but I'm happy with sd card usage on the priv now.
    11-13-15 12:37 PM
    Still can't get mine to work and I have tried pretty much all suggested. Happening on both a 128GB and 64GB Sandisk SD card. Best I get is the card shows up but nothing saves to it. Hopefully they fix this quickly, very frustrating. It was so easy on my Passport. Thanks to all who offered suggestions.
    11-13-15 05:11 PM
    As a note of interest a formatted disk always has less storage space than on the label because the file system table requires some of that space. So a 32 GB microSD card has approximately 28GB available after being formatted.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-13-15 05:18 PM
    Still can't get mine to work and I have tried pretty much all suggested. Happening on both a 128GB and 64GB Sandisk SD card. Best I get is the card shows up but nothing saves to it. Hopefully they fix this quickly, very frustrating. It was so easy on my Passport. Thanks to all who offered suggestions.
    Ditto... 128GB SanDisk... Calling BlackBerry Technical support tonight...
    11-13-15 05:59 PM
    just wanted to add my experience using a 128gb microsd card formatted as exFAT. Installed the driver on the playstore.

Had some issues:
    1) camera would save to internal memory even when told to save to SD
    2) when sharing an image preloaded on my sdcard from the gallery app to other apps (vsco, instagram etc), it would error
    3) music files would randomly tell me "could not read file"
    4) alarm would use the built in default tone instead of the music file on the sd card I picked
    5) sd card wouldn't show up in cheetah mobile sync (a sad replacement for blend) to save to
    6) setting a custom picture password background, it would crash / photos would unexpectedly stop when choosing a photo or wallpaper I had stored on the sdcard.

I took the card out, backed up everything to a hard drive. Uninstalled the exfat driver, rebooted the priv. Reformatted card as FAT32, copied all my files back, popped in the priv, and gave it an hour to scan everything (I have about 90GB of photos and videos on it).

#1-#6 have all been solved. ymmv of course, but I'm happy with sd card usage on the priv now.
    I reformatted mine to FAT32 and I UninstalleD the exFAT driver, but I didn't reboot my Priv... Guess I will reformat it *again* and restart my device before putting it in... Wish me luck... Not feeling lucky haha.
    11-13-15 06:04 PM
    Sorry for the triple post, one question. If I didn't have any files on my SD card other than the android and LOST.dir, do I really need to transfer those back to the card after reformatting it?
    11-13-15 06:10 PM
    This is a known issue and is being investigated by BlackBerry. Seems to be an issue with the exFAT driver.

Also as a word of caution if you can wait a bit for a solution from BlackBerry avoid formating sdcards 64GB + to fat32. Stick to exFAT if possible and give BlackBerry some time to have a solution
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-13-15 06:11 PM
    Sorry for the triple post, one question. If I didn't have any files on my SD card other than the android and LOST.dir, do I really need to transfer those back to the card after reformatting it?
    nope! also, just reboot after exfat driver uninstall (technically this shouldn't even be needed, but I did it just to be safe), no need to reformat the card if it's already set to FAT32! good luck, SD issues are a real headache and i feel your pain - expandable storage was one of the big perks of this phone, so to not have it work properly is a little disheartening. keep us updated!

edit: another thing to try if you're out of options is to format it in android itself, instead of using your PC. If you go to settings->storage, you should see an option that says "erase sd card", I could be wrong here but I believe that formats the card..
    11-13-15 06:12 PM
    Seemed a good idea kertong so I tried that and unfortunately makes no difference,still says .".couldn't move app.Not enough storage space."
    11-13-15 06:51 PM
    Well, reformatted again... Didn't transfer the files this time. Made sure that app was UninstalleD and I inserted the SD card when the phone was off, thinking it might help and still no luck... Gonna contact BlackBerry now lol.
    11-13-15 08:21 PM
    Well, reformatted again... Didn't transfer the files this time. Made sure that app was UninstalleD and I inserted the SD card when the phone was off, thinking it might help and still no luck... Gonna contact BlackBerry now lol.
    I feel your pain, I've done way more trying to get the card to work than I've ever had to do. Let us know if you get it sorted out. I'm calling BlackBerry help tomorrow.

Posted with my BlackBerry Priv via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-13-15 08:29 PM
    Yea I'm having issues myself and it's driving me crazy. I even thought my Lexar 64gb card was defective because it kept saying the memory wasn't enough when I tried to move apps as little as 16MB. Proceeded to issue a return to Amazon and purchased a 128GB capacity card by SanDisk. Chances are I might still run into the same annoying exFAT bug. Christ. All this headache for nothing. Going to be calling BlackBerry support tomorrow.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2474) вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv via CB for Android 2.0.3 (TMo OS Lollipop 5.1.1)
    11-13-15 08:43 PM
    DO NOT reformat exFAT cards to FAT32!

Those cards are made to use the exFAT format and their write handling and block allocation are optimized for it. If you never intend to WRITE to the card it may be ok, but if you do you're risking corruption and loss of everything on the card.

The exFAT issue has to be fixed, whatever it is. The only issue I've had is that the phone didn't seem to like figuring out where the card is for some operations (such as with ES File explorer); I copied everything off, reformatted it in the phone, and am now putting everything back (big card, taking a while.)

I'll let you know if that fixes it -- it might.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-13-15 08:48 PM
    DO NOT reformat exFAT cards to FAT32!

Those cards are made to use the exFAT format and their write handling and block allocation are optimized for it. If you never intend to WRITE to the card it may be ok, but if you do you're risking corruption and loss of everything on the card.

The exFAT issue has to be fixed, whatever it is. The only issue I've had is that the phone didn't seem to like figuring out where the card is for some operations (such as with ES File explorer); I copied everything off, reformatted it in the phone, and am now putting everything back (big card, taking a while.)

I'll let you know if that fixes it -- it might.
    It's alright to reformat it back to exFAT, right?

Also, this is what BlackBerry told me Having SD Card Issues? - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    11-13-15 08:57 PM
    Yes.

Note that it's entirely possible (and occasionally does happen) that if you reformat an exFAT card to FAT32 for the controller chip to go insane and lose its allocation map during subsequent writes. If that happens the card is junk.
    11-13-15 09:08 PM
    Yes.

Note that it's entirely possible (and occasionally does happen) that if you reformat an exFAT card to FAT32 for the controller chip to go insane and lose its allocation map during subsequent writes. If that happens the card is junk.
    Do you still run the risk even in my case where it was formatted to FAT32 but it's been reformatted to exFAT?
    11-13-15 09:38 PM
    I had to do some general research about SD cards as a 64Gb sized version quit allowing writes to it after seven months -- the upshot is that these cards are basically disposable and should only be used with a good back up regime.

There is some 'special ' formatting software available and search should bring it up - https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

In my case it said it formatted but made no difference and I had to initiate a RMA.

But here it sounds like something a little flaky is going on. I'm sure it will be figured out soon.

Sorry I can't offer more.

Bring back random taglines!
    11-13-15 10:13 PM
    Do you still run the risk even in my case where it was formatted to FAT32 but it's been reformatted to exFAT?
    Possibly, but not likely if it wasn't written to extensively. The issue has to do with wear leveling.
    11-13-15 10:15 PM
    My 128gb cards working fine. I've moved a bunch of movies, music and games to it. It was originally formatted on a Passport Silver. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Priv
    11-13-15 10:18 PM
    BlackBerry knows about the issue are working to fix it.

Myself I would not format any card larger than 32gb in anything but exfat.
    11-13-15 10:27 PM
28 12