Hi there, I have a BB Priv and when entering the settings menu the page automatically jumps to the bottom of the page and I cannot scroll up any more. Same in all sub menus. It does not happen on any other pages or apps, just in the Settings menu.

I am using Android version 6.0.1. This problem occured some time after the last update. Restarting so far has not helped anything.

Thanks for any advice.
    04-27-17 08:41 AM
    Hi there, I have a BB Priv and when entering the settings menu the page automatically jumps to the bottom of the page and I cannot scroll up any more. Same in all sub menus. It does not happen on any other pages or apps, just in the Settings menu.

I am using Android version 6.0.1. This problem occured some time after the last update. Restarting so far has not helped anything.

Thanks for any advice.
    I don't know if you did a full reboot but you can try:

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    04-27-17 10:46 AM

Thanks for any advice.
    I had this happen. All you have to do is clear the cache, but since you cannot get to it from the settings screen go to the playstore and download
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...infolife.cache
    Good luck!
    04-27-17 10:50 AM
    I had this happen. All you have to do is clear the cache, but since you cannot get to it from the settings screen go to the playstore and download
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...infolife.cache
    Good luck!
    That was the solution, thanks very much! Only 10MB of cache to clear but apparently this was the reason for locking the scroll function. I even had the app you recommended already installed, I should have used it more often.

Thanks again & Cheers
    chuckiev79 and FF22 like this.
    04-27-17 01:25 PM
    That was the solution, thanks very much! Only 10MB of cache to clear but apparently this was the reason for locking the scroll function. I even had the app you recommended already installed, I should have used it more often.

Thanks again & Cheers
    Your welcome. I'm surprised this issue hasn't popped up for more people.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-28-17 06:55 AM