Problem: When I accept or place calls, when the call is over and I pull the phone away from my face the screen stays blank. Tapping, or double tapping it does not make a difference. Opening and closing the keyboard doesn't bring it to life. Even the Power/Lock button does nothing.

Sometimes if I press and hold the power button I will very briefly get the screen to power on and show "Power off" and "Reboot" options but it's usually only for a fraction of a second before it disappears.

What I have tried so far:
    Downloaded proximity tester. It recognizes when I cover the sensor so I can only assume it's functioning
    Rebooting
    Powering down for several minutes
    Enable/disable lift to wake (a function that doesn't seem to work on the phone)

Any ideas? I did the recently released software update last night in hopes that it would fix the issue but it doesn't.

If the person I'm on the phone with hangs up the display comes right back on with no problems. The issue is I call customers with this phone regularly, and if I leave a voicemail I'm unable to hang up because the screen won't come on and I'm leaving minute and a half or however long it takes for their voicemail to boot me.
    12-02-15 11:40 AM
    Nobody? I was on a speaker phone call the other day and the screen kept lighting up and going black immediately.
    12-04-15 08:51 AM
    Had this issue. Tested with a proximity tester that gave actual distances.

The screen protector was doing something very strange. When nothing was in front of the prox sensor it acted like there was, but when i put something about 10-15cm away, it worked properly.

While waiting to get a new SP, I resolved by putting my hand about 10cm from the sensor during calls. That would bring it back to life.

Good luck with yours
    01-03-16 04:50 AM