I always use tempered glass screen protectors on my phones. As these aren't available for the Priv yet: what do you guys do? Go naked? Found other really good protectors that cover the entire screen?

I've literally never used a phone without a screen protector. I bought a plastic one for the Priv, but it leaves large parts of the screen unprotected and has a sharp edge on the sides: unusable
    12-11-15 12:11 AM
    I don't use protection when I'm naked.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-11-15 12:13 AM
    I don't use protection when I'm naked.
    that might be a bad strategy in the long run :-)
    12-11-15 12:46 AM
    I've tried the Matte and Clear skins from Skinomi, and the clear skins from SuperShieldz. The Skinomi ones cover nearly the entire screen with just a hole cutout for the camera, and are a little bit thicker, which is good for extra protection but the tradeoff is that the surface is a bit more noticeable. The SuperShieldz are pretty thin, but have maybe a half millimeter gap at the edges, but since it's so thin it's hard to see unless you're looking for it. Also, instead of a hole cutout for the front camera, it's a slot from the top, and it also leaves a space for the proximity sensor (to the left of the top earpiece).
    12-11-15 12:56 AM
    I'm using the flip case until I can find a screen protector.
    12-11-15 01:20 AM
    I'm using the Clearplex screen protector from BestBuy. They have a machine that prints the screen protector right there and then one of the Geek Squad guys puts it on. It curves with screen and has a pretty decent fit. It's no glass but at least it won't chip around the edges as tempered glass protectors tend to do.

12-11-15 02:21 AM
    I'm using the Clearplex screen protector from BestBuy. They have a machine that prints the screen protector right there and then one of the Geek Squad guys puts it on. It curves with screen and has a pretty decent fit. It's no glass but at least it won't chip around the edges as tempered glass protectors tend to do.

Yeah, but they want 30 CAD for the thing. That's a lot for a piece of flimsy plastic.
    12-11-15 02:27 AM

Clearplex has been on my devices fer the past few year's and been totally satisfied. The clarity and the ultra thin quality makes it virtually undetectable with the naked eye. It fits the Priv nicely edge to edge.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    12-11-15 04:42 AM
    I always use tempered glass screen protectors on my phones. As these aren't available for the Priv yet: what do you guys do? Go naked? Found other really good protectors that cover the entire screen?

I've literally never used a phone without a screen protector. I bought a plastic one for the Priv, but it leaves large parts of the screen unprotected and has a sharp edge on the sides: unusable
    Haven't used a screen protector in 4 years.
    12-11-15 04:52 AM
    Clearplex has been on my devices fer the past few year's and been totally satisfied. The clarity and the ultra thin quality makes it virtually undetectable with the naked eye. It fits the Priv nicely edge to edge.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    Can't get those in Europe, though
    12-11-15 05:39 AM
    Haven't used a screen protector in 4 years.
    Any scratches? I'm still not sure how easily Gorilla Glass 4 scratches
    12-11-15 05:40 AM
    Any scratches? I'm still not sure how easily Gorilla Glass 4 scratches
    The only scratch I've got is on my Q10 from several years ago. It's a very light scratch. You wouldn't know it's there unless you were inspecting the screen. I've had the Priv for about a month. There's not a blemish on the screen. It's a silky smooth screen - it cleans very easily, unlike my Passport where I really have to work the cloth to get the haze off.
    12-11-15 05:57 AM

I have one of these for my Passport and love it, plus it comes with a lifetime warranty, if it gets a scrape or a bubble, take it back and get it replaced no questions asked...just keep your receipt.

Posted via CB10
    Carbonman1 likes this.
    12-11-15 06:05 AM
    With today's smartphone screens, I think screen protectors are unnecessary for most people. The screen is harder than everything it is likely to come into contact with for most people. The only scratches I've noticed on mine and other people's phones in recent years are minor and only visible on close inspection with the screen off / totally black. Drop protection is a different story. I don't use a case, but I can understand why a lot of people do.
    12-11-15 06:14 AM

IQ Shield LiQuidSkin - BlackBerry Priv Screen Protector + Full Body (Front & Back) HD Ultra Clear Film Guard - Smooth / Self-Healing / Bubble-Free Shield.

Like being naked and surrounded by an invisible layer of protection. Install carefully, per directions, and you'll never even know it's on. Adds no bulk. Buy on Amazon.

BlackBerry Priv
    ev44 likes this.
    12-11-15 06:41 AM
    I just put the Hard shell case after fixing the side buttons manually and that is it. No screen protection at all.

12-11-15 07:21 AM
    I just put the Hard shell case after fixing the side buttons manually and that is it. No screen protection at all.

+1

I was going to get the ClearPlex from Bestbuy but after some consulting with the geek, he was right in telling me that the hard shell case will cause the screen protector to peel from time as your constantly moving the case. Gotta go with trusting Corning Glass with Gorolla Glass 4 is the best so far.
    12-11-15 07:54 AM
    I have that original Blackberry Priv case and I'm worried I might scratch the phone because the case is really tight
    12-11-15 08:16 AM
    Go commando!

(unless you live in an area where something like sand is common)

nicky_willz and Jonneh like this.
    12-11-15 08:19 AM
    Go commando!

(unless you live in an area where something like sand is common)

I live in an area where something like rain is VERY common. Sand? I wish :-(

Greetings from Switzerland
    12-11-15 08:33 AM
    I ordered the screen protector from Ghost Armor a couple days ago and it comes in today, I'll post a photo but from what I saw it covers the entire screen. I also ordered the black onyx carbon fiber wrap for the back and sides, I've always put them on my devices in the past. I'll be sure to post that photo as well.
    Aaron Marcinkowski likes this.
    12-11-15 08:39 AM
    How have the thinner screen protectors work out? I really want to get a temp one in the meantime and tempered glass for the long run.
    12-13-15 04:38 PM
    I am going naked with the leather case no screen protector.

12-13-15 04:41 PM
    Yeah, but they want 30 CAD for the thing. That's a lot for a piece of flimsy plastic.
    Yep, I got it and took it off within 3 hours - wasted $35 but it felt terrible and the greasy fingerprints it attracts is gross looking.
    12-13-15 04:47 PM
    Naked!
    12-13-15 05:02 PM
61 123