The screen is affixed with adhesive. When bezels are very narrow there is not much surface area for adhesive. So, there is the potential for it to happen. I think with a curved screen the potential is less.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 02:43 PM
    How is speculation going to be of any constructive use?

Surely, it would be more sensible to wait until production versions of the phone are in people's hands.

Then you get some meaningful answers.

Posted via CB10
    Again, this forum is 99% speculation on devices that haven't been released, so should we just close it down? Why is it that 1,000 can be made about how it is a mistake for BlackBerry to make an Android phone instead of BB10, but I make a thread about something that could happen and there is a place to discus it when it does come out but apparently that is stupid?

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    10-16-15 02:45 PM
    The screen is affixed with adhesive. When bezels are very narrow there is not much surface area for adhesive. So, there is the potential for it to happen. I think with a curved screen the potential is less.

Posted via CB10
    That's an interesting idea. I believe the adhesive tape on my Passport is wearing out due to my phone heating up from when I play games or prolonged sessions of use. With the curved edges, maybe the screen is lighter and will hold better.

10-16-15 02:50 PM
    I'm with World War Z30 on this one. He posted about a concern that he has, and gave valid reasoning - just because you have a smart *** comment to make, doesn't mean you need to. It's becoming pretty easy to see how members are "earning" the titles of CrackBerry Addicts, Masters, and Geniuses - senseless posts. So much of this forum has become quantity over quality.

To the topic - I've had to exchange a couple of Passports, but luckily never because of the screen lifting. If they're planning on winning some market with this phone, it better be solidly built! The only thing that I can think they have working in their favor is that they've had this phone in development for so long, that they have hopefully been able to work out any hardware kinks. That said, once it goes to mass production, who knows...
    The dismissive responses have had nothing to do with trying to be a smart aleck or defensive fanboy. The phone has not yet been released, so there is no avenue for legitimate discussion on this hollow and baiting non-topic.

Maybe it'll have screen lift issues, maybe it won't. Until we have user reviews and hardware teardowns, we won't know. So, exactly: "who knows..."

Posted via CB10
    anon(4275744) likes this.
    10-16-15 04:43 PM
    Dear OP,
    I think people are just tired of hearing about liftgate. Most on here have not had a problem. Out of the people that claim to have a lifted screen, 1/2 of them are just OCD and simply reading a thread like this will make them think it is happening to theirs. Actually I am wondering how many of the server OCD people here are now waiting for the Priv 2 because they read this thread's title.
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    10-16-15 04:58 PM
    I'm with World War Z30 on this one. He posted about a concern that he has, and gave valid reasoning - just because you have a smart *** comment to make, doesn't mean you need to. It's becoming pretty easy to see how members are "earning" the titles of CrackBerry Addicts, Masters, and Geniuses - senseless posts. So much of this forum has become quantity over quality.

To the topic - I've had to exchange a couple of Passports, but luckily never because of the screen lifting. If they're planning on winning some market with this phone, it better be solidly built! The only thing that I can think they have working in their favor is that they've had this phone in development for so long, that they have hopefully been able to work out any hardware kinks. That said, once it goes to mass production, who knows...
    Mine says "Abuser ". Should I be concerned?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 04:59 PM
    Dear OP,
    I think people are just tired of hearing about liftgate. Most on here have not had a problem. Out of the people that claim to have a lifted screen, 1/2 of them are just OCD and simply reading a thread like this will make them think it is happening to theirs. Actually I am wondering how many of the server OCD people here are now waiting for the Priv 2 because they read this thread's title.
    Well I can't help if people don't read the actual thread. If they won't buy a phone because the read a thread title and nothing else, then either they are moronic or BlackBerry is truly in dire straights.

10-16-15 05:02 PM
    It lifts up and is bent.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-16-15 05:08 PM
    I've only had my Priv for only about a week now but haven't seen any screen lift yet. Although there is a bit of screen squish.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 05:11 PM
    The one major concern I have with getting the Priv is the screen lifting. I recently had this problem on my Passport. From the images I have seen, the glass looks to me sitting on top of the chassis instead of being framed under it, just like the Passport.

The passport screen isnt even curved..think about it....im pretty sure your gonna be just fine

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    10-16-15 05:30 PM
    LOL x99
    10-16-15 05:39 PM
    The dismissive responses have had nothing to do with trying to be a smart aleck or defensive fanboy. The phone has not yet been released, so there is no avenue for legitimate discussion on this hollow and baiting non-topic.

Maybe it'll have screen lift issues, maybe it won't. Until we have user reviews and hardware teardowns, we won't know. So, exactly: "who knows..."

Posted via CB10
    90%+ of the threads on here deal with things that we don't know.

Will the Priv have ... ?
    When will phone x be released?
    I hope that ...

It's a forum - people post about what's on their mind. There's nothing wrong with this thread.

What happened to the good ol' days when people would just ignore a thread to show the OP that they don't care about it? Getting 0 replies is much more emotionally scarring!
    World War Z30 likes this.
    10-16-15 06:55 PM
    Mine says "Abuser ". Should I be concerned?

Posted via CB10
    You and I don't matter
    Last edited by hoopitz; 10-16-15 at 07:08 PM.
    10-16-15 06:56 PM
    Do you even lift?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 07:38 PM
    Greetings everyone. I have come from the future and yes the Priv screen does lift. I must go now, my planet needs me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    HKondor likes this.
    10-16-15 07:58 PM
    Greetings everyone. I have come from the future and yes the Priv screen does lift. I must go now, my planet needs me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    You came 5 day early!
    10-16-15 08:17 PM
    Screen lifts? Send it back get a new one

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 08:26 PM
    Think this thread should be closed..... device has not even come out yet. And only one device has had that problem....

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 08:27 PM
    Yes, it lifts! And it takes a lot of steroids as well. Hence its size and curves, they're actually muscles.

Posted via CB10
    Lmao you can't make me laugh out this loud man lol

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    H4zN and skibnik like this.
    10-16-15 08:52 PM
    I have a S6 edge, the Priv is using the same screen tech as Samsung and I have not had any screen lift. I searched Android Central for this problem couldn't find any threads of having the S6 edge screen lifting.
    10-17-15 06:51 AM
    Screen lift..yeah yeah yeah..

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 07:14 AM
    This thread should be closed.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed!!!!

Posted via CB10
    deadcowboy likes this.
    10-18-15 05:49 AM
    Maybe it will, and maybe it won't. There, that's the absolute best (and only) answer you can get at this stage of the game. Satisfied?

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 05:59 AM
    This issue even on the passport was not like bendgate, so it was not very common, why speculate on a device not even released. I doubt it will, I have the S6 Edge and no issues at all.
    10-18-15 06:27 AM
    I expected people to speculate on whether the issues of previous phones would be a concern with this new phone. This doesn't mean people can't have a discussion on what they think. Half of the post on this forum are about what may or may not be included with this phone. If people can't post ideas or talk about them then they should close the whole Priv forum until it comes out based on half the comments posted on this. If you think it's stupid to ask for opinion then bugger off and don't comment.

Dumb answer! Passport was way different than Priv. Passport was having huge 1X1 screen and screen lifting is simple engineering! You just let people speculate your dumb mind.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 07:11 AM
60 123