Hello BB fans,
    Since a couple of days, some strange things going on:
    1) When I get a call, (or make a call after dialing), my screen goes black, the only way to wake up my screen is to press the power button, it goes black again when I doesn't touch the screen anymore (for info screen goes a sleep configured to 5 minutes)
    2)In the settings I've set to wake up my screen when I double tap on the screen, doesn't work anymore.
    3) In my hub screen my text messages are showing normally, I see the sender, with the first words ex, How are you?, when I want to open that text message the conversation screen is empty, when I open the same text message in my Text folder, I got the full conversation...? the first time I've answered with the text, didn't receive your text, could you send it again? He didn't received it, when I opened that message from my Text folder, my message didn' t appear in that conversation..
    Older messages was not a problem, I think that this 3 problems appeared since 3 days..
    Did a hard rest by pressing +/- 32 sec on the power button, didn't work either,
    Honestly didn't notice If their was any update, tried a lot of things to reset in the settings screen, didnt work either so any help is welcome,
    Thank you in advance for helping me out
    09-03-16 07:03 PM
    Any new app installed?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-03-16 07:21 PM
    Download Blackberry Virtual Expert and run the Sensor tests, particularly the Proximity test. Do you have a new screen protector or even an older one? They can interfere.

Try more reboot/safe boot methods

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    anon(7915689) likes this.
    09-03-16 11:10 PM
    Hello
    Thank you for your answers,
    Yes I've installed 5 apps (NBA, Opera, F1, VPN and Opera VPN)
    I've got Virtual Expert and the sensor tests were OK, no screen protector.
    I've followed your very usefull instructions for rebooting in Safe mode. The black screen was disappeared , double tap for wake up call was back also.
    Like I had not much free time, I've deletd my 5 apps, result the two problems are resolved.
    Just the text message issue is still there.
    Maybe it's the messenger app from facebook... but problem is that it's very useful like my family and friends are living in an another country, so we chat a lot of times with facebook messenger, I know for other solutions but it's not easy to convince everybody else to change their habbits just for me, so I guess that I have to deal with it....
    Again thanks for your tips and solutions.!!
    FF22 likes this.
    09-06-16 06:41 PM