Hi, my passport started to get a small black line in the top right of screen, a bit like the lcd was failing. Now the screen has gone blank but the keys are still active when I touch the screen. After a while it comes back on but then goes off again almost immediately. Can anybody advise? Thank you
    07-03-19 03:42 PM
    Hi, my passport started to get a small black line in the top right of screen, a bit like the lcd was failing. Now the screen has gone blank but the keys are still active when I touch the screen. After a while it comes back on but then goes off again almost immediately. Can anybody advise? Thank you
    Sounds like a classic case of screen/digitizer failure. Replacement or new device is required in all likelihood.
    07-03-19 04:02 PM
    Back up your data now if you still can so you're ready if the worst happens!

Posted via CB10 using my Classic running 10.3.3.3216
    07-04-19 05:16 AM
    Thank you
    07-05-19 06:34 AM
    After checking some other threads we tried placing a magnet over the screen near the top right section and the screen momentarily comes back to life, is this something different to screen/digitiser failure do you think or a specific part linked to the sliding screen?
    07-06-19 03:56 AM
    Unfortunately as the screen wont stay active i cant back up the data, when i plug into my laptop I think I need to press something on the screen to sync with my laptop..
    07-06-19 03:58 AM
    I have just realised I said that its a Blackberry Passport with the fault but its my Blackberry Priv (sorry). I am using my old spare Passport now, not sure if if this changes to diagnosis..
    07-06-19 04:00 AM
    Kind of a longshot, but if you're able to find a video or screencaptures of the menus used to access your phone storage, when connected to your PC, you might be able to tap the screen in the right spots to turn it on. Do a search for YouT vids or images of accessing Priv internal storage via USB, or using debug mode (similar process) and then just w/ trial and error see if you can roll down the notification shade, tap the "connected in charging mode" banner, and then select the right drop down menu for file transfer mode. This may be tricky if you've got other notifications - since those banners will change the position of the one you want to tap (charging mode banner) but if the screen remains black but functional, not sure what else you can do tbh
    07-07-19 10:48 AM