Anyone else experience this? It still works but I'm very worried it might break soon.

I can lift it up where the slider comes to meet the keyboard not sure if it's the slide trolley supports that have become loose.

Any thoughts on fixing warranty not really an option since it's Grey market bought ? Still going to use it however will rotate in my pp se for heavier use day to day.
    11-02-16 06:53 AM
    You might want to consider trying the BlackBerry OEM hard shell. I believe that the sliding portion of that case attaches/slides on the main portion. This should teheoretically "reinforce" the sliding operation.
    11-02-16 07:18 AM
    Anyone else experience this? It still works but I'm very worried it might break soon.

I can lift it up where the slider comes to meet the keyboard not sure if it's the slide trolley supports that have become loose.

Any thoughts on fixing warranty not really an option since it's Grey market bought ? Still going to use it however will rotate in my pp se for heavier use day to day.
    I don't see any movement in that area. Do you have a kind of permanent separation with a gap or only when sliding it and applying leverage? If more or less permanent gap, might it "snap" back into the track if you pinched it with your fingers?

So, it is not the glassy part of the screen lifting away from the silver trim along the bottom? It is the slide mechanism.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    11-02-16 08:58 AM
    I don't see any movement in that area. Do you have a kind of permanent separation with a gap or only when sliding it and applying leverage? If more or less permanent gap, might it "snap" back into the track if you pinched it with your fingers?

So, it is not the glassy part of the screen lifting away from the silver trim along the bottom? It is the slide mechanism.
    Hi I mis wrote it is exactly this the glassy part away from the silver.

Would the hardshell Case reinforce this?
    11-02-16 10:31 AM
    I'm a bit hesitant to glue it on lol
    11-02-16 10:32 AM
    Hi I mis wrote it is exactly this the glassy part away from the silver.

Would the hardshell Case reinforce this?
    I've not looked at a dissection video in a while so I don't know if there's some access to that area. I've read about glues used to hold the battery and maybe the screen to the underlying frame elements. So maybe a very careful dab of super glue could fix it. Glue on the edge of stiff paper might slip in that gap/space without getting on the curve of the screen.

I doubt a case would "fix" that since I think most avoid interfering with the curved edge???

You might still give BB a try for warranty?

Good luck.
    11-02-16 12:00 PM
    I misread the op, I guess. I thought the slide was the issue. That said, I do believe the slider portion of the oem case does wrap very slightly over the glass. But I've only seen one in use very casually. We'd need confirmation from someone who uses it.
    11-02-16 12:05 PM
    The screen is only held on by glue on the 2 long sides of the screen. I could definitely see the screen coming loose if the phone has got excessively hot. There is a video on YouTube how to replace a cracked screen you may want to watch it to get advice on how to re-adhere yours to the frame.
    FF22 and Wezard like this.
    11-03-16 07:57 AM
    The screen is only held on by glue on the 2 long sides of the screen. I could definitely see the screen coming loose if the phone has got excessively hot. There is a video on YouTube how to replace a cracked screen you may want to watch it to get advice on how to re-adhere yours to the frame.
    I'll check the video any glue you would specifically recommend ?
    11-04-16 10:17 PM
    Any type of metal / plastic glue?
    11-05-16 11:14 PM
    VHB tape. It's VERY thin like scotch tape but sticks like CRAZY and is what was probably used originally. 3M makes it and it's available, but you have to look for it.
    11-05-16 11:46 PM
    VHB tape. It's VERY thin like scotch tape but sticks like CRAZY and is what was probably used originally. 3M makes it and it's available, but you have to look for it.
    Hi thanks trying to find it here in Philippines.

Does it say VHB on the package? These guys at hardware store trying to sell me all kinds of 3M which I'm sure will be too thick or whatever lol
    11-06-16 08:58 AM
    If you can't find the tape, a little bit of clear RTV silcone, use a toothpick, it won't take much.
    If it's paint-able, it's not true silicone.
    11-06-16 10:11 AM
    Picture, please.
    11-06-16 12:35 PM
    Yes, it will say VHB on the strip you remove to expose it for application. It's not easy to find "retail", but it does exist. Look on Amazon.
    11-06-16 02:50 PM
    Picture, please.
    Here is the issue.
    Attached Thumbnails Screen coming off from bottom-65001.jpg  
    11-07-16 12:24 AM
    Here is the issue.
    Damn!
    11-07-16 03:59 AM
    Here is the issue.
    Wow!

I guess you have no need to try sneaking something into a TINY gap. Your gap is GAPING! Does it seem like there was ever some form of adhesive between the screen and the underlying frame?
    11-07-16 08:54 AM
    Wow!

I guess you have no need to try sneaking something into a TINY gap. Your gap is GAPING! Does it seem like there was ever some form of adhesive between the screen and the underlying frame?

Actually this just was noticed last week; it looks clean so if I can find that VHB tape or equivalent glue looks like I can be ok.

As of the moment the concern is minimal as I don't do a lot of VKB work so the bounce it might have on typing isn't affecting me.

I just hate having to be careful as one wrong move could rip the entire thing off.

Thanks for the advice here.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-07-16 09:37 AM
    With that much loose, I'd make sure the ribbon cable was completely and firmly inserted before re-gluing.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-07-16 10:22 AM
    Actually this just was noticed last week; it looks clean so if I can find that VHB tape or equivalent glue looks like I can be ok.

As of the moment the concern is minimal as I don't do a lot of VKB work so the bounce it might have on typing isn't affecting me.

I just hate having to be careful as one wrong move could rip the entire thing off.

Thanks for the advice here.
    I'd throw some scotch or other clear tape on that side to hold it in place in the interim.

While I know you said you don't have a warranty, I would still either tweet or contact BB with pictures and again saying it is the glass part above the chrome trim. That seems like a really defective install/assembly!
    11-07-16 10:36 AM
    I'd throw some scotch or other clear tape on that side to hold it in place in the interim.

While I know you said you don't have a warranty, I would still either tweet or contact BB with pictures and again saying it is the glass part above the chrome trim. That seems like a really defective install/assembly!

Will try the director in SE Asia was talking to me (Cameron) as I was going to by multiple passports but he became unreliable.

I love the phone just hope it doesn't continue to fall apart
    FF22 likes this.
    11-07-16 12:04 PM
    If it helps, I have used clear silicone to entirely stick a screen back onto a Passport a year ago and it's still holding up although it is also water damaged and doesn't get used all that much.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-07-16 01:42 PM