While touching the middle of the screen can someone check if there is any play or give? While touching the middle of the screen I can see that it's somewhat loose.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-11-15 11:07 AM
    I have some play that creates some creekyness when pressing harder than normal about an inch up on the screen when closed. Also creates a click noise when tapping sometimes.

Pinot2015 likes this.
    11-11-15 11:42 AM
    Mine does the same. I don't think this is normal. I wonder if it's certain batches.
    ahmedhanif911 likes this.
    11-11-15 12:23 PM
    Yes, I have creaking screen too...Even when it's lightly touched. There's lots of give. Bought mine in UK - carphone warehouse. Returning it.

11-11-15 12:23 PM
    Yes, I have creaking screen too...Even when it's lightly touched. There's lots of give. Bought mine in UK - carphone warehouse. Returning it.

I think I have the same problem but not sure if is the screen or the slider mechanism tough. When keyboard is opened the clicking doesn't seem to happen.
    Pinot2015 likes this.
    11-11-15 01:54 PM
    I think I have the same problem but not sure if is the screen or the slider mechanism tough. When keyboard is opened the clicking doesn't seem to happen.
    Maybe cause it's more hollow at the bottom. Im gonna go to an att store and if it's doing the same thing then will just keep it

11-11-15 01:57 PM
    99% sure it is the sliding mechanism

11-11-15 01:59 PM
    I've got the same thing. Doesn't really bother me though. Maybe they did it on purpose since the storm was such a hit lol

Curve8300 - Curve9220 - Torch9850 - Z10 - Priv
    11-11-15 02:33 PM
    There's a fix in one of the threads but I couldn't get mine to stop clicking on the bottom right of the screen.
    11-11-15 02:38 PM
    Can you share the link to the thread, or better yet, can you share the fix?... Thanks

11-11-15 08:37 PM
    I just tested this. Mi e does it but you really have to press harder than normal than needed. Light touch always gets the action. Maybe heavy thumbs?

posted from my Priv!
    11-11-15 08:44 PM
    I have the clicking noise at the bottom corners of the slider corners. Very annoying!!

How can this be fixed?

11-14-15 08:15 AM
    This sounds like the Z10 all over again. What you might be hearing is the back panel clicking. Take it off and then touch the screen. If it is genuinely the screen as my Z10 suffered from half an inch up through the bottom of the screen then take it back!

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 08:38 AM
    I have noticed mine doing that. Is this normal? It you push harder than usual, the bottom portion of the screen will give and click. The top will not. When you slide it out and type on the bottom, it no long clicks.
    11-16-15 11:19 AM
    so do all the priv's have this issue? my screen clicks when i press on the bottom left area of it. the left side is visibly a couple MM higher than the right side.

I was going to return the phone for another one, but what's the use if all phones suffer from this issue?
    11-16-15 11:47 AM
    Hey there, I returned my original Priv because of this issue. When the screen was fully closed, you'd hear a tapping noise from the bottom left side of the screen. It was bad if I used the touchscreen, it was pretty annoying. You could see where there was a bit of give.
    It was deemed defective by Rogers, some do it and some don't. I know it seems like nit picking but it was really annoying to hear.
    @PCArsenault
    11-16-15 11:58 AM
    I had the same issue as well I did an exchange and this one is perfect.
    11-16-15 12:20 PM
    I this this is the slider mechanism. If I hold the screen side there is no movement pressing the screen.
    11-16-15 12:28 PM
    Yeah, I mean that's how slider phones are. There's going to be a little play in the sliding mechanism. If there wasn't a little play then you wouldn't be able to slide the phone open. Even if a phone doesn't seem to have any play at first, it will get some play in it over time. This is true for every slider phone in the history of slider phones, just basic mechanics.
    11-16-15 12:30 PM
    This isn't play on the slider itself, this is the phone physically being unbalanced on one side, and so when you put any pressure on the screen, it pushes the screen down making a taping noise. I'm sure that's not the way they meant it to be. It is a manufacturing defect
    11-16-15 01:02 PM
    It's just a matter of time with a slider that you get some movement.

11-16-15 01:18 PM
    Just got my priv, it does the same thing here in the UK variant, someone also bought it and it does the same thing. I'm using the Pkb now so I wouldn't make the bottom left of the screen worse, it's good to see I'm not the only one.....
    11-17-15 08:21 AM
    When my screen is up and the keyboard out I get a little clicking on the lower right side? The lower left side is fine. Should I return it or is this normal? Help appreictaed
    11-17-15 08:27 AM
    I found if my screen is slid up a little harder so it sticks all the way the right bottom corner won't click like mentioned above. But if I pull it down slightly and let it back up then it will. So just make sure the screen is pushed up all the way!
    bbhybridchris and Brazen9000 like this.
    11-18-15 07:46 PM
    Yeah, I mean that's how slider phones are. There's going to be a little play in the sliding mechanism. If there wasn't a little play then you wouldn't be able to slide the phone open. Even if a phone doesn't seem to have any play at first, it will get some play in it over time. This is true for every slider phone in the history of slider phones, just basic mechanics.
    not necessarily, i got the LG Chocolate few years back and the sliding mechanism worked fine, i still have it but i don't use it though. the first one i got was defective but the second was good.
    11-18-15 09:05 PM