Saving photos works like a charm after the exfat update of BB, but is it true that I (still?) cannot save Windows Word files to the SD card?

I get this yellow banner after trying, saying: "Choose another location - You don't have permission to save files to this location".

Or did I perhaps forgot to do something to make this work?
    12-26-15 03:46 PM
    Nobody uses MS Word on the Priv?
    Nobody saves on Memory Cards or wants to do so?
    12-27-15 12:05 PM
    Issue resolved. See my post below.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by lawguyman; 12-29-15 at 12:04 PM.
    WT44 likes this.
    12-27-15 12:12 PM
    I have over 3 GB of Word documents/PDFs I want to bring over from my z30 SD to my Priv SD. I don't want them in the cloud/dropbox/google drive etc. I guess I can't????
    WT44 likes this.
    12-27-15 12:18 PM
    I haven't figured out how or why the error occurs but in the interim, I save the word doc to my phones docs then move it to my SD using total commander file manager.

Certainly not the quickest way but it works.

Posted via Priv
    STV100-3
    WT44 likes this.
    12-27-15 02:44 PM
    Clearly Word doesn't have security access to the SD card. Like someone else stated, save to internal memory first, then copy over...
    WT44 likes this.
    12-27-15 02:58 PM
    Clearly Word doesn't have security access to the SD card. Like someone else stated, save to internal memory first, then copy over...
    Sheesh, that's one tiresome workaround.
    I kinda hoped this would be fixed when BB came with that exfat app of theirs that made it possible to save on the SD card.
    Im not the most tech-savvy guy around, but who is able/needs to "fix" this issue? Is it a BB thing or a Microsoft/Word thing?

One of the reasons I went back to BB was because I do a lot of writing while on the go. I do not like the idea of saving it on the internal memory, let alone wasting time to relocate it afterwards to the SD card.
    12-28-15 04:42 PM
    I use documents to go and after the latest exfat and system update, I now CAN save ms word docs to micro SD card.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    WT44 likes this.
    12-28-15 04:59 PM
    I use documents to go and after the latest exfat and system update, I now CAN save ms word docs to micro SD card.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    Funny that you mention doc togo....a company owned by Blackberry. I'm disappointed that BB dropped the ball to not include it as part of their BB suite. They always had it pre-installed on pretty much all their devices; I don't understand why it isn't included with this phone (like with the Classic and any other OS 7 device) and why one thus needs to purchase it for EUR ~12.00.

On top of that, I don't even know if I still like this app.....
    When I used the app on the Classic I noticed that they drastically omitted most of the functionality/settings/options that used to make this app so wonderful during the OS7 days.

With the Classic:
    1. You could not click and hold a letter any longer and then scroll the trackpad up,down,side to get an umlaut and such.
    2.Names cannot be simply renamed any longer other than re-saving under a new name and then deleting old file.
    3.There were no possibilities any longer like it was with OS7 to change default settings---->(document)options---->Format for new Word files: MS Word 97-2004; same for Excel, PowerPoint. And also with their OS 10 app it was no longer possible to set default settings to Times New Roman 10/12.

PS Unfortunately, with the Windows Word app it is also not possible to change standard default settings. I don't know anybody who uses Calibri or who writes reports with line spacing when writing stuff......who came up with that nonsense anyways, especially the line spacing??!!

Anyways, what can you tell about number 2 and 3? As to 1: I hope someday users be able to use the keyboard-trackpad to get the same fuctionality like with the OS 7 app.
    Depending on your or anyone else' replies, I might purchase for ~12.00 Euro's.
    Last edited by WT44; 01-11-16 at 08:15 AM.
    12-28-15 05:31 PM
    Actually, you CAN save Word files to the SDCARD. The files just have to be saved to the proper directory.

Try this path sdcard ->Android -> data -> com.Microsoft.office.word -> files -> documents.

I can read and write there with no problem.

This must be an android for work issue or something like that.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Asfalloth and WT44 like this.
    12-29-15 12:03 PM