Bottom Line: Bought a Samsung quick charger - the one you can just place your Priv on a charging pad - and my Priv isn't fully charged when I wake up in the morning, even though it is charging when I go to sleep.

==================

Once I discovered that the Priv could use a quick charger, was all over it, deciding that I would purchase the Samsung variant. First time I placed my Priv on the charger, I had to find a "sweet spot" where the blue light would come on and the phone indicated it was charging.

I have the night mode on, so that the clock automatically comes on when the phone is charging. When I first put on the phone, it is clearly charging. The phone has a thick plastic case with a kickstand, and I've tried charging it overnight with and without it - same results.

Problem is, sometime during the night the charging stops, and I wake up to find my Priv with a charge of anywhere between 68 and 90 percent, depending on how late I wake up (I'm a teacher and off for a few more weeks). Not an issue for now, since I can place the phone back on the charger, and it's in the high 90s within an hour or so, but once school resumes, I can't afford to wake up with a phone so low in battery.

Anyone else experiencing this ... have a fix?

=======================

Edit: The thread title is not what I intended - somehow autocorrect gave me the screwy thread title. :/
    07-11-16 10:27 AM
    I will report the thread and a moderator can change the title - what would you like the title to say?

I've got one of those Samsung "disk" shaped Qi chargers. I also have to locate the Priv carefully but once it is charging it does complete to 100%.
    07-11-16 10:51 AM
    Where can you turn on "night mode"?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-11-16 11:11 AM
    Where can you turn on "night mode"?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Open the Clock app. Tap the 3-vertical dots (upper right) and first option.

I combine this with a change to Notifications to turn off Interruptions between 10:30pm and 6am. Main Settings, Sound/Notif, Interruptions, Downtime.... and pick days and times.
    07-11-16 11:24 AM
    I will report the thread and a moderator can change the title - what would you like the title to say?
    Samsung Wireless Charging Pad Problem

... thanks.
    07-11-16 11:35 AM
    Open the Clock app. Tap the 3-vertical dots (upper right) and first option.

I combine this with a change to Notifications to turn off Interruptions between 10:30pm and 6am. Main Settings, Sound/Notif, Interruptions, Downtime.... and pick days and times.
    Did something very similar, so its possible that the phone stops charging at 0600. Problem is, I use the phone throughout the day, and it loses only around 20 to 30 percent battery - so strange that on the charging pad it would lose more in a shorter amount of time.
    07-11-16 11:37 AM
    Here's the one I have. It came with the ac adapter. I've read some don't have an adapter and you have to provide one yourself. Did yours come with an ac adapter or did you have to provide a separate one? That could affect how it charges.

Oh, the blue led was too bright so I covered it!!!

Samsung Quick Charger Problem on Priv-img_20160711_1007467.jpg
    07-11-16 12:11 PM
    Here's the one I have. It came with the ac adapter. I've read some don't have an adapter and you have to provide one yourself. Did yours come with an ac adapter or did you have to provide a separate one? That could affect how it charges.

Oh, the blue led was too bright so I covered it!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160711_1007467.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	144.0 KB 
ID:	403807
    Interesting. My variant is black (or dark gray), and it came with a Samsung fast charger.

Wonder if it's charging too fast, and then ceasing? Though that still wouldn't explain the quick battery drain afterward.
    07-11-16 12:21 PM
    I think mine also came with the fast charger. I do recall it was 2amps or more.
    07-11-16 03:30 PM