Alright everyone.
    Please allow me to illustrate you on how things work in the real world.
    I'm honestly tired of listening about how we are going full android due to the new partnerships with Samsung and android.
    You people honestly need to stop.
    Did you know that Samsung is a major maker of parts for a wide variety of vendors and manufacturers?

My Lenovo laptop for starters uses a samsung screen.
    A lot of macbooks do as well.
    Even the famed Apple retina displays ARE MADE BY Samsung!!!
    There are also Samsung WiFi cards, as well as samsung ram and even samsung harddrives, ssds and flash memory in tons of other devices as well.
    And guess what?!? You will not see samsung anywhere on that Toshiba, Microsoft , Apple, HP or Dell device.

So what makes you think Blackberry is going Android or for that matter anything Samsung simply because we will be using their parts...
    Seriously... all that talk is noise fueled by paranoia.
    So here you go to all doomsday believers and conspiracy theorist.
    Blackberry on the Samsung website

Samsung Parts-img_20150315_213721.png

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.
    BionicKris likes this.
    03-15-15 09:51 PM
    Wait...there are people who think BB's going Android because BB may be using Samsung parts?
    BionicKris likes this.
    03-15-15 09:55 PM
    Where did someone claim that BBRY's use of Samsung parts is proof BBRY is going with Android OS?

I think you might be on a bit of a tangent, OP. Hilariously so.
    03-15-15 10:09 PM
    Where did someone claim that BBRY's use of Samsung parts is proof BBRY is going with Android OS?

I think you might be on a bit of a tangent, OP. Hilariously so.
    Oh brother I will not waste my time quoting directly.
    If you feel curious look around popular threads in both crackberry and n4bb.
    This isn't going off tangent this is a result of the observed premise.

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.
    03-15-15 10:26 PM
    LOL
    BlackBerry will never go Android. They would dissolve the hardware division before even considering such nonsense. Worst Case. BB10 is technologically far superior to anything out to date. A common fact that is undisputable ATM. BlackBerry will continue BB10 development regardless of market penetration. There is clearly a demand for BlackBerry's in other parts of the world, and eventually people will actually relate BlackBerry as BB10 and no longer as BBOS. In 3 to 5 years from now, BB10 end up being the 2nd most successful mobile OS. By way of licencing agreements. There's many manufacturers that want to remove there dependence on Android, and BB10 is that OS that can help with it.
    BionicKris likes this.
    03-15-15 10:29 PM
    Using Samsung hardware doesn't prove that they'll go android...

Posted via CB10
    BionicKris likes this.
    03-15-15 10:29 PM
    Using Samsung hardware doesn't prove that they'll go android...

Posted via CB10
    Apple uses Samsung parts and visa versa, yet Apple still uses iOS and Samsung still uses Android.
    03-15-15 10:35 PM
    The folks who are theorizing about a BB Android device are basing such theories on a business partnership, NOT the fact that BBRY uses Samsung components.

The latter reasoning doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by Tre Lawrence; 03-16-15 at 11:50 PM.
    03-15-15 10:41 PM
    The new SecuTablet that the media considers to be a BlackBerry is a Samsung Galaxy Tab.
    03-15-15 11:55 PM
    The folks who are theorizing about a BB Android device are basing such theories on a business partnership, NOT the fact that BBRY uses Android components.

Indeed it doesn't, but I've seen it a couple times here and there. Definitely in the minority. Minutiae, rather, on both counts.
    03-16-15 12:31 AM
    The folks who are theorizing about a BB Android device are basing such theories on a business partnership, NOT the fact that BBRY uses Android components.

There's no such thing as Android Components. Unless you mean Android software based. Hardware is hardware, regardless of platform and OS.
    CharlieV and BionicKris like this.
    03-16-15 10:23 PM
    There's no such thing as Android Components. Unless you mean Android software based. Hardware is hardware, regardless of platform and OS.
    Mistype. "Android" should have been "Samsung."
    03-16-15 11:49 PM
    The new SecuTablet that the media considers to be a BlackBerry is a Samsung Galaxy Tab.
    BlackBerry does seem to be benefiting by releasing a press release quickly.
    03-16-15 11:51 PM
    Just because BB and Sammy are partnering up does not mean BB is going Android. Actually I cannot say I have seen many posts anywhere stating because Sammy makes many components that BB will adopt Android. Quite honestly I do not get the OP's logic. How it leaps from BB and Sammy partnering to Sammy making hardware and BB adopting Android is absolutely beyond me. BB has always used Sammy parts ... so why adopt Android now???? If anything a good case that the recent BB partnership with Google to provide certain aspects of security for Android security might leave some to assume that BB might go Android if the partnership were to grow... In actuality all this Android talk started with a rumour BB was actually running BB devices ie Passport with full blown Android for testing purpose. No actual prove but this is how all these rumours start in the first place. Rumours by nature are basically a waste of time.. as they are not based in reality and serve no purpose except to entertain us...
    BionicKris likes this.
    03-17-15 12:11 AM
    If they use that exynos chip and lpddr4 RAM just like in S6 than it will be a very nice product.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 06:57 AM
    If they use that exynos chip and lpddr4 RAM just like in S6 than it will be a very nice product.

Posted via CB10
    I'd rather them stop copying the same hardware like everyone seems to think is a good idea..

The device hasn't been released yet, why don't we wish for new hardware that fits more with the estimated time frame? It doesn't have to be more powerful, but let's stop assuming BlackBerry wants to just "conform" with with other brands.

We know BlackBerry at this point. We know they like to define themselves.

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2558
    03-17-15 03:38 PM
    I'd rather them stop copying the same hardware like everyone seems to think is a good idea..

The device hasn't been released yet, why don't we wish for new hardware that fits more with the estimated time frame? It doesn't have to be more powerful, but let's stop assuming BlackBerry wants to just "conform" with with other brands.

We know BlackBerry at this point. We know they like to define themselves.

Yep, with snapdragon S4's lol. Realistically BlackBerry is always a step behind specifications wise. If using the S6 is an Avenue to keep up with the competition so be it. I really don't see them unveiling a new phone with like 6gb of ram and like a ten core processor. Do you?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 07:01 AM
    Yep, with snapdragon S4's lol. Realistically BlackBerry is always a step behind specifications wise. If using the S6 is an Avenue to keep up with the competition so be it. I really don't see them unveiling a new phone with like 6gb of ram and like a ten core processor. Do you?

Posted via CB10
    Ahahaha no, I don't mean ridiculous specs that would be useless in a phone at this point! :P

I just mean maybe the latest chip at the time of release, maybe be working with Snapdragon to have a flagship phone for their new processor? That kinda thing :P

03-19-15 09:03 AM
    Ahahaha no, I don't mean ridiculous specs that would be useless in a phone at this point! :P

I just mean maybe the latest chip at the time of release, maybe be working with Snapdragon to have a flagship phone for their new processor? That kinda thing :P

Lol I get what you meant, I'm just saying I doubt they will. I'd prefer they do that also, but for now I'd happily settle for S6 specs.

Posted via CB10
    BionicKris likes this.
    03-19-15 09:16 AM
    oh ! Hmm... I think i will slit my wrists the day Blackberry become Blackdroid.
    04-05-15 01:23 PM
    Samsung made the parts to be used in the iPhone 3GS. LG makes the screen display for Sony TV's. Sony Playstation came to be because they were going to make an add on for the SNES. The list goes on.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 04:56 AM

The 2015 flagship Snapdragon processor is the S810, and the latest Samsung Exynos beats it.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 05:12 AM