also comes with a Wolfson DAC, and the Note5 is no exception, so audio quality should be better via Headphones in the Note5

Funny you should mention the Note 5 sound quality (a big importance for me). I gave up the "king" in sound quality being the V10...but the Note is no slouch. Check out this detailed test on the achimago.blogspot.com site under 2015/September post.
    Last edited by Scott Muhlbaier; 01-05-16 at 08:15 PM.
    01-05-16 06:55 PM
    Let's cut the bickering. Stick to the topic. Let an opinion be just that.
    01-06-16 08:49 AM
    I used to have the Note 5
    01-06-16 09:16 AM
    also comes with a Wolfson DAC, and the Note5 is no exception, so audio quality should be better via Headphones in the Note5

Funny you should mention the Note 5 sound quality (a big importance for me). I gave up the "king" in sound quality being the V10...but the Note is no slouch. Check out this detailed test on the achimago.blogspot.com site under 2015/September post.
    Thanks a lot, will give it a read.

The LG V10 certainly seems to be the king of sound, if I'm not mistaken it has a very powerful DAC as well as all kinds of software optimisations to give the best sonic experience. I'd love to try it.
    01-06-16 10:17 AM
    Note 5 all day long. The Priv is a good effort but it's clearly a stage one product that will bridge the gap for BlackBerry, as far as Android devices go it's just not that great.
    Doggerz likes this.
    01-06-16 02:41 PM
    Out of pure frustration with the build quality of the Priv - and the fact that I need to send mine in for repairs because the screen has become ridiculously loose, I went out and bought another EDGE+ plus yesterday - paid extra for a Swisscom device as they get updates from Samsung, while unbranded devices in Switzerland usually don't. It's essentially the same device as the note, minus the stylus, plus the curved screen. What can I say? These are incredibly well made, very fast and the camera is a dream - very snappy, excellent IQ. I will miss the BB brand and the PKB, but for me, the Priv adventure is over. The build quality is abysmal on the Priv. Even if you get a flawless device out of the box, you can expect it to turn into a wobbly mess after a few months. If BB releases the Priv 2 with fixes to all the hardware issues, I'll be the first in line to get another one.
    01-10-16 01:50 AM
    I changed my note 5 against the priv and for business users the priv is much better. The stylus is nice but in fact only a gadget. The bb hub, .... are really useful features!
    01-10-16 04:26 AM
    I changed my note 5 against the priv and for business users the priv is much better. The stylus is nice but in fact only a gadget. The bb hub, .... are really useful features!
    That may be true, but build quality is way better for the N5
    01-10-16 02:19 PM
    Hi,

looking for a new phone to replace my current iphone 5. Just can't decide between these two...

It needs to handle decent amount of emails(not massively), certain web browsing, messaging and music, don't really play games

any advises? or suggestion other than these two is welcome.
    Not yet decided???

Posted via Priv...
    01-10-16 10:15 PM
    Note 5 for sure. I have owned all the major flagships and recommend the Note 5 if you want speed , battery life and no overheating. The priv is good but not quite ready to go head to head against the top flagships.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-10-16 10:39 PM
    The Priv has a duel curved screen with built in functionality. The Note 5 doesn't have that. So there is another plus for the Priv. The S6 Edge + has a duel curved display but lacks the S-pen

Sent from my Passport
    01-10-16 11:09 PM
    The Priv has a duel curved screen with built in functionality. The Note 5 doesn't have that. So there is another plus for the Priv. The S6 Edge + has a duel curved display but lacks the S-pen

Sent from my Passport
    If i would need to buy a phone i just don't let my thread go this long! This shows OP is confused

Posted via Priv...
    01-11-16 12:21 AM
    I agree, the build quality of N5 is much better
    01-11-16 03:15 AM
    hahah, thanks for asking, yes I still haven't decide but I think I will just wait a little longer after see this:

At Least Two BlackBerry Android Phones Planned For This Year
    01-11-16 06:02 AM
    What about the note5 with the keyboard accessory?i I am sure that it is worse than bb keyb but should be better than a screen and note5 has too much screen.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-18 10:07 AM
    What about the note5 with the keyboard accessory?i I am sure that it is worse than bb keyb but should be better than a screen and note5 has too much screen.

Posted via CB10
    You just replied to a thread that hasn’t seen any action for over two years lol.
    07-16-18 10:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'd say Priv is better than Note 5
    07-16-18 11:51 AM
67 123