This is a really irritating/major flaw.

I decided to use BB Virtual Expert to test my PKB since it does not appear to recognize that it is extended/retracted. As I booted into Safe Mode I remembered the last time I used Safe Mode I lost icons and widgets from my various homepages. But it was too late - Safe Mode was being initiated.

Once again, when I booted back normally I lost a bunch of icons/apps and all of my Widgets. BB Launcher does not have a backup or restore process meaning I have to search the App Drawer and figure out what's missing and also to find and figure out what Widget settings I have.

I really find this a pain in the rear end!!!!
    09-09-16 07:50 PM
    again i ask does safe mode change the DPI? Does it clear all the icons or just those on the edges of the screen?
    09-09-16 07:59 PM
    again i ask does safe mode change the DPI? Does it clear all the icons or just those on the edges of the screen?
    Well, unfortunately, to answer that question I would probably have to restore a series of items, go into safe mode and then see what's disappeared. Although, the Widgets are not all at the edges. Month and clock were centered on my first page, pretty much alone. Accuweather was on page 2 or 3 and was along the left side (it was the leftmost taking about 3 icons slots).

Oh, maybe I can answer the question to some extent. NO, I have holes in various locations. Firefox was the 3rd icon on the second page, first row in the center. Task Manager was 4th row and it was along the right edge. A few map type programs were scattered about and are gone, too. Oh, and I do NOT have any apps installed on the sd-card. Oh, both asus and Solid file managers were on my third home screen, in positions 2 and 3 in the top row. NoteEverything was in the rightmost position on page 2, second row.

I remembered some and I actually took a video AZ Screen capture. So I have the arrangement from a few weeks ago.
    09-09-16 08:40 PM
    ok then it doesnt seem to be a DPI change. its odd to say then least.
    09-09-16 08:44 PM
    ok then it doesnt seem to be a DPI change. its odd to say then least.
    Oh, now I get you. If the FONTS/Icons were enlarged, it might force stuff off the page - kind of like Windows in Safe mode or if you change the resolution. I think that they remain the same size in Safe Mode.

I don't know if there's a rhyme or reason why some icons disappear and some remain. Maybe it periodically captures the Home Screens and saves it somewhere. All Widgets do seem to evaporate.

I'm sure my Subject is a bit dramatic but when it happens BOOM!!!!
    09-09-16 08:54 PM
    Oh, now I get you. If the FONTS/Icons were enlarged, it might force stuff off the page - kind of like Windows in Safe mode or if you change the resolution. I think that they remain the same size in Safe Mode.

I don't know if there's a rhyme or reason why some icons disappear and some remain. Maybe it periodically captures the Home Screens and saves it somewhere. All Widgets do seem to evaporate.

I'm sure my Subject is a bit dramatic but when it happens BOOM!!!!
    correct that is what i am referring to
    09-09-16 09:30 PM
    This is a really irritating/major flaw.

I decided to use BB Virtual Expert to test my PKB since it does not appear to recognize that it is extended/retracted. As I booted into Safe Mode I remembered the last time I used Safe Mode I lost icons and widgets from my various homepages. But it was too late - Safe Mode was being initiated.

Once again, when I booted back normally I lost a bunch of icons/apps and all of my Widgets. BB Launcher does not have a backup or restore process meaning I have to search the App Drawer and figure out what's missing and also to find and figure out what Widget settings I have.

I really find this a pain in the rear end!!!!
    Perhaps I'm missing something. Why are you going to Safe mode to run BlackBerry Virtual Expert tests?
    1122334455667788 likes this.
    09-10-16 07:24 PM
    Perhaps I'm missing something. Why are you going to Safe mode to run BlackBerry Virtual Expert tests?
    I was trying to eliminate any Apps that I might be running apart from the native stuff as the cause of the reason that the Priv does not sense that the Physical keyboard is extended and then retracted. But it fails the BBVE tests both in normal mode and in Safe Mode.
    09-10-16 08:22 PM
    Well, does the physical keyboard work when you extend it? If so, then who cares if it passes the test or not?
    09-10-16 08:36 PM
    Well, does the physical keyboard work when you extend it? If so, then who cares if it passes the test or not?
    Well, that is the value judgment I'm trying to make!

Pressing the keys passes the tests. I'm not sure what else like do all gestures work? I guess that if I pull it out, the vkb does not disappear automatically. I have to manually hide it.

It lights up. So, yes, maybe I should stick with MY Priv which has a Ghost Armor protector and no nicks or scratches or .....

And it does Answer the phone when extended. So I don't know why if it senses that movement/operation, it does not notice it in the normal testing mode.

I'd love to know where the sensor/switch/whatever is located and see if it is stuck in one position and could be freed. But I don't necessarily want to pry it off.
    09-10-16 09:19 PM
    Well, that is the value judgment I'm trying to make!

Pressing the keys passes the tests. I'm not sure what else like do all gestures work? I guess that if I pull it out, the vkb does not disappear automatically. I have to manually hide it.

It lights up. So, yes, maybe I should stick with MY Priv which has a Ghost Armor protector and no nicks or scratches or .....

And it does Answer the phone when extended. So I don't know why if it senses that movement/operation, it does not notice it in the normal testing mode.

I'd love to know where the sensor/switch/whatever is located and see if it is stuck in one position and could be freed. But I don't necessarily want to pry it off.
    If you tap the keyboard icon on the lower right of the Virtual keyboard, you have the option to hide the Virtual when the physical keyboard is open
    FF22 likes this.
    09-10-16 09:36 PM
    HELP.. my blackberry bold went into safe mode .. tried all night to get off.. can't use scroll pad ect, verizon zero help. i have tried taking battery out and restarting several times.. no luck since when it reboots i can't scroll to the reset button. any advice appreciated
    09-19-16 02:04 AM
    HELP.. my blackberry bold went into safe mode .. tried all night to get off.. can't use scroll pad ect, verizon zero help. i have tried taking battery out and restarting several times.. no luck since when it reboots i can't scroll to the reset button. any advice appreciated
    You're in the wrong forums. Maybe start your own thread here?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...930-9900-f235/
    09-19-16 02:12 AM