No they're not (in Google Now), at least not in the sort of integrated form that Travel does.
    Yes, really, they are, and have been for a couple of years already.
    10-18-15 11:09 AM
    No they're not (in Google Now), at least not in the sort of integrated form that Travel does.

I'll certainly look at WorldMate; that I have not used.
    I'm with you, BB Travel > Google Now. Been using Android devices since 2009 and nothing can replace BB Travel for me. I hope they find a way...
    10-18-15 02:01 PM
    I'm with you, BB Travel > Google Now. Been using Android devices since 2009 and nothing can replace BB Travel for me. I hope they find a way...
    I haven't used travel in a while. How is it better?
    10-18-15 05:32 PM
    No S4BB apps on the Priv would definitely be a dealbreaker....
    10-18-15 06:19 PM
    What life-changing apps are not available in the Android ecosystem, but are exclusive to BlackBerry? What would be the point of all this?

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    Cascarun

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 06:32 PM
    BlackBerry would surely go out of business if they listened to some of you guys. BB10 has a microscopic slice of the market, its native apps even less so.
    10-18-15 06:41 PM
    I haven't used travel in a while. How is it better?
    Last Wednesday, I was complaining about how long a traffic light was taking to cycle me through. The next Friday I received a notification that I was 11 minutes from a new place. When I looked into where this "new place" was, it was that same intersection.
    10-18-15 07:41 PM
    BlackBerry Travel, Facebook, Pictures, WhatsApp, Evernote.

These are the few apps that I feel is life changing for me though some of these apps are available on Android but they are better on BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, but I have to say the BB10 FB app is crap

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 08:27 PM
    Is there a decent Android equivalent to Health Pro?

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59942113

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.
    10-18-15 08:56 PM
    Yes, really, they are, and have been for a couple of years already.
    Troy,

Does Google Now scan all email accounts, or only gmail? If only gmail, that's a significant limitation for some of us.
    10-19-15 12:42 AM
    I have yet to find a weather app on Android that insults me to my face on what the weather is outside. Maybe I like it rough, but it's something I really miss - https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=CA

EDIT: welp, nvm.. - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....weather&hl=en
    This post is now redundant!

BB10 runtime is not needed!
    10-19-15 01:02 AM
    Troy,

Does Google Now scan all email accounts, or only gmail? If only gmail, that's a significant limitation for some of us.
    From my experience, only gmail, but it doesn't scan it on the device. it scans emails on Google's servers and all the processing is done server side as well, and the result is just delivered to your device.
    10-19-15 02:20 AM
    Battery Guru

It's ad free, and the best one, all the android ones throw in all these unneeded thing and then ads. All I want to see when I open the apps is my battery graph, temperature, and time remaining. I shouldn't have to go through all these button presses like I did on the few for android I tried.
    Battery Guru? You mean the same app we have to pay 2 times ( PB and BB10 version) , which didn't received the update from October 2013?

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 02:35 AM
    it scans emails on Google's servers and all the processing is done server side as well, and the result is just delivered to your device.
    That alone would be a good reason to prefer BB Travel
    10-19-15 05:03 AM
    I just taught the OP was kidding???

There are some BlackBerry made apps that I'd like to see brought to Android... namely Blend.

But no I don't want a BB10 or any other "runtime" decreasing performance and battery life.... still wish we could have seen BB10 without the Android Runtime. QNX, eight years ago with it's own native ecosystem... if only!
    10-19-15 07:52 AM
    Remember when you could run Palm OS in web OS? That was awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    10-19-15 09:01 AM
    From my experience, only gmail, but it doesn't scan it on the device. it scans emails on Google's servers and all the processing is done server side as well, and the result is just delivered to your device.
    That's correct, it only scans Google properties.

Guess what -- those of us who give a damn about our privacy and security don't run our business email on Gmail, and some of us don't run our personal email there either.

Among other things S/MIME is not supported by Gmail (intentionally, as they couldn't scan it if it was encrypted) nor would it be meaningful in a webmail environment.

This is why Travel is so useful; it scans all your incoming email accounts for travel-related things. I have three separate email accounts active on my Passport and only one of them is a Gmail account -- which I never use for anything important, nor will I ever.
    10-19-15 09:18 AM
42 12