I hope you're sarcastic and I just don't see it
    Mr Fistmaster as a source..

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 10:45 AM
    I'm going to enjoy it if the official announcement verifies Fitmaster's inside info. What will all of the BlackBerry Androidites say then?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 10:56 AM
    As suggested above, just last night I wondered what it would take to have BB10 fans to build phones with bought licenses. It may be the only way BB10 stays alive.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 11:01 AM
    I'm going to enjoy it if the official announcement verifies Fitmaster's inside info. What will all of the BlackBerry Androidites say then?

Posted via CB10
    Don't get your hope high..let it go..let it go..🎤
    z3user and JeepBB like this.
    10-10-15 11:03 AM
    April 1st IS the date.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    00stryder likes this.
    10-10-15 11:23 AM
    Claim bought to you by the Fistmaster. The guy's whose shining accomplishment on CB is the way he manages to incorporate the word "first" in his comment posts.

(This is not a diss at the Fistmaster.)
    cgk likes this.
    10-10-15 12:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    LOL. Probably start more of the "What features you want on BB12 or 10.5.0.xxx threads".

Device hasn't even been released, Chen wants to sell 10 million(like Thors) for the new "iPhone Killer" to make a profit, still no advertisement/talk outside of the super hype on the forums, and we're talking BB10 version with minimal apps. While I would love to see a BB10 version, I find it hard to believe this will happen and not affect "potential" purchase decisions before we even get a release date.

Anyway, nothing new with their decision making. It's not like we haven't seen BlackBerry on numerous occasions, do the old "Barney Fife" ........
    shooting yourself in the foot- with the only bullet in the damn gun.
    wincyUt and kbz1960 like this.
    10-10-15 01:23 PM
    Claim bought to you by the Fistmaster. The guy's whose shining accomplishment on CB is the way he manages to incorporate the word "first" in his comment posts.

(This is not a diss at the Fistmaster.)
    Or the name Thorsten Heins

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 02:37 PM
    If BB10 is released for the Slider, I buy the Slider. If not, I don't.

Do NOT buy the Slider running Android based on this rumour, unless you are incapable of assessing the current status of BB10 as both moribund and sidelined.
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    10-10-15 07:08 PM
    I could see a reasons this could be true.

A fail safe. In case the android version does not sell as planned. So they could deliver to the BB10 faithful.
    10-10-15 08:33 PM
    Perhaps Fistmaster took one too many fists to the head.
    10-10-15 09:47 PM
    You Serious?

[Rumour] Priv to receive BB10 in February-j-.-j-laughing.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails [Rumour] Priv to receive BB10 in February-j.j-laughing.jpg  
    Last edited by Bay 13; 10-10-15 at 10:44 PM. Reason: none
    10-10-15 10:31 PM
    No doubt that after the release of 'Priv' even Chen will use BB10 device.

Posted via CB10
    Let's not get carried away. I think it'll take him a considerable amount of time to move from BB10 to Android. How can we forget that horrible demonstration he gave to that website??? I think it's clear he's either only ever used BB10 or he's VERY used to it.
    10-10-15 10:39 PM
    Didn't Chen already state that BB10 drivers cost too much to create another device?
    Let's see: drivers are what allow the kernel to communicate with hardware and other protocols. They are relatively small programs themselves. BB10 has already been using Qualcomm Snapdragons and the Passport already has a capacitive keyboard, so those drivers already exists. They'd need a driver for the Edge screen, which they now have, too, and they also now have all the drivers for the Priv. And c'mon, this guy has a B.S. in electrical engineering from Brown and an M.S. in electrical engineering from Cal Tech. Granted, that does not make him a software engineer but dude ain't no dummy and he's all about software; he could probably write the drivers himself.

Even though BlackBerry does not have to, they could get the documentation and protocols for what ever hardware they need the drivers for and many drivers are generic, anyways. And if they cannot, they could just reverse engineer the darn things. And now with the Priv they could just modify the properties to work with BB10. Granted, there are many, many, drivers but still, the cost effectiveness should not matter as BlackBerry now has all the drivers necessary for the Priv.

No doubt that after the release of 'Priv' even Chen will use BB10 device.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I bet.

Highly unlikely. They would not be able to sell enough BB10 versions to justify the cost.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    The Android on BlackBerry Priv could subsidize the costs. If all else being equal but the OS, they'd already have the phones on hand.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, it's going to be hilarious.

As suggested above, just last night I wondered what it would take to have BB10 fans to build phones with bought licenses. It may be the only way BB10 stays alive.

Posted via CB10
    Talk about hardcore fandom.

I could see a reasons this could be true.

A fail safe. In case the android version does not sell as planned. So they could deliver to the BB10 faithful.
    Sure, this is a possibility.

The irony is that those who amongst the first to get onboard with BB10 are now due for upgrade if they have not already followed by another rather large segment who will be due for upgrade soon. A BB10 Slider, or any top-spec BB10 phone for that matter, would likely sell well amongst both these groups suffice they still ultimately like the OS. It wouldn't be the turnaround they are looking for but they could easily move another 1 -2 million units with a BB10 version.
    10-10-15 11:34 PM
    Another silly "rumour". BB10 is dead. Deal with it.
    JeepBB, wincyUt and cgk like this.
    10-11-15 03:17 AM
    What is Priv ?
    10-11-15 09:21 AM
    Does that guy have Vince McMahon as his avatar?
    10-11-15 10:19 AM
    Does that guy have Vince McMahon as his avatar?
    LOL yes he does. And Donald Trump, in some comments.
    10-11-15 10:24 AM
    Nokia had no problem selling landscape sliders.

A portrait slider with such a display is ridiculous, when what is really needed is screen real state in landscape mode.
    Except as possibly an add in Bluetooth case we shall probably never see another landscape slider made. You do realize that you can hold a portrait slider like you would any other slab phone. The screen extending does not create an imbalance. It will be as if your Z30 has a PKB instead of a VKB. In some cases you will just decide not to use the PKB.

If the market for a portrait slider is small relative to all touch phones, the market for a landscape slider is too small to even register.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 01:50 PM
    Except as possibly an add in Bluetooth case we shall probably never see another landscape slider made. You do realize that you can hold a portrait slider like you would any other slab phone. The screen extending does not create an imbalance. It will be as if your Z30 has a PKB instead of a VKB. In some cases you will just decide not to use the PKB.

If the market for a portrait slider is small relative to all touch phones, the market for a landscape slider is too small to even register.

Posted via CB10
    Although strangely, Androids have traditionally only did landscape sliders with flagship specs historically. There was only a handful of prepaid grade vertical sliders or candybar QWERTY.
    10-11-15 02:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    The market for landscape slider is much greater. A portrait keyboard is not really necessary with a 5" screen, while using an on-screen landscape keyboard is horrible for everybody.
    10-11-15 02:46 PM
    The whole point of a slider is that some users prefer a PKB over a VKB and yet they want a large screen on a device that is not large. As you know, BlackBerry had a certain amount of success with their portrait slider but no history of success with a Landscape slider. You hold the phone the same way whether you use the PKB or VKB.

I have read many news articles and comments about the PRIV but none have suggested that BlackBerry missed the boat by making a portrait slider.

I doubt that BlackBerry will ever make a Landscape slider but if they do then I know for sure that they have lost their collective minds.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 03:15 PM
    The portrait keyboard is not wrong, but it is addressing the traditional small PKB-fan market.

The landscape slider addresses the much larger market of people who don't care about a physical keyboard, but who find landscape input barely usable (everybody).

BlackBerry has spent most of the latest time addressing niche markets: BlackBerry Classic, BackBerry Passport, Priv.

It's no wonder sales are low when they don't keep up with the mainstream.

It should do well enough, but the big hit would be landscape.
    10-11-15 03:32 PM
    Attachment 375113

Came from the new Priv article comments section.
    would be great!!

Posted via CB10
    I could imagine them doing this, BlackBerry love's to repackage the same device and sell it as new at full price again.

If it's a thing of the Drivers being too expensive, they would have sold enough Android devices to bring the price down, meaning it will be the same price in February as the Priv will be in March.

Just my take, enterprise needs these Devices.
    10-11-15 03:38 PM
    With Chen's comments, I very much doubt it would happen. BB10 will go into update mode. No new BB10 devices unless the enterprise demand justifies it. And, how often do businesses need to upgrade devices? 2 year cycle at best?
    I Work for a middle sized business in Germany and We use BES and only BlackBerry Hardware and I talked to our Head of IT and he is in no way willing to switch to Android, so BB10 is still very needed for Companies that take Security Seriously. It's true that there are 2 year cycles but they are running individually, so we are getting new devices every month and there are still plenty of OS7 Device waiting for replacement.
    The Z10s and Q10s we got last year well also need replacement next year.

I'm sure it they drop BB10 then we will leave BlackBerry altogether including BES, so I'm not sure that they want to anger all the Company's that use the whole BlackBerry package.
    10-11-15 04:05 PM
51 123