Here:
    damien kupuku, Wmsi and cbzeduser like this.
    11-02-15 10:44 AM
    Out of all the problems exposed by @Privberry and @evleaks (thank you both BTW), the only one concerns me is the notification problem reported by @Privberry.

So if a message supported by Hub comes, if I understand this correctly, we will get both Hub notification and the Android notification. If we read the message in HUB, the Hub notification for this message would be cleared, but in Android notification center, this message will still shows as unread. We will have to click the message in the notification center to clear the unread status there.

This could be a deal break for me (got spoiled by BB10 productivity) but it's only confirmed on the version of Priv @Privberry is using. Hopefully this gets address before the release in November.

Crackberry, can you live with this little inconvenience (if it exists)?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    That would be a positive to me. I hate all the android notifications on my android tablet, and generally ignore them.
    11-02-15 11:35 AM
    I would hope that it is possible to allow the Hub application to clear the stock Android notification for any message that has been viewed.

Can someone with experience developing for Android clarify if this is possible. If I open an SMS in the Hub, it should be flagged as read in the Android Notifications area, no?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 12:00 PM

Because I'm taking that evleaks and privberry are new to Android, and just haven't learned how to setup the Priv they have access to. User error over a Blackberry dev not adding a feature.
    that's fair enough - only issue is that Blaze and the gang seem to say pretty much the same things on the Berryflow podcast and I'm assume even if they don't come and say it at least one of them has used it or has one in their hands...
    11-02-15 12:07 PM
    Is there an option in Settings > Accessibility for the HUB? Some apps need these to be checked and one of then is for the interception of notifications. Worth a shot.

For those who want to turn off notifications in android, go to Settings > Apps > Choose app. There is a check box saying 'Show Notifications' just unchecked it and you'll get zero sound, light or indication in the tray.
    11-02-15 12:32 PM
    I feel like you're missing my point. Sure, any app can control SMS notifications. But not facebook messages, twitter dm replies, whatsapp messages, etc. The notifications for those apps do not appear in those options.They aren't a systemwide message type, like SMS and MMS is. They are linked to the apps themselves. It's only SMS messages that are treated the way you're showing in android. For instance, look at the app security settings of Facebook. Nowhere does it say 'read your Facebook messages'. It's not an option, and therefore not able to be acted upon in any special way above a normal notification.
    Twitter in the vid posted above. Relax

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-02-15 01:48 PM
    only on the simulated phone screen... when it goes to the real live shot, it's just email / sms... plus we're seeing all these in a potential hub, AFTER the main notification has landed. We just can't be certain until we have twitter installed, and hub installed, and a message comes through in real time. Of course maybe once you receive a message or a DM, you swipe the notification shade away, and it's still in the Hub. The video proves nothing to me. Again, the issue people have isn't with wether it appears in the hub, but rather how the native app has to receive the message first before the hub can act upon this. This will require a notification, and there's still no evidence to suggest otherwise.
    11-02-15 01:53 PM
    It absolutely clears the notification from the drop down menu.
    Thanks for the confirmation. If BlackBerry doesn't get it right in the version Privberry was testing, at least there is a short solution for SMS that they may fix it later.

Mecca EL likes this.
    11-02-15 02:20 PM
    I dont know why BB10 users expect the Android Priv to be so good as BB10 devices in terms of OS, I have both OS and yes BB10 is far better, the Priv is not for BB10 users who love the OS, It is for Android users who love PKB, a niche market btw, but the target is not the actual BB users, BB can try the hardest to emulate BB10 flow and functionality in Android, but for what I have seen, this is an impossible or at least very resource consuming task for the company. If you buy the Priv just expect an Android phone with a PKB and some apps from BB trying to emulate some of the features of BB10 OS. I wont buy it, because I have an Android phone already and dont miss the PKB, but bashing BB for this is just ridiculous.
    11-02-15 02:20 PM
    It becomes difficult to respect those who are holding up disinformation as fact. Some would argue they disrespected first.

My 2 cents.
    The information you consider as disinformation, is not disinformation for me. It's rumor as I titled. And I believe it's more likely to be true based on how Privberry answered those questions.

You may not like to hear that rumor but it doesn't make it less true.

11-02-15 02:30 PM
    I dont know why BB10 users expect the Android Priv to be so good as BB10 devices in terms of OS, I have both OS and yes BB10 is far better, the Priv is not for BB10 users who love the OS, It is for Android users who love PKB, a niche market btw, but the target is not the actual BB users, BB can try the hardest to emulate BB10 flow and functionality in Android, but for what I have seen, this is an impossible or at least very resource consuming task for the company. If you buy the Priv just expect an Android phone with a PKB and some apps from BB trying to emulate some of the features of BB10 OS. I wont buy it, because I have an Android phone already and dont miss the PKB, but bashing BB for this is just ridiculous.
    I don't think we are talking about which one is better between BB10 and Android Priv, nor we are bashing BlackBerry for this. We are only talking about a reported notification problem in a version of Priv in Privberry 's hand.

The problem came as a surprise for me and quite a few people and at the same time, some other people don't think we need to worry about it because it will either be fixed in the release version, or there will be workarounds we don't currently know, or the problem doesn't even exist because it's merely a rumor.

And there are people think this shouldn't even be talked about because it's unconfirmed and negatively misleading.

I respect all these opinions, and understand that people are different, but I won't necessarily agree with some of these opinions.

11-02-15 02:46 PM
    My post has nothing to do with you aha
    11-02-15 03:01 PM
    only on the simulated phone screen... when it goes to the real live shot, it's just email / sms... plus we're seeing all these in a potential hub, AFTER the main notification has landed. We just can't be certain until we have twitter installed, and hub installed, and a message comes through in real time. Of course maybe once you receive a message or a DM, you swipe the notification shade away, and it's still in the Hub. The video proves nothing to me. Again, the issue people have isn't with wether it appears in the hub, but rather how the native app has to receive the message first before the hub can act upon this. This will require a notification, and there's still no evidence to suggest otherwise.
    if you watch the video, when the women is scrolling through the hub, there is a twitter icon
    11-02-15 03:11 PM
    I have a solution. Wait. Simple as that.
    Wait for the Priv to be released and on sale , then go to YouTube and I'm very certain someone will be happy to test the Hub out and verify if indeed it can work or not as mentioned by OP.
    aha likes this.
    11-02-15 03:29 PM
    The information you consider as disinformation, is not disinformation for me. It's rumor as I titled. And I believe it's more likely to be true based on how Privberry answered those questions.

You may not like to hear that rumor but it doesn't make it less true.

If the issue is still there when you all get your shiny new Priv's then Privberry has prepared you for it well. If you were unaware you'd all be angry and upset when you discovered the issue and knowing how you all are here (lol) you'd be venting big time!
    Maybe that's what he set out to do. He was very good at describing all the pluses of the device whilst explaining the issue. Very fair I thought.
    If everything is sorted before the boxes are opened then it's all good!!!

I
    11-02-15 03:32 PM
    Nope. Pause at 1:31

Twitter is there when she has the Priv in hand.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 04:00 PM
    I will probably buy the PRIV anyway given the price comes down a couple hundred dollars in the next six months. I need some android apps that don't run well on my Z10. I wish the android runtime was better for bb10. I would definitely stay with bb10.

Posted via CB10
    idk about that a q5 on bb store goes for 250 thats a lot o ramen noodles
    11-02-15 06:21 PM
    For those that never used the Hub or not into the Hub, this is not a big deal.

11-02-15 06:41 PM
    For those that never used the Hub or not into the Hub, this is not a big deal.

More than that, it may actually be a very effective notification centre - just not exactly what some people were expecting or hoping for.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-02-15 06:44 PM
    Just goes to show that android several years development cant even do BB0S level tasking ffs let alone BB10. These guys are shocking all that money and size of devs teams.Cant even fix notifications ffs. Android is like between windows & ios. 50% of this OS is just built to app launch one thing at a time. Quick access and effective use was never on the agenda.Really just rushed this OS to match IOS another app launcher.

Tough times for BB. Limited to even bring good **** to the OS because dont own the OS.The screens are 5+ inches but these UX teams put tap icons right at the top when they know people hold phones from the bottom.Clearly moving icons lower make far more sense.Come one **** no brainer ahh man.Sad times for BB.People not see how poor the hub is in these vids?? The UX is terrible everything is high screen tap.Compared to now where most buttons are right near the keyboards.

Now we see why there's jailbreakers and whatnot their creating apps to fix all the mess and stupidity. Sad times for BB.Only thing I have seen good is the side edge tab which im dreaming lets you pull out the hub and whatnot.Hopefully pulling that tab gives you a hub peek feel.The widget swipe down is good addition although I had that gesture do another thing in my bb10 feature request thread.But hey.

Guess we'll wait and see.No way im buying this device straight up if not ever.Its just way too sloppy from BB. Just cant trust them anymore.No trust.
    11-02-15 07:47 PM
    It's launch day, can anyone tell us if this is still an issue or if it was fixed with an update???

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 07:29 AM
146 ... 456