The OS is new. Look what a mess BB10 was when it first came out.

What impresses me the most is how finish the OS looks. Yes it has to be tweaked.

There are going to be more bugs. Just look at the leaked BB10's. Bugs and fixes!

If this is what stops you from jumping the fence, you should never load a leaked OS.

No worries here.

PIN 2COF829A
    11-02-15 08:56 AM
    The OS is new.
    You've lost me - there is nothing new about the OS - it's pretty stock with a few OEM tweaks - which is the standard Android experience outside of nexus.
    11-02-15 09:12 AM
    Android already sometimes give SMS notification twice, when google hangouts and the android sms app work in parallel. So we might even get 3 notification per messages :-P
    11-02-15 09:15 AM
    Android already sometimes give SMS notification twice, when google hangouts and the android sms app work in parallel. So we might even get 3 notification per messages :-P
    Heh - I have set my lock screen to set text notifications as 'sensitive' - so it pops up 'sensitive text message' as a notification rather than shows you the text messages... and then textra shows it above.

As an aside, did anyone listen to the Berryflow podcast this week - they seems to suggesting that everything discussed here is true and that as Blaze says on there "Blackberry has no control over their hooks".
    11-02-15 09:18 AM
    Place holder...
    I'm laughing so hard at this thread, but when I'm done, I'll give a VERY short explanation on how Hub will clear notifications system wide.

I swear, I feel like I'm trapped in a bootloop of the Z10 release, where folks didn't bother to do 5 minutes of research, preferring to come here to sow the fruitless seeds of numbskullery. When are we going to learn to say to ourselves "I don't know how this works, and it's ok!"? And then do some research...
    Or even pay attention to the social, banking, or coffee app they just installed from Play store, or via Snap, and just take a moment to read the Application Permissions? Because right there in the Application Permissions, you'll find the very answer to this threads question.
    But then there's the obstacle of uninformed bullies, who lose sleep attempting to convince others that there's something to be alarmed over. Sad really, because there's no way I'd ever take the word of those who contribute nonsense.

But give me a sec, and I'll post some screen shots...
    11-02-15 09:23 AM
    The phone will come out and this won't even be an issue. Relax.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Mecca EL and Steve Rizla like this.
    11-02-15 09:24 AM
    You've lost me - there is nothing new about the OS - it's pretty stock with a few OEM tweaks - which is the standard Android experience outside of nexus.
    Been over 40 years but you or "I" have not idea what it takes. I'm just "opinionating" (Mr4aces Definition: opinion based on past experience).

PIN 2COF829A
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 11-02-15 at 09:41 AM.
    11-02-15 09:30 AM
    Place holder...
    I'm laughing so hard at this thread, but when I'm done, I'll give a VERY short explanation on how Hub will clear notifications system wide.

I swear, I feel like I'm trapped in a bootloop of the Z10 release, where folks didn't bother to do 5 minutes of research, preferring to come here to sow the fruitless seeds of numbskullery. When are we going to learn to say to ourselves "I don't know how this works, and it's ok!"? And then do some research...
    Or even pay attention to the social, banking, or coffee app they just installed from Play store, or via Snap, and just take a moment to read the Application Permissions? Because right there in the Application Permissions, you'll find the very answer to this threads question.
    But then there's the obstacle of uninformed bullies, who lose sleep attempting to convince others that there's something to be alarmed over. Sad really, because there's no way I'd ever take the word of those who contribute nonsense.

But give me a sec, and I'll post some screen shots...
    You could have given a short explanation in this post already, instead of laughing at people who may or may not know less in the field.

But I will wait for your input.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-02-15 09:33 AM
    You could have given a short explanation in this post already, instead of laughing at people who may or may not know less in the field.

But I will wait for your input.

But I did MY way.
    Superfly_FR and Carjackd like this.
    11-02-15 09:35 AM
    I keep refreshing and no screen shots appear... ug

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 09:38 AM
    Here's an SMS app I use, third party. Within the App Permissions, you'll see what system features are being accessed. So in HUBs case, deleting any messages there will affect message deletion system wide.
    Attached Thumbnails Rumored problem: Android notifications can't be cleared by Hub-1446478624863.jpg   Rumored problem: Android notifications can't be cleared by Hub-1446478634096.jpg  
    sidhuk, Superfly_FR, ce71 and 1 others like this.
    11-02-15 09:39 AM
    And in case there are those who will comment that they want granular control over apps... No third party apps were used in this demonstration
    Attached Thumbnails Rumored problem: Android notifications can't be cleared by Hub-1446478851562.jpg   Rumored problem: Android notifications can't be cleared by Hub-1446478859813.jpg  
    sidhuk, Superfly_FR, ce71 and 2 others like this.
    11-02-15 09:42 AM
    Done

pin 2cof829a
    11-02-15 09:45 AM
    But I did MY way.
    I did MY way too... without disrespecting anyone.

11-02-15 09:50 AM
    Can't see the attach thumbnails
    11-02-15 09:52 AM
    I guess I will have to wait until I get the phone and have some nerd set it up for me (i.e. the Hub). Privberry is obviously in the same boat.
    11-02-15 09:52 AM
    sorry but your posts only show SMS... the issue here is about all the various messaging platforms and BB Hub having control over those.
    anon4226395 likes this.
    11-02-15 09:55 AM

I don't think he's disrespecting , the truth is...how many times have you read in these forums to Read, to research. People are generally lazy and want things now. They want things handed on a silver platter. How do you learn anything if people just do it for you? Read, research and learn.

I myself find it funny that people are generally lazy. I don't know how many times I've answered the exact same questions in this forum. If the OP in a lot of those threads simply did a Google search or a CB search the answer is out there

Canadian  вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    Mecca EL and Superfly_FR like this.
    11-02-15 09:58 AM
    Can't see the attach thumbnails
    Edit your settings in CB

Canadian  вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-02-15 09:58 AM
    And in case there are those who will comment that they want granular control over apps... No third party apps were used in this demonstration
    Thanks for sharing. So Android already allows a 3rd party app to process SMS messages.

When you read SMS messages in EvolveSMS, does it clear the notification in notification center?

11-02-15 10:00 AM
    sorry but your posts only show SMS... the issue here is about all the various messaging platforms and BB Hub having control over those.
    My post shows a messaging app, and how this messaging app affects system wide notifications. Are you under the impression that the devs at Blackberry are somehow stupid, and would eliminate the ability for HUB to do the same thing?

Because I'm taking that evleaks and privberry are new to Android, and just haven't learned how to setup the Priv they have access to. User error over a Blackberry dev not adding a feature.
    anon4226395, Superfly_FR and ce71 like this.
    11-02-15 10:07 AM
    Thanks for sharing. So Android already allows a 3rd party app to process SMS messages.

When you read SMS messages in EvolveSMS, does it clear the notification in notification center?

It absolutely clears the notification from the drop down menu.
    Superfly_FR and ce71 like this.
    11-02-15 10:08 AM

It becomes difficult to respect those who are holding up disinformation as fact. Some would argue they disrespected first.

My 2 cents.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-02-15 10:20 AM
    FWIW, new ATT advert shows emails, sms, phone log and BBM in the Hub. If these don't duplicate, I'm happy with those.
    11-02-15 10:27 AM
    My post shows a messaging app, and how this messaging app affects system wide notifications. Are you under the impression that the devs at Blackberry are somehow stupid, and would eliminate the ability for HUB to do the same thing?
    I feel like you're missing my point. Sure, any app can control SMS notifications. But not facebook messages, twitter dm replies, whatsapp messages, etc. The notifications for those apps do not appear in those options.They aren't a systemwide message type, like SMS and MMS is. They are linked to the apps themselves. It's only SMS messages that are treated the way you're showing in android. For instance, look at the app security settings of Facebook. Nowhere does it say 'read your Facebook messages'. It's not an option, and therefore not able to be acted upon in any special way above a normal notification.
    11-02-15 10:42 AM
146 ... 3456