If find this double notification rather interesting, I currently use a Pebble time with my Note4 and whenever I receive a notification on my phone, my pebble and pushbullet(software used to sync all your notifications)... Which ever of those 3 I choose to clear the said notification, the other 2 clears in about 1 or 2 seconds automatically.

So I can't really say if the Hub does it or not but there's surely a possibility for this to work.
    11-01-15 01:39 PM
    CrackBerrry is handing the stick to reviewers to beat the Priv with

Posted via CB10
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    11-01-15 01:39 PM
    Wow, a lot of fuss considering the device hasn't even shipped yet and the versions of the software being played with are likely to receive updates at launch. Remember, BlackBerry put all of this stiff in the play store so you don't need to wait for OS updates for them to fix bugs and add features to the hub and other stock apps.

This sounds like a bug, I have used other apps that are able to clear notifications as post android 5.0 developers have been able to access the notifications directly within apps. Obviously, if you click the notification within the hub, it will open the message in the messages app and the notification will be cleared, the hub shouldn't stop that.

I honestly don't think there will be a problem, as we all know, BlackBerry are good at UX, they won't have intentionally made anything that sucks and if it doesn't work properly, they will fix it.

Posted via CB10
    chrispmoto, sidhuk and Mr4aces like this.
    11-01-15 01:44 PM
    I cannot see how they would be a patch given this is how Android notifications are suppose to work? (at least as much as I can understand from reading the compliance documents). If You turn off notifications at the system level you turn them off - the out with this is that you can turn notifications back on in individual apps but apps cannot control notifications for other apps because they don't directly talk to each other they go via the OS itself.

(hopefully some of that made sense).

I still think quite a few of you want something that BBRY cannot give you unless they did a fork of Android and baked the hub into the OS and thus had that control the notifications in the same way as it does on BB10.

The Priv is going to one of the best if not the best android productivity devices available.. but it's not a BB!0 device, it's not intended to be a BB10 device and it cannot be a BB10 device because BBRY don't have that control over the OS or its development.
    But if you read the message in the originating app, the message center notification is cleared. Presumably by a message from a process to message center. You don't need to read it in the message center, right? (because THAT would be stupid) .
    BlackBerry needs to send that message on behalf of the app to message center to clear the notification.
    It might be tricky, but certainly can be done.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 01:44 PM
    well :/

i send ticket to cancel BB priv
    Good idea. Pre-ordering a brand new phone without seeing it is not for everyone.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 01:46 PM
    If this is true...be prepared to be even more annoyed with android notification pull down menu than you would be normally.... and it's fairly bad in an of itself lol

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 01:46 PM
    If find this double notification rather interesting, I currently use a Pebble time with my Note4 and whenever I receive a notification on my phone, my pebble and pushbullet(software used to sync all your notifications)... Which ever of those 3 I choose to clear the said notification, the other 2 clears in about 1 or 2 seconds automatically.

So I can't really say if the Hub does it or not but there's surely a possibility for this to work.
    Now I'm not an Android user (yet) but it would seem then that this means that third party apps have the ability to mark notifications as read in the Android notification centre. Surely BlackBerry will be able to include this ability in an update to the Hub app.

And since the app is in Google Play, updates can potentially come quickly and frequently.

I'm still getting the Priv. I'm reasonably confident that this issue can be fixed.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 01:47 PM
    This hub/app dissociation will be fertile ground for negatively inclined reviewers.
    yes but only from reviewers coming from BB10 . Someone who has never used a BB10 won't care
    11-01-15 01:51 PM
    well :/

i send ticket to cancel BB priv
    With this unconfirmed rumor? The hell!?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 01:54 PM
    You can turn off notifications from system, make the hub have notification access, turn off app notifications in system and aggregate the notifications there. Clearing a notification in hub will clear it in the system.

There are apps that do that already like Flotify

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    cgk likes this.
    11-01-15 01:56 PM
    All this crying over things that aren't confirmed and before the phone is even out. You guys are the real damn problem. Spreading trash like this doesn't help the matter.

 Posted via CB10 - Passport - 10.3.2.2639 
    When in comes out and it does have this issue will you be ok with people complaining about it?
    11-01-15 02:03 PM
    yes but only from reviewers coming from BB10 . Someone who has never used a BB10 won't care
    Yes this is an excellent point - compared to what is on Android, a lot of people will love hub even in its current form.
    11-01-15 02:04 PM
    Good idea. Pre-ordering a brand new phone without seeing it is not for everyone.

Posted via CB10
    i use bb10 more times and i love this SO, but hub in blackberry priv with this info.. sucks
    11-01-15 02:13 PM
    With this unconfirmed rumor? The hell!?

Posted via CB10
    well, i always think bb hub in priv work same at bb10, if in the future reviews says rumor its false i will buy

but.. i don't pay 800� with that problem
    11-01-15 02:16 PM
    i use bb10 more times and i love this SO, but hub in blackberry priv with this info.. sucks
    Come back in a week. You can always re-order
    11-01-15 02:17 PM
    Dimissing notifications sucks on the Samsung S6 Edge. (They keep coming back!) So I'm gonna guess this is partly Android crappyiness. But maybe the Hub compounds it?
    11-01-15 02:19 PM
    It suddenly occurs to me - are we all being a bit thick?

Let's say as claimed by many - one of the revenue streams is for them to sell a BBRY Experience suite - then isn't the actual aim to write an app suite that will work on any android device - thus itself places limits on what the hub will do because it has to work on non-BBRY android devices without problems (that or have the complexity of maintaining two versions).
    Come back in a week. You can always re-order
    yes, the problem is.. i live in spain, i pre-order bb priv in blackberry shop and i send me in forward2me i can't return if priv have this problem
    But if you read the message in the originating app, the message center notification is cleared. Presumably by a message from a process to message center. You don't need to read it in the message center, right? (because THAT would be stupid) .
    BlackBerry needs to send that message on behalf of the app to message center to clear the notification.
    It might be tricky, but certainly can be done.

Posted via CB10
    It depends on whether Android allows an app do something like that on behalf on another app.

The original app is probably registered to communicate with message center when it was installed. Now when Hub is installed or configured, Android message center will have to allow Hub to communicate with itself on an notification object that was associated with the original app... Not saying this can't be done but if it requires notification center to be changed (if this was not a design requirement for the notification center before, it's hard to imagine the Android dev team would have baked this in the structure already) , it will take maybe Android M or even N to enable this.

So lots of guys were right, Priv users may have to live with this for a long time and accept this IS the reality.

But the point of this thread is to point out a potentially fundamental flaw so people knows what they are buying into.

If you guys believe this is negative, you haven't seen the negative stuff people posted from unsatisfying CB readers who have paid top dollars for a phone that should work as they imagined.

And if we can't talk about rumors on CB, then why CB open this sub forum months before the phone is available for ordering?

I think the guys who complain about the negativity of this thread are among the biggest contributors of the negative sentiments flourished in CB forums, and partially contribute to the downfalls of BlackBerry.

When you call a stranger a hater, you may just become one yourself.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-01-15 02:35 PM
    It depends on whether Android allows an app do something like that on behalf on another app.

The original app is probably registered to communicate with message center when it was installed. Now when Hub is installed or configured, Android message center will have to allow Hub to communicate with itself on an notification object that was associated with the original app... Not saying this can't be done but if it requires notification center to be changed (if this was not a design requirement for the notification center before, it's hard to imagine the Android dev team would have baked this in the structure already) , it will take maybe Android M or even N to enable this.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    You might be able to work it out from this:

http://static.googleusercontent.com/...ndroid-cdd.pdf
    11-01-15 02:43 PM
    I cannot see how they would be a patch given this is how Android notifications are suppose to work? (at least as much as I can understand from reading the compliance documents). If You turn off notifications at the system level you turn them off - the out with this is that you can turn notifications back on in individual apps but apps cannot control notifications for other apps because they don't directly talk to each other they go via the OS itself.

(hopefully some of that made sense).

I still think quite a few of you want something that BBRY cannot give you unless they did a fork of Android and baked the hub into the OS and thus had that control the notifications in the same way as it does on BB10.

The Priv is going to one of the best if not the best android productivity devices available.. but it's not a BB!0 device, it's not intended to be a BB10 device and it cannot be a BB10 device because BBRY don't have that control over the OS or its development.
    I turned off notifications (sound, led, vibrate) on my Note Edge and allowed the Lightflow app to control all the notifications and it works flawlessly so why couldn't the hub notifications work like Lightflow?

11-01-15 02:44 PM
    I turned off notifications (sound, led, vibrate) on my Note Edge and allowed the Lightflow app to control all the notifications and it works flawlessly so why couldn't the hub notifications work like Lightflow?

if I understand what that app does correctly - it's a notifications replacement so replaces the stock notifications? As discussed above - so they could do that but if I understand what I've been reading they would need Hub + Notification replacement.

To be honest, there is something we don't know - the compliance documents for android are only half the picture, we don't know if when they went for GAPPS (a separate process) they were forced to alter how Hub works by Google (google in the past has forced OEMs to change how apps work and collect information because they perceive a competitive thread).

The other option - it's all updated over the air on switch on and nothing in this thread is true!
    buwee and buwee like this.
    11-01-15 02:51 PM
    Don't you have to sign in to each account you want shown in the Hub? Maybe incoming notification is in direct link to the Hub, and not necessarily to an installed app?

I know that BB10 if you add Facebook in the Hub it's synced to the app, and so on, will it be similar in Priv? If so, then notifications responded to in Hub should sync with app, and Android notification center?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 02:51 PM
    Just to clarify and remember that the phone is not out yet and the software may be tweaked before launch (the Hub last updated on October 26).

You receive SMS.
    The Hub and Messenger app on your home screen both display a spark on the icon.
    You also get an SMS notification in your Android tray and a pop up if you have that enabled.

Scenario 1.
    You open messenger app and read the message.
    Spark disappears from Messenger.
    Notification disappears from Android tray.
    Spark remains on Hub icon, but if you open Hub the message is shown as read.

Scenario 2.
    You delete the notification from Android tray.
    Spark disappears from Messenger icon.
    Spark remains on Hub.

Scenario 3.
    You open Hub and see the message but do not click on it.
    Spark disappears from Hub.
    Spark remains on Messenger.

The bigger problem is that some apps do not integrate into the Hub so when you hear a message tone you have to check two notification trays, Hub and Android.

Also you can delete SMS messages in Hub and the also disappear from Messenger but oddly you can not compose an SMS in Hub or reply directly to one.
    cgk, ubizmo and aha like this.
    11-01-15 03:05 PM
    Or don't use hub yet
    11-01-15 03:13 PM
146 12345 ...