humm, I curious to know what price it will be in Euros.
    I already spend a lot of money in my Z10 and Passport, but not sure to want to put more than 600 euros on the table to replace phones that are still VERY usefull (Hard to leave my Z10)
    09-09-15 06:51 AM
    No one cares

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Lmfao

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 07:24 AM
    No one cares

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    That was rude and not necessary.
    Simmer down now!

Plazmic Flame likes this.
    09-09-15 07:41 AM
    I'm retty sure the Passport started at $599, with a $50 discount for certain areas in the opening weeks. Also reasonably certain (but willing to be corrected) that the Classic started out around $449. Thus,

is likely overpricing it, since I see this phone as falling somewhere between the Passport and the Classic even after considering "improved specs" and all.

At the high end, I'd guess it will start there. I wouldn't be shocked to see $499 for the starting price. Wherever the price point gets set, it has to fall in that sweet spot area where people see it and say, "I'm willing to pay that much" and BB can make decent money on it. Overprice it, and this will sit on the shelves by the bunches. BB needs a solid double here, this is not the phone to go swinging for the fences.

I'm still not sure I'm going to pick a Slider up (unless we're talking White Castle sliders - that's absolutely happening this weekend), I want to see this live and get reviews on it - but assuming the news is good, at $500 I'd grab one and wouldn't think twice. At $600+? I look at my Z10 and say, "I can wait some more."
    I understand your logic but the Venice specs are excellent and the overall package compared to the Samsung edge or the passport is far superior. Given that the S6 edge goes for close to 900 USD, I think 699 USD is a decent starting price, maybe 650. Like I said, throw in a discount if you buy it online and bobs your uncle. You would have strong price separation and that would create an impedance to buy. 499 USD is way too low and not realistic. The margins are not there, end of story.
    ayngling likes this.
    09-09-15 07:49 AM
    $750? Well, so much for getting this phone.
    lift likes this.
    09-09-15 08:19 AM
    I understand your logic but the Venice specs are excellent and the overall package compared to the Samsung edge or the passport is far superior. Given that the S6 edge goes for close to 900 USD, I think 699 USD is a decent starting price, maybe 650. Like I said, throw in a discount if you buy it online and bobs your uncle. You would have strong price separation and that would create an impedance to buy.
    I might not buy all of that, but I won't argue with any of it. However, I will argue on this one:
    499 USD is way too low and not realistic. The margins are not there, end of story.
    We have no idea what the margins are at this point. The goal here is to attract non-BB users; those users are not going to come calling for a $700 phone if they're unsure of BB (and we both can point to *numerous* examples of people who have no idea that Blackberry still exists) and that leaves the very real potential of the phone incurring a ton of red ink. At least with Samsung, they know there's an established product line and there's reason to pay a little more - and, Samsung is diversified enough into other products that it can afford to take a small hit in one area without it really hitting the bottom line.
    09-09-15 09:45 AM
    I might not buy all of that, but I won't argue with any of it. However, I will argue on this one:

We have no idea what the margins are at this point. The goal here is to attract non-BB users; those users are not going to come calling for a $700 phone if they're unsure of BB (and we both can point to *numerous* examples of people who have no idea that Blackberry still exists) and that leaves the very real potential of the phone incurring a ton of red ink. At least with Samsung, they know there's an established product line and there's reason to pay a little more - and, Samsung is diversified enough into other products that it can afford to take a small hit in one area without it really hitting the bottom line.
    Yup... I've made this point before. This is going to be a very tough device to make money on unless they can keep it going for a very long time.

Not only do you have the substantial R&D into the Android OS implementation, substantial R&D into a new hardware design and manufacturing configuration,.. but it also represents a 'unknown' or 'risky' commitment to a potential buyer. Both for current Android users AND current BlackBerry users! Basically everyone is expecting a 'free beta/sample'...

Posted via CB10
    lift and ayngling like this.
    09-09-15 10:06 AM
    Let me guess you must be a guy lol

I wouldn't pay $1000 for a Prada or Coach Bag but, would have zero problems paying $1000.00 for a decent BB smartphone.

Correction: I wouldn't even pay $50 for a Prada or a Coach bag. LOL

To BB or not to BBBBBB...?
    09-09-15 12:53 PM
    $750? Well, so much for getting this phone.
    if it was dual boot i might consider it but its a lot of money for something we know nothing about
    09-09-15 05:14 PM
    if it was dual boot i might consider it but its a lot of money for something we know nothing about
    Uhm, when it launches you will know everything about it...is 750 fine then?

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 05:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    now that i think about it not really, its like every device they put out has a problem from screen lifting to bad batteries and double typing keyboards can they put out a device without any hardware problems
    09-09-15 06:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not even close. With the competition that will be out by the time this device materializes this won't even be in the running at that price.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    09-09-15 06:15 PM
    If this is true and the slider doesn't come with the best specs a phone can have this year (or bundled with value added software, not bloatware though), BlackBerry once again priced themselves out of the market.

It's a skill they brought to perfection over the years, and very probably shouldn't surprise anyone, anymore.
    09-09-15 07:45 PM
    oh well? samsung edge Iphone 6 are expensive too. Venice will be in the same group .so no money no honey! end of the story.
    Actually, it's just one part of the story.
    But if you seriously believe that a not too small amount of people are willing to pay the same price for a BlackBerry, even though they can get an IPhone or a Samsung for the same amount of money, you are kidding yourself.
    09-09-15 07:48 PM
    I think it would be hard to push this device at the 750 price point if it wasn't running android.

I think this slider is a good way for blackberry to reinvent itself. High end specs, possibly the most secure android device out there, and of course the physical keyboard.

This is no bargain basement phone. It's a high end device, up there with the iPhone, note 5, Sony Xperia Z5,etc.

I'll admit though.. Blackberry better hurry up and announce their phone soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    ayngling likes this.
    09-10-15 12:55 AM
    I can afford to pay. Ready to buy. I'd be quite surprised if they announced it at the end of September when there are new nexus and htc devices to be announced as well.
    09-10-15 03:30 AM
    That was rude and not necessary.
    Well you have to consider we hear the same thing about every device,and yet somehow they sell.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 07:24 AM
    Not even close. With the competition that will be out by the time this device materializes this won't even be in the running at that price.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    How can you tell that?
    We don't even know the real specs etc...one says 16mp, one says 18, one says less than 3000mah, one says more etc...

Just wait and see.
    I won't buy it. Love my passport to much

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 07:41 AM
    if bb even thinks about selling this phone for 750 all rumors aside this thing better have a darn good processor, one hell of camera, 4gb of ram, 64gb of memory, hardware that doesn't fall apart a month after purchase, a micro sd slot, a good battery i can go on but you get the point
    lift likes this.
    09-10-15 08:58 AM
    If you break apart the components of these high end device, they tend price out at about 250 dollars. Now you have to build and package it; next you have to consider transportation, distribution, support and advertising. These are not trivial costs , so your going to be pushing 350-400 dollars, minimally. So $499 is shaving it close, particularly when blackberry has already paid for the developmental costs. I would certainly like it to be cheaper but you need a healthy margin to keep the product going.

Again, the key is price separation. Consider, the iPhone. Once you have to buy all the necessary elements, your pushing 800 dollars just on the 16 gB cheapy. If you want something decent, now it is 900 dollars. 650 dollars for a blackberry with way better specs starts to look pretty good. throw in a few discounts from time to time and people will certainly start to consider it.
    09-10-15 10:29 AM
    I've never been one to drop $700 on a phone. I can think of a dozen things I'd want more for that amount of money.

Posted from my Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339 via CB10
    lift likes this.
    09-10-15 10:34 AM
    09-10-15 10:37 AM
    I won't dispute what your saying, but you have to consider BlackBerry isn't selling or making devices in bulk. That being said I wouldn't pass $699.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 12:20 PM
    This is a realistic price for a high end device. Not everyone will be buying this off contract. I know I will but I'm sure people waiting to upgrade or renew their contract might consider the Venice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    I'm sure having it sold in retail stores and potentially talked more about by sales rep is more valuable than a little higher price point than some expected
    09-10-15 12:21 PM
    I'm sure having it sold in retail stores and potentially talked more about by sales rep is more valuable than a little higher price point than some expected
    If the rumors are true that it will launch on all 4 major U.S. carriers then they will have many tools at their disposal (contracts, upgrade programs, etc.) to help people get the phone.

The question is will the carriers do their part to help market and promote the phone to their customers, or will they continue to display the iPhone front and center and tuck the BlackBerry in the corner to collect dust.

Posted from my Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339 via CB10
    09-10-15 12:41 PM
77 1234