its not an 810, its the 808 even.

Chen himself has said he needs 5 million this coming year
    I believe he said "5 million phones", not "5 million Privs"?!
    10-12-15 07:03 PM
    I believe he said "5 million phones", not "5 million Privs"?!
    yes its 5 million total but bb10 is going down every quarter and selling at smaller margins so really he needs atleast 5 million privs IMO
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-12-15 07:11 PM
    I don't really care what version of Android the Priv ships with, i just want it to be loaded with BB10 OS
    Friend, you are SOL then. The Priv is the test product for the Google worst case scenario: an OS developed by its biggest phone manufacturer and the mobile OS security king. This plays to the desires of both Samsung and BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 07:43 PM
    But I think he totally missed that the PRIV is a generation behind the 5x and two generations behind the 6P.... when it comes to hardware. And it's a generation behind on the software front too.... so again of what benefit is it to Google to want to showcase Android Lollipop running on hardware that has been on the market for months now?

Google don't care! As long as BlackBerry follows the set rule... they are fine adding Android vendor number 3,681 to their list.
    What? the 5X has the same processor as the priv, has less ram, lower Res screen, smaller screen, no sd-slot, no curved screen and most certainly smaller battery (only has 2700mAh.... Can you explain me how inferior the priv is?

Almost the same think with the 6p. the 6p has a sd810 wich doesn't seem to do much over the 808. In fact, the 810 is older than the 808.

The new super high end LG V10 is coming out with the 808, and everybody seems very excited about it. it's going to be expensive.
    10-12-15 09:29 PM
    the 810 v2 is still quite a step up over the 808. its a complete different chip really supporting faster RAM, better graphics driver and more cores. But the 808 makes sense for when the device was developed. There is nothing wrong with this choice IMO.

the 5x is using the same chipset and less ram but also costs like half as much lol
    10-12-15 10:21 PM
    the 810 v2 is still quite a step up over the 808. its a complete different chip really supporting faster RAM, better graphics driver and more cores. But the 808 makes sense for when the device was developed. There is nothing wrong with this choice IMO.

the 5x is using the same chipset and less ram but also costs like half as much lol
    Is the 810v2 better than the 810v1 in terms of heat and throttling?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 12:03 AM
    if its not marketed well it wont sell. Besides the ones that follow tech no one knows blackberry still exists or has an android phone coming out
    10-13-15 05:00 AM
    Unlike HTC and other android phone manufacturers, BlackBerry actually has something Google wants and needs: security. That means leverage.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 06:59 AM
    Unlike HTC and other android phone manufacturers, BlackBerry actually has something Google wants and needs: security. That means leverage.

Posted via CB10
    Google hires the best from all around the world. If you do not think they cannot lock down Android themselves then you are fooling yourself. The real reason is that they do not want to because doing so would interfere not only with their own data collection but also the collections of app developers. I mean, Google became a mega giant company by giving away all of their products for free and the majority of developers choose to offer their apps for free through Play. Think about that.

The good news for all is that likely most mobile users either want GApps/services or totally depend upon them. What makes that good news is that Google no longer needs to force any particular vendor to adopt GApps/services nor to require any one of them to place these apps upfront and center. Android itself has its own email app, calendar, phone dialer, and so on yet many, perhaps nearly all, choose to use the pre-installed Google bloat.
    10-13-15 08:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    no issues at all that i know of
    10-13-15 09:02 AM
    Pepsi is rumored to be making an Android phone.......

Chen will be lucky to sell 5 million of the Priv
    10-13-15 10:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    There are actually 3 versions. 1.0, 2.0 and 2.1
    The 2.1 is the one without the overheating issue.
    The 1.0 was a sample that was never mass produced.
    10-13-15 11:05 AM
    808 performs better then 810v1 in real world use and doesn't throttle during gaming.

The 810v2, at least in the M9, solves most of that and performs admirably.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    10-13-15 11:51 AM
    Thanks for the info guys. Too bad we're not getting the updated 810, but even with the fixes, maybe the 808 is just the safer choice (tried and tested, still a good, near top end processor).

Posted via CB10
    howarmat likes this.
    10-13-15 01:13 PM
    Not if Google is trying to get a better foothold in enterprise...

Posted via CB10
    The upcoming BlackBerry Priv to me from a business point of view is just another strategic alliance to boost #'s. It's merely business. It's been proven with all these big companies out there that want to increase their sales number is to create strategic alliances and this is no different especially in a nich market like wireless handsets and os's. I'm sure BlackBerry did their research and finally made the decision to partner up with Google. The Priv will do well. But with the general mood with all of the information out there although nothing said yet it may look like BlackBerry will eventually axe or phase out bbos 10. I sincerely hope that BlackBerry does not do this. I've used all os's and devices over the past years having used mobile services since I was about 14 yrs old and BlackBerry os10 really works for me. I really dislike non keyboarded devices. I hope they will continue on the path to 10.3.3 and not kill it and would be nice as well to see a bbos10 slider.

 вιaсĸвεггч� Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.2.2639 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB 
    10-14-15 09:24 AM
    "Then again that would be a good excuse to delay the PRIV.... "we have found that android lollipop doesn't meet our high standards of security and will be delaying out launch till the 1st quarter of 2016 in order to use Android "M"s more secure design features."

Basically saying every existing Android device is fatally flawed, and calling into question the ability of their main partner (Google) to write good software.

Do you really think Google would let that fly? No.

Honestly A) I doubt BlackBerry would have actually worded it that way, and B) I actually don't think Google cares as much about that as you think they do anyway. If the majority of Google's target Android demographic gave a hoot about security and privacy, they wouldn't be Android customers anyway.

(EDIT: It actually appears that BlackBerry posted something on their own blog 5 days ago which more or less amounts to exactly the kind of wording that you thought that Google would never stand for.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/10/...droid-privacy/

"If you use an Android device today, chances are that it’s not protecting your privacy. According to a study published earlier this week by Cambridge University researchers, nearly 9 out of 10 Android devices are exposed to a critical vulnerability that puts your communications and personal data at risk. It’s not a good situation. However, we at BlackBerry think we can do better. PRIV™ by BlackBerry� will bring BlackBerry mobile privacy, security and productivity to the Android world."

The bottleneck is and will always be, the carriers. They are the biggest holdup!
    This seems to be changing lately. Device vendors have apparently recently gotten fed up with the "update debacle" and many of the major ones are announcing new products with quick update/patch promises. I'm not sure what has changed, perhaps the carriers are releasing their tight-fisted grip on OS updates a bit after concerted pressure from the device vendors, combined with public security spectacles that are starting to hurt their corporate image.

There are actually 3 versions. 1.0, 2.0 and 2.1
    The 2.1 is the one without the overheating issue.
    The 1.0 was a sample that was never mass produced.
    I don't suppose it might have occurred to anyone that one of the key reasons BlackBerry might have avoided the 810 is that that flaw had yet to be fixed at the point where they had to lock in their design, BOM and component supply?

Which was only addressed in July - almost certainly past the "point of no return" for the Priv hardware design:

Snapdragon 810 Heating Problems Finally Fixed As Newer Smartphones To Launch With Improved Snapdragon 810 v2.1 SoC
    Snapdragon 810 v2.1 May Cure Overheating Problems | Digital Trends

Yes, that will give BlackBerry a tiny bit of leverage.

About this much: |<---->|
    10-21-15 03:12 PM
66 123