Greetings. Unfortunately, my Passport finally died, it's impossible to be repaired. I'm looking for a new phone with physical keyboard and can't make choice between a Priv and an obsolete SonyEricsson.
    The main disadvantage of Priv is absence of root and/or custom firmwares. In this case I just can't backup or restore my phone if something weird happens. Even old SEs have a great developers community that still support these phones. BB even doesn't have a customer support service. The site shows an "internal server error" page, another way is a phone call but if you don't reside in USA or Canada it's useless (it'll be a *bit* expensive if you're calling not from US or Canada).
    So there are some questions:
    1.Is it worth to buy Priv?
    2.How can I contact BB support except the phone call?
    Thanks for your attention.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 02:08 AM
    So, funny thing. BlackBerry has no more customer service. Crackberry is now the official support for BlackBerry customer support.

So welcome.

Yup, no root. The Priv is a nice device. Despite some issues, I think you'll like it.

90% of things are backed up automatically by Google. Just remember to set it up properly.

As for everything else, make sure you back up our media on an SD card, and you should be good to go.
    06-10-17 02:23 AM
    Try Helium for backing up most apps' userdata (settings, savegames, own content not on /sdcard) - Needs a PC once after every reboot for "unlocking" backup/restore but works without root. If you got issues with drivers or helium not working with priv i can hep you.
    06-10-17 07:23 AM
    Greetings. Unfortunately, my Passport finally died, it's impossible to be repaired. I'm looking for a new phone with physical keyboard and can't make choice between a Priv and an obsolete SonyEricsson.
    The main disadvantage of Priv is absence of root and/or custom firmwares. In this case I just can't backup or restore my phone if something weird happens. Even old SEs have a great developers community that still support these phones. BB even doesn't have a customer support service. The site shows an "internal server error" page, another way is a phone call but if you don't reside in USA or Canada it's useless (it'll be a *bit* expensive if you're calling not from US or Canada).
    So there are some questions:
    1.Is it worth to buy Priv?
    2.How can I contact BB support except the phone call?
    Thanks for your attention.

Posted via CB10
    There is also the new KEYOne - check the subforum. Lots of discussion at the moment with a few possible issues.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-10-17 03:35 PM
    You can send an email to BlackBerry Technical Support just like the old days.
    06-10-17 05:35 PM
    You can send an email to BlackBerry Technical Support just like the old days.
    Does it exist? I can't find it anymore.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 11:51 PM