So I have a squeeky/wobly priv. I've read in one of the threads that the RMA process was so easy so I decided to give them a call for help.
    Since I originally bought a phone with Rogers, and since I have moved to another carrier, Rogers directed me to BBRY for support.
    I called them, and while I had nice agents helping me, It took nearly a week for them to decide if they will or not help me?!
    For some reason, I thought that the phone is covered by the warranty for a year, and that they had to support their product. Silly me I guess...
    Anyways, after couple of phone calls and number of escalations, manager said that it is clear that the phone is still under the warranty and that they will process the RMA, but I had to "PROVE" that the phone is defective before they can process.

They asked me to take photos of my phone and to take video and to send it.
    So I thought that there must be some people that send in their destroyed phones and I complied. This took another week to "process".

What a pain in the neck...

No one ever called me back, so I called them to inquire. They told me that the process has gone to RMA and it is waiting for the system to kick in...
    RMA departmnet took over, took my info and initiated the process (only after I insisted to spaeak to someone from RMA).

This has been about three weeks ago... I still have no phone and NO ONE can give me an update on what is going on.

So after being so frustrated, I took it to twitter and someone replied saying they see my case and that they will escalate it to the RMA managemtn and that someone will call me.
    Since I have not heard from them in about a week, I went bac to Twitter, and they reply was: Oh, didnt they contact you?! Check your spam folder...

Needless to say, this is such a terrible process, and I still have no word if/when I am going to get my phone. The worse thing is that no one really cares...
    I have been a loyal customer and fan since 1999, and in the past I had to exchange my phone twice. Entire process at that time took 48 hrs from initial call till I got my phone in. This time completely different.

Has anyone had similar issues?
    11-07-16 04:37 PM
    So I have a squeeky/wobly priv. I've read in one of the threads that the RMA process was so easy so I decided to give them a call for help.
    Since I originally bought a phone with Rogers, and since I have moved to another carrier, Rogers directed me to BBRY for support.
    I called them, and while I had nice agents helping me, It took nearly a week for them to decide if they will or not help me?!
    For some reason, I thought that the phone is covered by the warranty for a year, and that they had to support their product. Silly me I guess...
    Anyways, after couple of phone calls and number of escalations, manager said that it is clear that the phone is still under the warranty and that they will process the RMA, but I had to "PROVE" that the phone is defective before they can process.

They asked me to take photos of my phone and to take video and to send it.
    So I thought that there must be some people that send in their destroyed phones and I complied. This took another week to "process".

What a pain in the neck...

No one ever called me back, so I called them to inquire. They told me that the process has gone to RMA and it is waiting for the system to kick in...
    RMA departmnet took over, took my info and initiated the process (only after I insisted to spaeak to someone from RMA).

This has been about three weeks ago... I still have no phone and NO ONE can give me an update on what is going on.

So after being so frustrated, I took it to twitter and someone replied saying they see my case and that they will escalate it to the RMA managemtn and that someone will call me.
    Since I have not heard from them in about a week, I went bac to Twitter, and they reply was: Oh, didnt they contact you?! Check your spam folder...

Needless to say, this is such a terrible process, and I still have no word if/when I am going to get my phone. The worse thing is that no one really cares...
    I have been a loyal customer and fan since 1999, and in the past I had to exchange my phone twice. Entire process at that time took 48 hrs from initial call till I got my phone in. This time completely different.

Has anyone had similar issues?
    Yea - I bought mine from Amazon directly, not some 3rd party but Amazon themselves.

Similar to you - when I needed warranty, Blackberry doesn't honour the warranty but instead sends you back to the point of sale. Amazon for their part, in their "policy", says the manufacturer is responsible for warranty past 30 days, so in summary - I was left SOL because neither party honoured or cared to honour what I thought was a standard, 1 year manufacturer's warranty.

In the end, all Amazon could do was let me return the phone for a full refund, despite it being way past their 30 day return period.
    11-07-16 05:51 PM
    I am so disappointed with the whole experience that I will probably not buy a Blackberry again...
    Totally put off by the fact that they value their process (which is broken) over the their customers, and they do nothing about it.
    Very sad, that even in this tough time for the company they completely do not give a crap about only people that matter. Their customers...
    11-07-16 07:58 PM
    Just went through the process, started with tech support, who eventually moved me to warranty. It was actually a pretty smooth and painless process. Called tech in the afternoon, they said they would call back the next day with warranty, and they did.
    I did buy mine through Shop BB

BUT - they have no replacements, I was told their best guess was 2 weeks.
    11-08-16 09:49 AM
    I went through the RMA process as well a while back for the screen clicking issue. It was actually pretty smooth. I needed to send in a video showing the screen click, but that was no big deal. I had a replacement phone within about three or four days if a remember correctly.
    11-08-16 10:08 AM
    Just went through the process, started with tech support, who eventually moved me to warranty. It was actually a pretty smooth and painless process. Called tech in the afternoon, they said they would call back the next day with warranty, and they did.
    I did buy mine through Shop BB

BUT - they have no replacements, I was told their best guess was 2 weeks.
    Uh, oh. ShopBB is out? Or maybe they do refurbs for warranty???
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    11-08-16 01:10 PM
    Yea, basically - unless you buy the phone from BlackBerry directly, the RMA process can be dicey.

#whatisclassic
    11-08-16 04:09 PM
    Oddly, the lady in warranty wasn't sure if refurb or new. She said she was pretty sure new.
    Packaging for warranty replacement is different, it's just a bare phone, so it's not like they just grab a retail box off the shelf.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-09-16 07:48 AM
    Oddly, the lady in warranty wasn't sure if refurb or new. She said she was pretty sure new.
    Packaging for warranty replacement is different, it's just a bare phone, so it's not like they just grab a retail box off the shelf.
    11-09-16 07:48 AM
    Just an inquiry - did you also send this as an email? I've never gotten a quote back as an email?
    11-09-16 10:18 AM
    Ya, the process of talking to people was pretty smooth. That is not my concern.
    The biggest issue is that my RMA was approved a month ago and no one can give me an update on when to expect it. Always same song and dance saying "we escalated the issue"
    Means nothing... no one can tell me when will I receive a replacement.

I do not think that I would be this upset if this was a super hot phone that is flying off the shelves. What bugs me is the fact that they have tonnes of unsold stock that they could use as replacement, but they would rather write them off than give them to paying customers...

I am tweeting @johnchen and @Blackberryhelp. SOMEBODY must be able to make a decision...
    11-09-16 08:26 PM
    Just an inquiry - did you also send this as an email? I've never gotten a quote back as an email?
    I'm not sure what you're asking. I got the RMA verbally followed up by an email from them. Followed by a second email stating they still didn't have an ETA. I've actually got an individual assigned to me, not that she's any help since they don't have phones.

And it's getting worse, a 12 second power button reset no longer works, I have to do the 32 second to get the screen to start responding.
    11-09-16 09:39 PM
    I'm not sure what you're asking. I got the RMA verbally followed up by an email from them. Followed by a second email stating they still didn't have an ETA. I've actually got an individual assigned to me, not that she's any help since they don't have phones.

And it's getting worse, a 12 second power button reset no longer works, I have to do the 32 second to get the screen to start responding.
    NO.

What I was asking about is that either Tapatalk or the CB app is now sending me an email that YOU quoted me.

Yours is not the only one being emailed to me. There must be a setting somewhere.

Here's a capture

RMA process so frustrating-tapatalk.jpg
    11-10-16 12:02 AM
    I rma many times for the priv and each was simple and quick.
    11-10-16 12:35 AM
    What I was asking about is that either Tapatalk or the CB app is now sending me an email that YOU quoted me.
    You must have subscribed somehow, it's not me doing it. And no I don't know how to unsubscribe, though it can't be that hard.
    11-10-16 05:49 AM
    Because its a software company, thats why!!!

Ok...just kidding

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    11-10-16 05:57 AM
    Hey everyone,

I am trying to get a hold of anyone in Canada who works at BBRY that is in any decision making role. So far I have not been very successful in contacting anyone.
    I am hoping I would be able to let someone know how broken this RMA process is. I would highly doubt that Blackberry executives know about this issue. If they did, they would have fixed it by now.
    So rather than whining, I thought to try and help.
    If you have twitter, I would appreciate if you could retweet my tweet (my twitter handle is @oljakulic)
    Tweet @johnchen and @blackberryhelp with message Mr. Chen, please get involved.
    My tweeter is @oljakulic

Lets see if this can get us somewhere.
    11-10-16 10:39 AM