Hello everyone. I just purchased a priv earlier today and still getting use to it. I'm having a bit of an issue using a song from my music library and after down loading a music player that will allow making a ringtone out of a song it will stay a ring tone until I reboot the phone or shut it off and turn it back on. Has anyone had any issues like this and how can I correct it ? It's quite frustrating.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-28-15 06:24 PM
    I am using the stock ring tones so I cannot offer any insight. Can you save those custom ring tones to the same folder as the stock ring tones?
    12-28-15 06:39 PM
    Hello everyone. I just purchased a priv earlier today and still getting use to it. I'm having a bit of an issue using a song from my music library and after down loading a music player that will allow making a ringtone out of a song it will stay a ring tone until I reboot the phone or shut it off and turn it back on. Has anyone had any issues like this and how can I correct it ? It's quite frustrating.

I've been experiencing the same thing and haven't been able to figure it out either

12-28-15 06:52 PM
    OK.

Not an easy fix but it's working for me.....

You need to actually move the preferred ring tone file INTO the root directory for ringtones.

I did this and have rebooted a few times with no issues.

Hopefully, BBRY will fix this going forward in an update.

Posted via Priv
    STV100-3
    12-28-15 07:31 PM
    How would I go about doing that work around that you suggest. I've been trying to figure that out and can't seem to.

12-28-15 07:51 PM
    Not sure I understand the problem but the stock Android file manager can't find those files. So download a good file manager and you will be able to select whatever you want for the ring tone.

I suggest solid explorer

12-28-15 07:54 PM
    I use total commander for file management.

Via TC, the first 'SD Card' is your phone. In this folder, you'll find the ringtone folder. This is where you'll move the audio file to.

Go into your second SD Card which is your actual SD card and locate your audio file, then long hold on it and add to clipboard (copy to)

Go back to the phone SD card and navigate to the ringtones folder. Above the listed files and beside the arrow is a space to long press......and copy here.
    The file appear at the bottom of the folder.

Go and add the ringtone to your contact. Reboot and enjoy.

If you go with another file manager, the navigation should be pretty much the same with minor differences.

Posted via Priv
    STV100-3
    kenbjr66 likes this.
    12-28-15 08:54 PM
    OK.

Not an easy fix but it's working for me.....

You need to actually move the preferred ring tone file INTO the root directory for ringtones.

I did this and have rebooted a few times with no issues.

Hopefully, BBRY will fix this going forward in an update.

Posted via Priv
    STV100-3
    Yes...you need to move the files of the ring tone into your device memory under notifications or ring tones subfolder instead of keeping it on your SD card. That should fix it....at least it did for me...

12-29-15 04:03 AM
    Thank you for your help. I downloaded the total commander app and did what was explained and it worked like a charm. Awesome

12-29-15 01:13 PM
    I just connected my phone to the computer and simply copied the file into ringtones..
    Jonneh likes this.
    01-01-16 12:30 PM