Not sure if this was covered anywhere,but for a slider, one would believe that blackberry would use a cable similar to that used on the torch and possibly encounter the same issues that the torch had.( sliding motion damaging the cable over time). I do remember with the torch having this issue multiple times.

Has anyone heard about the possibility or probability of this issue?
    I like android and I may be willing to try it, but I don't want to have the same issues over again.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 11:01 AM
    Is this a sore spot that no one wants to touch on?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 11:33 AM
    Is this a sore spot that no one wants to touch on?

Posted via CB10
    You did only post this 30 minutes ago.

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    11-07-15 11:34 AM
    I think that rather than speculate about potential problems we simply wait for the phone to get some real world experience and judge the hardware based on that.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    Camelhmpz and Carmels like this.
    11-07-15 11:35 AM
    Not sure if this was covered anywhere,but for a slider, one would believe that blackberry would use a cable similar to that used on the torch and possibly encounter the same issues that the torch had.( sliding motion damaging the cable over time). I do remember with the torch having this issue multiple times.

Has anyone heard about the possibility or probability of this issue?
    I like android and I may be willing to try it, but I don't want to have the same issues over again.

Posted via CB10
    Somewhere I read (yahoo review?????) that they tested the slide mechanism millions of open/close. So one would hope that they got the cable/mechanism full-proof.

Yes, Yahoo, and a pretty affirmative review, too

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/blackberr...202952196.html

"BlackBerry says that in testing, it has opened and closed it over a million times on some of its test phones, and theyíre still going strong. If youíre like most people, that should last you at least through the holidays."
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    11-07-15 12:07 PM
    Somewhere I read (yahoo review?????) that they tested the slide mechanism millions of open/close. So one would hope that they got the cable/mechanism full-proof.
    I never had an issue with the cable with my torch, so the Priv should fare the same or better. Hopefully.
    11-07-15 12:09 PM
    I never had an issue with the cable with my torch, so the Priv should fare the same or better. Hopefully.
    I found the link and quote. See above for me edit
    11-07-15 12:11 PM
    You did only post this 30 minutes ago.

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    I was aware it was only 30 mins but I figured as hard flowing as the priv thread was, that someone would have jumped on it lol

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 07:56 PM
    I'll let you know if mine breaks because of the ribbon.
    11-07-15 08:34 PM
    I never had an issue on my BlackBerry Torch. I would open and close the phone multiple times.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 08:41 PM
    What if the battery explodes and kills my kids? Did anyone think if that could happen?

Posted via CB10
    SchmoopieRawks likes this.
    11-07-15 08:41 PM
    What if the battery explodes and kills my kids? Did anyone think if that could happen?

Posted via CB10
    I guess thats just the risk we will have to take.
    11-07-15 08:57 PM