I don't remember ever owning a device that didn't get warm.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 02:55 AM
    My Passport does this when I use the Android runtime a lot.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 03:03 AM
    Heat coming from playing a game or doing something intensive on the phone is expected. Heat generated from browsing the web for 5 minutes shouldn't happen, and that's where we are with this phone right now.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-07-15 04:07 AM
    Ever own an HTC M9 you can cook breakfast.
    You are so funny! Yes I own m8 and m9 and indeed they cook me very good breakfast every morning once I turn on Google maps hahaha
    11-07-15 05:18 AM
    I think this is only at the beginning, cause you are over running the processor, with set up of accounts, installing apps etc... got to give it sometime to settle, I experience the same with any BlackBerry when u first set it up.
    11-07-15 05:20 AM
    Lmao you guys acting like BlackBerry can't make mistakes. Warm and Hot are 2 different temperatures. When 1 person says it gets hot, hmm, when multiple people say it, it's a problem. Other major OEMS do NOT get hot the way the Priv does. Let's stop blaming lolipop. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 08:27 AM
    So this morning, woke up to a nice cool device, 96% battery.

Started messaging girlfriend on LINE app. Within about 2 minutes, the right side of the phone heated up, and within about 3-4 minutes the entire back was noticeably hot, almost uncomfortable. Battery dropped 4% in about 3 minutes. I hope we all don't have the same level of issues, but this is enough for me to return and try another unit, compare with demos at store, and see what's going on.
    WT44 likes this.
    11-07-15 08:50 AM
    So this morning, woke up to a nice cool device, 96% battery.

Started messaging girlfriend on LINE app. Within about 2 minutes, the right side of the phone heated up, and within about 3-4 minutes the entire back was noticeably hot, almost uncomfortable. Battery dropped 4% in about 3 minutes. I hope we all don't have the same level of issues, but this is enough for me to return and try another unit, compare with demos at store, and see what's going on.
    This is my biggest fear about the Priv (having owned Android devices in the past including the S6 Edge). They get super hot and have massive battery drain. Sony seems to have this managed pretty well and I was hoping Blackberry would as well. Please update as you know more. Day 1 hot and drain I get, but not Day 2.
    11-07-15 08:54 AM
    The most obvious fix is simple enough. The Priv is running on Android. Learn to kill apps running in the background.
    11-07-15 09:00 AM
    Mine did but that is because of all the downloads and constant trying to set everything up. As most of us we were on for a few hours straight yesterday.
    This happens even with the Z30 and Classic.
    This morning I have been on for an hour and still cool!

posted from my Priv!
    _tC likes this.
    11-07-15 09:01 AM
    Mine did but that is because of all the downloads and constant trying to set everything up. As most of us we were on for a few hours straight yesterday.
    This happens even with the Z30 and Classic.
    This morning I have been on for an hour and still cool!

posted from my Priv!
    not able to duplicate your experience this morning, significantly hot and battery drain. paying attention to what's running in the background and keeping most stuff closed.
    11-07-15 09:48 AM
    Also remember guys, if you won't stop touching the phone cause it's brand new, of course battery life will be bad and it will heat up!

Posted via CB10
    Lacuna_a_x likes this.
    11-07-15 11:28 AM
    Great so since some other Android phones get hot then that makes this ok.
    What is unfortunate is that BB decided to go Android in Qualcomm's worst year. Both the Snapdragon 810 and 808 (found in Priv) are not exactly cool running CPUs.
    11-07-15 12:03 PM
38 12