Angefasst: BlackBerry Priv mit Android im Hands-On | heise online

* DTEK can with android 5.1 not rejects app right (so have to wait for Marshmallow 6)
    * Battery capacity not measeured exactly but it came through whole day

* USB is OTG enabled
    * with slimport adapter possibility to attach screens and projectors

Camera:
    * Can fire also via hardwarekeys [Space], Volume-Buttons
    * Continuous drive 5fps
    * Autofocus phase detection (=continuous focus)
    * Gallery with different daytimes with iPhone6sPlus compare: Angefasst: BlackBerry Priv mit Android im Hands-On | heise online

Hub:
    * need to enter gmail account seperatly in hub, so no inheritage of system wide accounts like in BB10
    * no optional [gamail] calendars are shown atm
    * BlackBerry Messenger peneatrates to signup, only complete disabling of app silences it.

Launcher:
    * BB search is only local on device
    * when on homescreen, typing on PKB automatically opens up the bb search -> yeah JUST TYPE

pkb QWERTZ:
    * Umlauts only via holding the keys longer (hoped to see something like SYM+key)
    Last edited by gizmo21; 11-06-15 at 03:39 AM.
    11-06-15 01:41 AM
    Launcher:
    * BB search is only local on device
    * when on homescreen PKB typing automatically opens up the bb search -> yeah JUST TYPE
    OMG THIS IS GREAT! I thought I have to get into universal search to search for stuffs, this is good to know.
    11-06-15 03:10 AM

pkb QWERTZ:
    * Umlauts only via holding the keys longer (hoped to see something like SYM+key)
    That's not of a big problem. Just use the word substitution feature to replace things like ae with � and such. Works just like on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 04:30 AM
    You are lucky to know about the Qwertz version, we still wait for the Azerty
    11-06-15 04:49 AM
    pkb QWERTZ:
    Well that's always been the case with BlackBerry, however Android offers the possibility to finetune the long press. So let's say instead of a rather long 0.5 seconds delay you could adjust it to 0.2 seconds, which incredibly increases typing speed. I don't know though whether BlackBerry uses such a possibility for the PKB.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Taigatrommel; 11-06-15 at 06:14 AM.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    11-06-15 05:09 AM
    Quick link to the PRIV vs iPhone pictures from the review mentioned above

http://m.heise.de/newsticker/bilders...l?back=2879261

Its a pretty solid contender, you can really see the green washout in the iPhone in the graffiti picture

The first dog pic the white highlights seemed to be blown out on the dogs face vs the iPhone but every other pic I think they're equal or PRIV has the edge

Posted via CB10
    gizmo21 likes this.
    11-06-15 06:04 AM
    Does anybody know if the German version supports quick charging?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 06:29 AM
    You are lucky to know about the Qwertz version, we still wait for the Azerty
    Perhaps you check for ProductCode: PRD-60029-019 or EAN-Code: 0802975061723 in your fav online stores:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12020980
    11-06-15 06:31 AM
    Hey,
    Where did you buy it from? I live in Munich and i have looked at all saturn stores, and they don't have it yet. Is pre-order the only option? Because i want the VAT refund when i leave Germany in a month
    11-06-15 09:45 AM
    I don't think any of us already has the device in hands. I preorered at MediaMarkt.de, still waiting for updates.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 09:48 AM
    Another german QWERTZ review from a guy seem to know blackberry devices:
    Blackberry Priv: Der Highend-Androide mit Hardware-Tastatur im Hands-On - teltarif.de News

* balanced in hand and seems to be "lighter" (unclear if size or weight) then it is
    * camera is focusing better and is faster (perhaps compared to bb phones?)
    * compared to other smartphone very good speakerssound, but too low for car navigation
    * virtual keyboard with haptic feedback and
    * shortcuts on pkb can be doubbled on every key (long or short press)
    * launcher is changable ( e.g. google now launcher) - if someone need s this
    * redundant notifications in hub and OS
    * voice quality very good and reception is good on carrier vodafone
    * very nice video quality and sound on youtube and chromecast possible
    * [failed to realise the differnce between icon shortcuts a popup widgets]

Sadly only a bad resolution picture of exact android 5.1.1. version is in the review (wanted to see the patchlevel)
    [Review] German heise.de with HandsOn QWERTZ-blackberry-priv-hands-test-14lgb.jpg
    11-06-15 01:11 PM
    Mobilegeeks:

BlackBerry Priv Test: Unboxing und erste Eindr�cke

Snooze to location
    snooze to network connection
    [Review] German heise.de with HandsOn QWERTZ-screenshot_2015-11-06-10-02-03.jpg [Review] German heise.de with HandsOn QWERTZ-screenshot_2015-11-06-10-02-08.jpg
    11-06-15 01:32 PM
    Hey,
    Where did you buy it from? I live in Munich and i have looked at all saturn stores, and they don't have it yet. Is pre-order the only option? Because i want the VAT refund when i leave Germany in a month
    It's not available, the press reviews most likely got their phones directly from BlackBerry as review packages. First shops claiming availability starting Nov. 19th, like Cyberport. That goes in line with c'ts statement the device will hit the stores sometimes second half this month.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 01:44 PM
    Does anybody know if the German version supports quick charging?

Posted via CB10
    They all support QC 2.0
    11-06-15 01:53 PM
    mostly positive video/text review on golem.de:
    Priv im Test: Blackberry kann Android - Golem.de

* on the POLED a slight background pattern can be seen on white screens
    * on benchmarks and games it gets warm and throttles speed (before after pictures of benchmarks) not as high as Nexus 5x but much worse than LG G4 (both snapdragon 808). So even not taking snapdragon 810 (which i think was wise desicion) helps the priv from throtteling.

[Review] German heise.de with HandsOn QWERTZ-priv_bench.png
    11-11-15 09:12 AM
    I don't think any of us already has the device in hands. I preorered at MediaMarkt.de, still waiting for updates.

Posted via CB10
    Frankly, Mediamarkt usually isn't the fastest when it comes to new devices. I just got a call that my iPhone 6S Plus has arrived today. Bought mine elsewhere about a month ago :-)
    11-11-15 09:52 AM