Content transfer app was excellent and easy though it took 2 hrs (could be due to the 1800 photos I had). That said love the thinness, phone is too wide for women's hands. Love the keyboard but somehow seems like the keys are smaller. I not sure if due to widening or not. Good thing I have nails bc that's what I have to use to type.

Camera. Great photos but slow response when taking photos. The photo app I didn't connect to Google photo just leaving the photos on the SD card and they are a mess. I can't organize into folders, can't arrange by date or change the view at all.

This next one was the deal-breaker for me. Can't customize ringers or tones for mails, text alarm (have had the same alarm tone for 7yrs. Don't wake up to others I've tried) etc, can't shut off what apps have access to individually which leads me to believe it's not private. The microphone on the keyboard only works if held down twice and only if I'm already in an app. I won't use Google now bc of privacy issue and tracking. The BlackBerry assistant was great. I don't see why you need to track what I'm doing if I search for a movie or want to voice text a friend or make a call unless I use google now it doesn't seem to work. I have hundreds of things in remember that I can't pull over and in BlackBerry travel.

I do wish for the success of the phone and blackberry but BlackBerry 10 is a far better OS with customizations and ability to turn off tracking and app security access I don't feel is necessary for certain apps. Hope the next iteration will have a smaller width for women.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-08-15 08:07 PM
    Content transfer app was excellent and easy though it took 2 hrs (could be due to the 1800 photos I had). That said love the thinness, phone is too wide for women's hands. Love the keyboard but somehow seems like the keys are smaller. I not sure if due to widening or not. Good thing I have nails bc that's what I have to use to type.

Camera. Great photos but slow response when taking photos. The photo app I didn't connect to Google photo just leaving the photos on the SD card and they are a mess. I can't organize into folders, can't arrange by date or change the view at all.

This next one was the deal-breaker for me. Can't customize ringers or tones for mails, text alarm (have had the same alarm tone for 7yrs. Don't wake up to others I've tried) etc, can't shut off what apps have access to individually which leads me to believe it's not private. The microphone on the keyboard only works if held down twice and only if I'm already in an app. I won't use Google now bc of privacy issue and tracking. The BlackBerry assistant was great. I don't see why you need to track what I'm doing if I search for a movie or want to voice text a friend or make a call unless I use google now it doesn't seem to work. I have hundreds of things in remember that I can't pull over and in BlackBerry travel.

I do wish for the success of the phone and blackberry but BlackBerry 10 is a far better OS with customizations and ability to turn off tracking and app security access I don't feel is necessary for certain apps. Hope the next iteration will have a smaller width for women.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    If you go into your email account settings (hub --> nav drawer --> settings --> select an email account from the accounts list) you can customize you email notification tone.
    11-08-15 09:51 PM
    Same with messenger (text) if you go into their settings from the overflow (3 dots) in the top right hand corner of the app.
    11-08-15 09:51 PM
    Based on some posts here, I can summarize what Priv is like.

"Welcome to Android, where the phone is shipped to you unfinished because we (Google) did not want to put in too much time and thought on how the OS should be like. We (Google) thought that we will leave it up to the users, because we are too lazy to do anything in our colourful cubicles in head office. We will market it as CUSTOMIZEABLE! All you have to do is download these few apps: app 1, app 2, app 3, app 4, app 5, app 6, app 7, app 8, app 9, app 10, app 11, app 12, app 13, app 14, app 15, app 16, app 17, app 18, app 19, app 20.

Once you're done downloading these apps, you can now use your phone. If those apps don't work well, you may also try these following apps: app 1.1, app 2.1, app 3.1, app 4.1 etc..."

I see what Android is doing here. They get the users involved in fixing their phone to their liking, that all they do is that and get nothing done productively.

Seriously, I have an LG G Stylo Android phone. I need to get rid of it. Trade for Z30 anyone?
    Asvertus likes this.
    11-08-15 10:08 PM
    Most all Android apps have notification tone selections within the app settings. Settings in the SMS app has this option.

Copy your long time tone to the phone's storage and you'll be able to browse and select it from within the SMS app settings.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    11-08-15 11:10 PM
    Nothing bad in you review, just need to be more familiar with Android.
    I agree about app that you have to instal for your phone work as "You" want.
    I think that for the setting, we can find one that will do it as well as powertolls or Hubb++
    11-09-15 02:22 AM

"Welcome to Android, where the phone is shipped to you unfinished because we (Google) did not want to put in too much time and thought on how the OS should be like. We (Google) thought that we will leave it up to the users, because we are too lazy to do anything in our colourful cubicles in head office. We will market it as CUSTOMIZEABLE! All you have to do is download these few apps: app 1, app 2, app 3, app 4, app 5, app 6, app 7, app 8, app 9, app 10, app 11, app 12, app 13, app 14, app 15, app 16, app 17, app 18, app 19, app 20.

Once you're done downloading these apps, you can now use your phone. If those apps don't work well, you may also try these following apps: app 1.1, app 2.1, app 3.1, app 4.1 etc..."

I see what Android is doing here. They get the users involved in fixing their phone to their liking, that all they do is that and get nothing done productively.

Seriously, I have an LG G Stylo Android phone. I need to get rid of it. Trade for Z30 anyone?
    You can also spin it the other way around:

"Welcome to BB10, where a lot of things are part of the OS because we were forced to do it because we have very few apps. We will market it as feature rich and hope to hides the ecosystem problem."

The thing is Android doesn't need a file manager or any other app to do it's thing, bug Google hasn't blocked API access to such features and gives developers the ability to build such apps (unlike iOS) and users to install them if they need it.
    11-09-15 02:40 AM

1000 thx. That's exact my problem with Android.

Posted via my Z30 (10.3.2.2639)
    11-09-15 03:32 AM
    You can also spin it the other way around:

"Welcome to BB10, where a lot of things are part of the OS because we were forced to do it because we have very few apps. We will market it as feature rich and hope to hides the ecosystem problem."

The thing is Android doesn't need a file manager or any other app to do it's thing, bug Google hasn't blocked API access to such features and gives developers the ability to build such apps (unlike iOS) and users to install them if they need it.
    No, that are basic functions.

I prefer apps that are build from the os maker and snap 100% in the OS.

I have all apps I need. Don't need snapchat, CoC, Instagram and all this needless apps.
    Want a Phone OS and not a LEGO system.
    Every 3rd part app slows down the system, has eventually incompatibility with other apps.

11-09-15 04:01 AM
    No, that are basic functions.

I prefer apps that are build from the os maker and snap 100% in the OS.

I have all apps I need. Don't need snapchat, CoC, Instagram and all this needless apps.
    Want a Phone OS and not a LEGO system.
    Every 3rd part app slows down the system, has eventually incompatibility with other apps.

Except for a file manager, Priv (and any other Android phone for that matter) comes with everything you might need fr basic operations. And as I said, Android is designed to be usable without a file manager, but they give you the option to use one (and Android has some really good file managers in Google play).

You might not need the apps you spoke of, but other might want them. It's better to have them and never need them, than to need them and not have them.

Also, a 3rd party app slows down the system just as much as a 1st party one. A BB file manager on the priv is NOT guaranteed to run better or have better options than a 3rd party one. The same about compatibility with other apps.
    11-09-15 04:09 AM
    You need to go to the google photos app to setup auto upload.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 04:18 AM