So at first when I got my Priv I didn't understand it was going to be such a challenge backing up and syncing with Microsoft office all my contacts so I said no to backing up onto the Google drive or the gmail account or whatever the option is!
    When I realized there was no equivalent of BBlink I tried Akruto under the recommendation of several Crackberry users and also Gsyncit but unfortunately neither of them have worked for me. Not sure if it's my pc or my phone but after weeks of Tech Support I'm giving up on these 2 and want to at least back up my contacts into Google drive (I have over 500 contacts so manually isn't exactly an option that enchants me).
    Is there a way to revert back my decision or do I need to wipe my contacts and reinstall them using the BBtransfer and save them in that Google account?
    As you can see I'm not super Tech savy so please use very basic language if you have an answer for me thank you!!
    03-06-17 10:15 AM
    I succumbed a while ago and allow my Gmail account to also backup/sync my contacts. Since I did set it up when initially adding Gmail to the Priv, I don't recall if you can edit those settings later to turn on syncing.

But check in three places. Check the Contacts app (you can export and import (right menu)), In the Hub, left menu and then check accounts and settings. Main Settings, Accounts and see what options are there.

Hopefully, someone will have some concrete ideas.
    mariecat likes this.
    03-06-17 11:03 AM
    Open contacts, swipe to 'all contacts', (if not already there). > 3 bar menu, (upper left) > settings
    If the google account is there, tap it, (otherwise you will have set it up in 'add account' on previous menu).
    Tap Google, enable 'Contacts', it should then sync.

There may be an easier way to get there, but I'm pretty sure this is how I 'changed my mind'.

There is also an app, called Super Backup, that will back up your contacts, call logs, SMS's and a couple of other things to your SD card. I use that, in addition to Google. Call logs and SMS's cannot be backed up to Google.
    mariecat and FF22 like this.
    03-06-17 04:28 PM
    Wonderful! Thank you SO much!
    03-06-17 06:23 PM