I sort of wish I could return mine even though I found it as being a good phone. They are stopping update, soon. And it is a capital B to buy cases for. Especially soft ones. And the few I found were crap and you could not charge the phone because it didn't leave enough room. And my son really, super wants some cool cases (i.e.Star Wars ect.. in soft, not hard) and there is None to be found.

I have messages a few places that had cool cases and they had none for the priv.

So, a great phone that has no cool bling lol. Which is funny, as I am not a bling type person, except for phone cases 😝

I am thankful that having no cases on my phone, or my son's, has not lead to a broken phone, yet.

I thought of breaking mine just to get a new phone lol. 😉

I wish we could return them.

Rant over --- for now.
    12-17-17 09:15 PM
    Bought the Priv when my q10 started malfunctioning. Too large to carry on my belt, so kept it for email, internet, whatsapp, bmm, calendar, etc., and bought a new q10 just for phone and text messaging.
    Priv does not turn on screen in less than a year, blackberry refuses my inquiries claiming device was not sold directly by them... Considered dinosaurs haven't seen any authorized service centers in Miami FL... Thinking of just putting it my blackberry museum collection and use my q10 as phone and a great motorola android i bought for $25 at the att store for email, internet, whatsapp, etc
    03-27-18 01:56 PM
    Well, after 2.5 years (incl one replacement at the end of the first year) the side buttons finally crapped out last Monday so when I got an offer at the "HTC U" event last Wed night in NYC & assurance wifi calling will work right out of the box, I jumped and bought an HTC U12+ (translucent blue 64GB) on the spot.
    I must say it was great while it lasted, love underdogs, but during the past 6+ my Priv became really slow for my use and the hardware button issue just sealed it (ironically the U12+ has fake buttons - they are just part of Edge Sense, the squeeze & pressure-sensitive sides feature.)
    06-04-18 01:35 PM
    what?
    06-09-18 10:17 AM
    Just sold my Priv yesterday...will not miss it...seriously...

After a year with Priv I'm back to REAL Blackberry device...this time with a Classic (used a Q5 for 4 years) and oh dear...what have i done when i bought the Priv?

I don't recommend Priv (neither Android)...try to keep your REAL BlackBerry device as much as you can...i'm now carrying a cheap Android only for some specific stuff (bank payments).
    01-15-19 01:39 PM
    I got Passport SE somewhere in a drawer while rock my KEY2. Lovin it.
    01-18-19 03:56 AM

After a year with Priv I'm back to REAL Blackberry device...this time with a Classic (used a Q5 for 4 years) and oh dear...what have i done when i bought the Priv?

I don't recommend Priv (neither Android)...try to keep your REAL BlackBerry device as much as you can...i'm now carrying a cheap Android only for some specific stuff (bank payments).
    I owned Classics, Privs, Passports, KEYone, KEY2's and I sold all those devices and currently own two KEY2 LE's and would NEVER go back to a Classic or any other BB10 device at this point.
    The Classic was dog slow and had underwhelming battery life
    02-15-19 10:14 AM

Classic is a beautiful device, unfortunately it is not able to do all it once could. As for the Priv, I still have mine (which I love, despite its well known flaws) and it is a backup to my KEYone. It has grown slower but serves me well for things like streaming Spotify.
    I certainly would only want to use payment and bank apps on a secure BlackBerry android and not a random cheap android. KEYone and KEY2 have the locker for apps that need to be kept secure.
    Rico4you likes this.
    03-06-19 02:19 PM
    Use my PRIV daily and love it...alongside my KEY2.
    Sigewif likes this.
    03-06-19 02:28 PM
    I think this phone the PRIV pretty much a collectors item. Yeah I love qwerty keyboards on smartphones are lovely. And planning on getting the newer devices and hopefully they work well too.
    03-26-19 05:41 AM
    My PRIV is my favourite phone of all time. I never had a Torch, but I did demo one once and knew the PRIV and I would get along fine.

But after 2½ years, it's gone a bit sickly, shall we say. I kept getting the dreaded 'Process System has stopped working'. So I had to hard-boot the device. Then a few months later, it was back, so hard-booted again. Several times. Which has drastically reduced the life of the battery. (Not to mention over-heating.)

So when it happened again, I got a recon'd PRIV. It certainly looked nice, the colours were good and I liked the matt keys. But after a week of using it in anger, I found that the recon was overheating, apps had stopped responding and battery life was poor. It got sent back, and I'm waiting for a refund.

So it was back to the original PRIV and I've taken it to an expert for repair. There's no word on whether it'll live, but in the mean time, I'm using H.M. The Wife's old Galaxy mini. And while I can't say I like it (it runs Android K-K), I am able to live with it without too much trouble.

Now then, now then, now then (as a deceased and disgraced British celeb would say), this 'relationship' with Galaxy has aroused an interest in an S9. Which is a shame in a way, as I loved BB PKBs and stuck with BB for ten years and four devices, but the KEY series devices don't really excite me. If I can't have both VKB and PKB, I'll settle for VKB only on a Galaxy.

Why am I telling you this? I just needed to pour out my grief and ask BlackBerry to make a new PRIV, one with Process System that keeps doing whatever it should, one that doesn't over-heat, one that's reliable and one that has both VKB and PKB so that I can enjoy the best of both worlds. Please.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
    UPDATE

My PRIV has died. It's official.
    Refund from recon phone received.

Where do I go from here?
    Last edited by nuffznuff; 06-07-19 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Update
    Sigewif likes this.
    05-30-19 02:34 PM
    Running on my PRIV since June 2016...and yes clear cache, use a taskmanager to "kill" apps in background, no location, no charge beyond 90*%....
    And Lovin it and it's awesome PKB and screen! All alongside my amazing KEY2

This posted on My PRIV!
    05-30-19 03:58 PM
    Priv design is the best of both worlds and if BB had half a brain it’s next phone would be an updated slider.
    But I will not hold my breath.
    Rico4you likes this.
    06-24-19 02:14 PM
    Priv design is the best of both worlds and if BB had half a brain it’s next phone would be an updated slider.
    But I will not hold my breath.
    It's the worst of both worlds, but it's still both worlds
    06-24-19 06:05 PM
    Sure anything you say.
    06-24-19 06:18 PM
    Sure anything you say.
    Ok, I'll explain (assuming we take the Priv design example):

Why it's not gonna be as good at being a slab as a slab:

Since it's a slider, it won't be able to have the IP rating that most slabs have today. It will have moving parts which can have failures (even though the Priv's sliding mechanism is very solid)

Why it's not gonna be as good at being a PKB as a dedicated PKB candybar:

Since it's a slider, the screen will have to move up to reveal the PKB, and the center of mass will be less well balanced because of that added weight that is now at the top.
    It will probably also be heavier than a candybar PKB (for example, the Priv is 36g heavier than the LE!)
    And finally, the keyboard will most likely feel cramped as it needs to hide behind a moving screen module.

That said, if someone did make a vertical PKB slider, I'd buy it because anything that isn't another boring slab of glass has my attention.
    06-24-19 06:45 PM
    Ok so just make the slider open horizontally lol.
    Bigger keyboard, problem solved.
    By the way the Key phones suck.
    Talk about a small keyboard.

How about just making a Passport sized android. Change screen size just enough to work with android say 4 in wide by 4.5. long, something wider then key phone
    It can be done again Key phone design is crap.
    06-24-19 08:04 PM
    I'm new here and I realize this is an old thread but I wanted to share my Priv story. Not much of a story but here it is. I've only had 4 smartphones ever. In 2010 I got a Motorola Droid 2. It was my first smartphone and I really liked having the keyboard. I was transitioning from a Samsung that had a side flip with a keyboard and figured I'd stick with the keyboard. After the Droid 2 I got a Droid 4 and also liked it. I had heard about the Priv and looked it up and decided it would be my next phone.

It was a while before the Priv was sold in the USA by Verizon so I held out and finally got one in early 2016. I know I only really had one other smartphone experience but I felt like the Priv was the best phone ever. I'm a developer so I had experience prototyping and testing on many devices so at least I had some basis of comparison. People liked to laugh and make fun of my Blackberry but I would always point at their iphone and tell them "yeah you go ahead and enjoy your little Acura. Its nice. But I have a Rolls Royce here."

I held onto the Priv until the bitter end. I got a Key2 LE this week. I say "bitter end" but the Priv is still kickin it. It just wouldn't power on for about a week and now the battery has a hard time holding a charge. But I held out for a long time. I bought the LE when the phone wouldn't power on 3 weeks ago but when it finally came back on I still kept using it for 3 weeks while the LE sat in its box. It was hard to let it go. I'm enjoying the LE but if they could release an updated Priv I would gladly get another.

I think another Priv run in the market would be successful. It just wasn't properly executed in its debut.
    10-17-19 10:15 PM
    . People liked to laugh and make fun of my Blackberry but I would always point at their iphone and tell them "yeah you go ahead and enjoy your little Acura. Its nice. But I have a Rolls Royce here."
    LOLz!

Posted via CB10
    10-18-19 06:27 AM
    Ok, I'll explain (assuming we take the Priv design example):

Why it's not gonna be as good at being a slab as a slab:

Since it's a slider, it won't be able to have the IP rating that most slabs have today. It will have moving parts which can have failures (even though the Priv's sliding mechanism is very solid)

Why it's not gonna be as good at being a PKB as a dedicated PKB candybar:

Since it's a slider, the screen will have to move up to reveal the PKB, and the center of mass will be less well balanced because of that added weight that is now at the top.
    It will probably also be heavier than a candybar PKB (for example, the Priv is 36g heavier than the LE!)
    And finally, the keyboard will most likely feel cramped as it needs to hide behind a moving screen module.

That said, if someone did make a vertical PKB slider, I'd buy it because anything that isn't another boring slab of glass has my attention.
    Well, yes; a slider is a compromise design. It's not gonna be the "best" of either.

But it does give you a full slab-size display plus a physical keyboard. I hardly think it deserves the "worst of both worlds" moniker....
    12-13-19 03:36 PM
    Ok so just make the slider open horizontally lol.
    Bigger keyboard, problem solved.
    By the way the Key phones suck.
    Talk about a small keyboard.

How about just making a Passport sized android. Change screen size just enough to work with android say 4 in wide by 4.5. long, something wider then key phone
    It can be done again Key phone design is crap.
    I rather like landscape sliders. A much better keyboard is possible.

My last phone before the Priv was a Samsung Captivate Glide, which is a landscape slider. (If only the rotten USB port still worked, I would've updated it to KitKat and might still be using it. It's awfully old and small, though.) That F(x)One I've been reading about is a landscape slider too.

A clam-shell (or in portrait mode, flip-phone) design is another way to skin this cat, although then I guess you have to worry about a ribbon cable wearing out and breaking....
    12-13-19 03:44 PM
    I'm still using my Priv to this day as my daily driver. I'm thinking of switching to Key2 but I kinda hate the small screen. I was thinking will it be nice if I'm able to shove keyone or even key2 insides (motherboard and everything) on the Priv and using a 3D printer to make the back cover for the "frankenstein Priv"
    Rico4you likes this.
    12-26-19 12:51 AM
    I'm still using my Priv to this day as my daily driver. I'm thinking of switching to Key2 but I kinda hate the small screen. I was thinking will it be nice if I'm able to shove keyone or even key2 insides (motherboard and everything) on the Priv and using a 3D printer to make the back cover for the "frankenstein Priv"
    That's a good idea. I wish it was possible as I think the Priv is a great device.

Posted via my beautiful priv
    Rico4you likes this.
    02-04-20 05:57 AM
1,123 ... 434445