I don't want to download the Outlook app. I want to simply add my account settings to the OS. Doesn't work.

Simple as that.

It works on the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 10:11 PM
    To each his own...I love mine!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Mecca EL, wincyUt and alan510 like this.
    11-06-15 10:12 PM
    Are you kidding me Op?

Of course it gets hot when charging or settling in. The Passport is the same. It's due to the brand of processor in it.

It's so simple to add Exchange email. Download the Outlook app from Google Play. I'm sure it can be done inside the hub too quite easily.

BS. My phone has one email account set on it and it's synced for 30 days. I set it up at 12pm and as of this writing it gets hot after using it for 15 minutes or so. It's done syncing. I'll bet money that its hot tomorrow and the next day and on and on. It's an issue with the phone, period.
    11-06-15 10:12 PM
    I'm more upset that the BlackBerry apps aren't auto updating yet. Your average non forum user won't know to do that and that could lead to a poor experience

-Puck-, Bbnivende, Sparksx and 3 others like this.
    11-06-15 10:13 PM
    BS. My phone has one email account set on it and it's synced for 30 days. I set it up at 12pm and as of this writing it gets hot after using it for 15 minutes or so. It's done syncing. I'll bet money that its hot tomorrow and the next day and on and on. It's an issue with the phone, period.
    Your email isn't the only thing syncing. Every part of Android is syncing and preparing itself for first time usage. Let it settle in for 24 hours then reboot. Should be fine.

11-06-15 10:15 PM
    I'm more upset that the BlackBerry apps aren't auto updating yet. Your average non forum user won't know to do that and that could lead to a poor experience

Turn on Auto Updating in Google Play.

11-06-15 10:16 PM
    did anyone get charged an extra 43$ ????? shopping at shopbb
    11-06-15 10:17 PM
    I don't want to download the Outlook app. I want to simply add my account settings to the OS. Doesn't work.

Simple as that.

It works on the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Uh huh. I'm on Android and I'm calling shenanigans. Works fine.

alan510 and AdamThatsIt like this.
    11-06-15 10:17 PM
    Turn on Auto Updating in Google Play.

I don't think that works yet.
    11-06-15 10:19 PM
    Honestly... I was so excited to pick up my Priv today. Got it home, hooked it up to WiFi and let it do its updates.

After it settled it I did the basic setup. Google account, BBM setup, etc.

What a disappointment. I've never really used Android much before, but it is quite clear that BB10 and.. OMG.. even iOS is was more user friendly.

I know Blaize did a review, but my own review is a different story.

I couldn't get it too hook up to my work Exchange account. What took my Passport a few minutes was impossible with the Priv. Same settings, no luck. The only email that works is GMail.

The Hub is a joke. There is no BlackBerry in this device. Except for the DTeck app everything else is just clunky Android.

The physical keyboard is cramped. After coming from a Passport, this thing is terrible. The virtual keyboard is better.

I'm returning it tomorrow.

The Passport is the best device BlackBerry ever made.

Posted via CB10
    You people were not happy with OS10 and now with Android! What's the matter with you?? Are you paid to write such negativity??

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 10:20 PM
    What? Hit the paperclip button and it will ask you what file manager to use. I recommend ES File Explorer but you need to have it installed before selecting the paper clip. Then navigate to your SD card. On my phone it's called SDcard1

This is how Android works

I tried that. It doesn't work. It's being talked about in the forums right now in nauseum. Like I said, I will give it another shot in a few weeks/months after the bugs are worked out. I cannot afford to be a guinea pig at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    tx ram likes this.
    11-06-15 10:20 PM
    I don't think that works yet.
    It works out of the box by default if you enable it? It just doesn't do it instantly. Does it once a day or something.

11-06-15 10:22 PM
    Update all BlackBerry apps and services. Adds a lot of usability and smoothness to the device, and they don't auto update yet.

Search Play Store for "BlackBerry". My Copy/Paste:

Make sure you manually update all BlackBerry apps, the ones it ships with are all buggy.

After updating BlackBerry Hub, BlackBerry Services, BlackBerry keyboard, BlackBerry Calendar, BlackBerry launcher, and Password Keeper (whew!) it feels a lot better.

None of them showed updates available from the main My Apps page, but searching for them showed an update available. Once you do that, they show up in your apps.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    LOL. I thought "Going Android" was supposed to save everyone from the infamous BlackBerry workaround mentally. Sounds like same ol same ol.

Posted via CB10
    acovey and SmileDahling like this.
    11-06-15 10:22 PM
    It works out of the box by default if you enable it? It just doesn't do it instantly. Does it once a day or something.

No I know what you mean but the Blackberry apps won't do it yet. They don't even show as needing updates unless you search for them.
    1magine likes this.
    11-06-15 10:24 PM
    No I know what you mean but the Blackberry apps won't do it yet. They don't even show as needing updates unless you search for them.
    What the....

Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    11-06-15 10:27 PM
    What the....

Yeah, it's a bit puzzling. I had no idea that they even needed an update because they don't show as needing to by updated like the rest of the apps do. Someone mentioned you have to search for them and low and behold if you search for them they show as needing updates. No notifications of it or anything.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    11-06-15 10:30 PM
    I got mine today. The first one bought at the Rogers store......... At, like, 2:30.... I don't think that the demand was there today. Lol.

I've been working my way around it. The differences, similarities and WTF moments. This is a hybrid. It's a mix of Samsung and BlackBerry.

When I got my z10, it took me a long time to get used to the phone. At work, I did little courses on how to use it because, it was so different from iPhone. People were so upset because they felt it was too complicated. We love it but, the learning curve turned people off. Big time. Blackberry was three years too late.

Saying this, I'm enjoying this phone. Yes, the HUB is not the same. The oS is not the same. But, I like it. It took me a month before I was whipping around my z10 so, I will do the same with the PRIV.

11-06-15 10:31 PM
    My first day impression of the Priv is rather mixed. I am thoroughly enjoying the proper app ecosystem. It is rather nice to see Android apps just work without seeing "this app requires Google Play service" error message.

As far as the keyboard goes, I a slowly getting used to it. But I really missed the big keys and the key travel I had on th passport.

Regardless, I continue to choose the physical keyboard over the virtual keyboard on Priv.

One thing I miss very much coming from BB10. Enter to send. Boy I wish Android has that

wincyUt and Mecca EL like this.
    11-06-15 10:35 PM
    My first day impression of the Priv is rather mixed. I am thoroughly enjoying the proper app ecosystem. It is rather nice to see Android apps just work without seeing "this app requires Google Play service" error message.

As far as the keyboard goes, I a slowly getting used to it. But I really missed the big keys and the key travel I had on th passport.

Regardless, I continue to choose the physical keyboard over the virtual keyboard on Priv.

One thing I miss very much coming from BB10. Enter to send. Boy I wish Android has that

With the keyboard it takes a couple weeks to get used to. I thought the Passport felt Alien coming from the BlackBerry Bold 9900. Even Torch to 9900 felt way different. Took me a month to get used to Passport. Once your fingers adjust you should hopefully be fine.

You need to break in desktop keyboards too.

wincyUt likes this.
    11-06-15 10:37 PM
    I went from Windows Mobile to Palm to WebOS to iOS to Android to BB10 and back to Android.

It's like Groundhog Day around here listening to all of these stories of BB10 users who can't get used to a new OS. I've had to bite the bullet and move on many times.

What you don't like or can't get used to is Android. It's not going to happen in 8 hours. You're going to have to give it time. And if you don't like Android, don't blame that on the Priv. Android is flexible and can be customized to do just about anything. Hell, I can even install LAMP on it and host a website on my phone as if it were a server. I've never used a more flexible OS, but I had to take the time to learn how to customize it to suit my needs.

If you don't like Android, it's not the Priv's fault. The Priv is the best Android phone on the market right now.
    11-06-15 10:44 PM
    Thanks

I cancelled my order last minute. Looks like now wait times are almost a month. I'm currently using awful android. Love the passport but waiting patiently for the lumia 950 xl

Yeah, everyone talks about how Android brings so many more apps, but people forget not everyone wants that. For those who want even less apps than on BB, there is Windows Phone.

I am really missing BB10, and I had been an Android user before. But I am enjoying apps that ran like crap, or not at all on my Z30. I am sure I will get used to the OS with time.
    11-06-15 10:47 PM
    Yeah, everyone talks about how Android brings so many more apps, but people forget not everyone wants that. For those who want even less apps than on BB, there is Windows Phone.

I am really missing BB10, and I had been an Android user before. But I am enjoying apps that ran like crap, or not at all on my Z30. I am sure I will get used to the OS with time.
    Haha LOL. Windows phone. It's like buying a worse version of BB10.

I'm using Android right now and the only things I miss are the pkb, vkb and the hub. That's why I'm going to get the Priv soon.

11-06-15 10:51 PM
    ^^^Windows phone. It's like buying a worse version of BB10 all smartphones.

I have a work issued L�mia 640 in the desk drawer. Dumb phone v2 at best.

New Priv users coming from BB10 shouldn't expect BB10's flow & ease of use on Android. And the buggy BlackBerry apps are being updated very frequently.

Patience and practice is the need of the hour month ;-)

 Q5 / Z30
    wincyUt likes this.
    11-06-15 11:03 PM
    The physical keyboard it too small for the device.
    I owned a BlackBerry Tour as my first BlackBerry. Now I have a Passport. Two devices with vastly different spacing of keys. I typed/type equally well on them. That's the magic of BlackBerry keyboards. The design makes them work at lots of sizes.

I certainly remember all the threads about how folks were disappointed with the "too large" Passport keyboards at first. Then once folks got used to it the threads went away.

11-06-15 11:04 PM
    I've had no physical keyboard on my Android phones in over 3 years. I'll take a small one over no physical keyboard any day.
    11-06-15 11:06 PM
1,123 1234 ...