So... Long story short, I pre-ordered from shopblackberry, got impatient and cancelled going with Amazon, ordered another Priv from shopblackberry this morning, and UPS will be here to pick up the Amazon Priv tomorrow (green front camera).

I'm on AT&T and they recently doubled my data for free as long as I don't change anything. The SIM card I'm using in the current Priv is from the IMEI of an original shopblackberry Passport I purchased when launched (left Verizon for the Passport).

UPS will be picking up this Priv tomorrow and I'll be waiting on shopblackberry for my new, praying defect-free, Priv. As for backup phones, my dad has a Verizon Z10 he's not using (because the speakers are muffled), and my mom has an AT&T iPhone 4S she's not using.

All I need is for phone calls to work, texts, and BBM. Do not plan on transferring anything to the backup device.

I've read that you can use a Verizon device on AT&T, but not the other way around because of Verizon being CDMA. I do have a SIM card adapter and believe both use a micro-SIM.

My plan states Mobile Share Value Plan for BlackBerry 4G LTE (or something similar). Would it cause any issues if I temporarily put the SIM in the iPhone 4S?

Just thinking... It is an Apple device and I also don't think that the 4S even has LTE which is fine as long as I have no issues when going back to the Priv.

Hate having to switch the SIM out so much, but don't really have another choice right now. If absolutely necessary I could get a hold of an unlocked Z10 for this week, but was wondering what you guys think about the other options?

Obviously anything can happen and worse case I'll need a new SIM card, but really looking for advice here. Thank you!

Only have a day to switch to the backup and not sure which route to take.

(BTW, sold both Passports after receiving the Priv)

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-30-15 11:56 AM
    iPhone 4S uses a micro sim and not the nano sim, so don't think plugging in your Priv nano sim will work.
    11-30-15 12:13 PM
    I would call AT&T and find out whether or not they simply meant you couldn't make any changes to the plan itself. Then, I would explain the situation and specifically ask them to confirm that you can put your SIM into another phone while waiting for your replacement PRIV to arrive.

I would bet money that they will tell you it's fine and they just meant you can't switch your plan/use an upgrade. :-)

Posted via CB10
    VertHd and RLTurn77 like this.
    11-30-15 12:23 PM
    iPhone 4S uses a micro sim and not the nano sim, so don't think plugging in your Priv nano sim will work.
    I have a SIM card adapter that works from nano to micro so that is not a problem. Thanks though.

11-30-15 01:17 PM
    I would call AT&T and find out whether or not they simply meant you couldn't make any changes to the plan itself. Then, I would explain the situation and specifically ask them to confirm that you can put your SIM into another phone while waiting for your replacement PRIV to arrive.

I would bet money that they will tell you it's fine and they just meant you can't switch your plan/use an upgrade. :-)

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I verified this and received in writing from them... You will keep this extra data until the end of 2017 as long as you stay on this plan.

Probably not a big deal to just use the iPhone. Just the whole thing in the plan details stating the plan is for a BlackBerry had me thinking maybe I shouldn't pop the SIM card into an iPhone, but I'm not changing the plan.

Can anyone verify if the Verizon Z10 would work on AT&T? As I wrote, I know that an AT&T device won't work on Verizon, but many Verizon devices will work on AT&T.

As far as AT&T knows I'm still using the original Passport as that was the IMEI scanned for this SIM card.

Thanks for the feedback.

Edit: I did not call them, but may end up having to call if I just use the iPhone temporarily. They just don't want me to leave and offered the double data as incentive to stay since I've always bought unlocked with them (can cancel any time).

11-30-15 01:25 PM
    I narrowed the green down to heat. The warmer the device the more green as well as low light.

Amazon already processed my return and I changed to drop off since shopblackberry shipped my phone same day and will be delivered to the pickup store Wednesday while at work.

Had planned on returning the Amazon phone after making sure that the shopblackberry phone was good to go. Just finished updating and now the front camera is fine! What to do?

I guess grab the shopblackberry one Thursday morning and if it is perfect then return the Amazon one that is already being processed as a refund.

In no way did I think they'd fix that through a software update since the heat was causing it (mostly). Banging head against wall. Already cancelled insurance on Amazon phone. Damn it lol.

Edit: Obviously have not done extensive testing since I just updated, but the usual green picture is much, much better as of now. Once again, I have no idea what the hell to do next! I'll have both devices Thursday, I guess keep the better one???

12-01-15 10:58 AM
    So... Long story short, I pre-ordered from shopblackberry, got impatient and cancelled going with Amazon, ordered another Priv from shopblackberry this morning, and UPS will be here to pick up the Amazon Priv tomorrow (green front camera).

I'm on AT&T and they recently doubled my data for free as long as I don't change anything. The SIM card I'm using in the current Priv is from the IMEI of an original shopblackberry Passport I purchased when launched (left Verizon for the Passport).

UPS will be picking up this Priv tomorrow and I'll be waiting on shopblackberry for my new, praying defect-free, Priv. As for backup phones, my dad has a Verizon Z10 he's not using (because the speakers are muffled), and my mom has an AT&T iPhone 4S she's not using.

All I need is for phone calls to work, texts, and BBM. Do not plan on transferring anything to the backup device.

I've read that you can use a Verizon device on AT&T, but not the other way around because of Verizon being CDMA. I do have a SIM card adapter and believe both use a micro-SIM.

My plan states Mobile Share Value Plan for BlackBerry 4G LTE (or something similar). Would it cause any issues if I temporarily put the SIM in the iPhone 4S?

Just thinking... It is an Apple device and I also don't think that the 4S even has LTE which is fine as long as I have no issues when going back to the Priv.

Hate having to switch the SIM out so much, but don't really have another choice right now. If absolutely necessary I could get a hold of an unlocked Z10 for this week, but was wondering what you guys think about the other options?

Obviously anything can happen and worse case I'll need a new SIM card, but really looking for advice here. Thank you!

Only have a day to switch to the backup and not sure which route to take.

(BTW, sold both Passports after receiving the Priv)

The wireless carriers register devices by IMEI so using the correct Sim shouldn't be an issue with your data plan BUT if you were to let say go backwards to a bbos7 device which requires BIS then it may conflict with your data capabilities. But otherwise I think you should be fine!

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    RLTurn77 likes this.
    12-01-15 01:21 PM