I was wondering if you guys think it is appropriate to have to pay for the teturn label to ship back a device to shop BlackBerry within the 30 day return window. Im returning my recently purchased BlackBerry device.
    02-05-16 03:38 PM
    I was wondering if you guys think it is appropriate to have to pay for the teturn label to ship back a device to shop BlackBerry within the 30 day return window. Im returning my recently purchased BlackBerry device.
    Oh, I dunno...most of the carriers have a "restocking fee" that they charge customers who return/exchange their devices within the 14-30 day window, and it's usually $35 or more. How much is shipping? $10-12?

If you're returning a faulty device for a replacement, I would fully expect the seller to suck up the return postage. But, if you're just returning a device because you don't like it, and they have to spend the money & go through the process of restocking it and refurbishing it for sale...then it's probably fair for you to pay the return shipping.

Only my opinion...
    iKixxit likes this.
    02-05-16 03:46 PM
    I can see both sides of the argument, but if they clearly disclose before/at the time of purchase that the buyer is responsible for return shipping, then it's upon the buyer. That's not to say it's necessarily right--a lot of sellers include prepaid return labels, or generate seller-paid return labels--so the burden certainly can be shifted. But I'm not aware of any >$500+ merchandise sellers doing prepaid return labels.
    02-05-16 03:54 PM
    Shop BlackBerry return policy is 30 day full refund, they never mention the shipping is on the buyer. Apple takes cares of everything, just saying.
    What about Samsung? HTC? LG? Alcatel? Chinese manufacturers ?

Return within the allowed time-frame should be free, if you bought it from BlackBerry direct. Other sellers may charge restocking.
    02-05-16 04:27 PM
    True, apple is in a league of its own. I still <3 BlackBerry
    02-05-16 04:34 PM
    Apple gives you 14 days to return under buyer's remose. I'd much rather have the two extra weeks and eat the return shipping cost than be forced into a decision by 14 days.

Still doesn't make BB's miscommunication right though. If they really say "full refund," I would expect a full refund. Refund minus return shipping=!full refund.

OP--are you sure you have followed the return process completely? I helped someone with a warranty issue last year (that too very near the one year mark) and BB paid for all shipping--two or three overnight bills, IIRC.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-05-16 04:47 PM
    If it's broken or faulty in some way, they should pay for shipping back.

OTOH if you simply changed your mind, decided you didn't want it after all, then you should pay the shipping back.

This is my opinion only, not necessarily official policy anywhere, your mileage may vary.
    02-05-16 05:32 PM
    I returned 3 devices and the shipping label was provided by BlackBerry. I live in the US.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-05-16 05:45 PM