Hi Crackberry fellas - My last BB was the side scrolling one. After 8 years of absent I jump back to Priv coming from the S6. There is a lot of getting use to but it seems like a lot of functions are missing. I had a basic Gallery app feature with my S6 which I can see all the pictures I took. However, such a basic function is surprising missing in my Priv. I have to go to file manager to click and open individual pictures.

Is anyone having regrets making the switch?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-20-15 11:30 AM
    I was in a similar boat. After 5-6 years being away from BB, I made the jump from iphone. I have had a bit of a learning curve, but no show stoppers for me. Seems every day, I learn something new on it.
    11-20-15 11:32 AM
    You can use Google Photos app
    11-20-15 11:36 AM
    There is an app for that.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 11:37 AM
    When BlackBerry says they left stock Android stock, they meant it.
    Google got all that covered why bother. I rather they added a file manager since Google doesn't have that covered.
    11-20-15 03:38 PM
    I had a basic Gallery app feature with my S6 which I can see all the pictures I took. However, such a basic function is surprising missing in my Priv. I have to go to file manager to click and open individual pictures.
    The Gallery app you're referring to is a Samsung made app. From my understanding of the Priv, you should be able to download any app you want to fill this purpose, but it definitely comes with Google Photos as the default photos app.
    dietertong likes this.
    11-20-15 04:01 PM
    Hi Crackberry fellas - My last BB was the side scrolling one. After 8 years of absent I jump back to Priv coming from the S6. There is a lot of getting use to but it seems like a lot of functions are missing. I had a basic Gallery app feature with my S6 which I can see all the pictures I took. However, such a basic function is surprising missing in my Priv. I have to go to file manager to click and open individual pictures.

Is anyone having regrets making the switch?

You didn't bother to look into the Photos app that comes pre-installed on your phone or tap on the preview of the pictures in the Camera app after you took them?
    11-20-15 04:09 PM
    Better try a passport SE you may like it

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 04:48 PM
    Stick with us! Good to have you back
    11-20-15 04:49 PM
    Your "big issues" are that you can't find the photos app that comes pre installed, didn't bother to search the Google Play Store for one of the 10,000 there, and want some piece of Samsung bloatware?

LOL.

11-20-15 07:56 PM
    It's always present in the camera app. Once you open click the small pic in the corner. I did same thing looking for a gallery.

If you install a media player like me player the demo video on the phone shows up which is good to show off the screen.

11-20-15 08:17 PM
    Welcome back to blackberry. I had a nextel blackberry with the walkie-talkie. It's good to have options regarding handsets and not just a slab like everyone else.

Posted from Passport SE. Former Priv owner.
    11-20-15 08:21 PM
    Your "big issues" are that you can't find the photos app that comes pre installed, didn't bother to search the Google Play Store for one of the 10,000 there, and want some piece of Samsung bloatware?

LOL.

Use QuickPic. It is a light app. Better than Google Photos.

Posted from my Priv!
    11-20-15 08:24 PM
    Welcome back to blackberry. I had a nextel blackberry with the walkie-talkie. It's good to have options regarding handsets and not just a slab like everyone else.

Posted from Passport SE. Former Priv owner.
    I also had a Nextel 7100i with the walkie talkie and side wheel navigation and I traveled the world with the phone and I loved it.
    11-20-15 08:26 PM
    Ya I'm coming from a different platform all together. I like it then I don't, I like it then I don't. If I regret it I'll buy out the contract and move on!

11-20-15 08:27 PM
    You have the play store, if can download an app for it. Use Google photo, same as every nexus phone.

11-20-15 08:29 PM
    Google photos is the only photo app I've been using for a few years now. I use whatever nexus phones use.
    11-20-15 08:38 PM