Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I really enjoyed using the picture lock screen (which was supposed to be one of Priv's security features), but after configuring a VPN (to encrypt data and securely connect to the network at my office) it forced me to change the type of lock the screen to either PIN, Password or Pattern. As you can see on the attached screenshot other options are not available anymore due to encryption policy.

I would really like to be able to use the picture lock screen, but at the same time I must be able to use my VPN.
    After reading BlackBerry?s Picture Password Automatically Protects You from New Hacking Tactic | Inside BlackBerry when they obviously state it's a very secure way of locking your handset, why would this get restricted if VPN is all about security as well?
    Attached Thumbnails Restricted lock screen options due to VPN / encryption policy-screenshot_2015-12-20-02-21-28.jpg  
    12-19-15 08:22 PM
    The problem is that the hardware trust store (which incidentally is VERY secure ) cannot be unlocked by the picture password. I've reported this as its a ballbuster for me since I need to store certificates; blackberry should be able to fix it, perhaps by linking it to a backup password.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    ViggenZ likes this.
    12-19-15 08:41 PM
    Yeah that is just not how I imagined it would be... Well it's time to submit a support ticket!

Also found an older topic regarding the same issue:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...abled-1048756/
    12-20-15 12:16 PM
    Thanks for the forum post. Was having the same issue and the recommended actions solved it. Gotta love the crackberry community.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-06-16 05:49 PM