I just had some luck restoring all my text messages from BB10 and got them over to the Priv. There was about 17,000 or so. The MMS didn't work, so make sure you turn that option off. I'm currently using Yaata. Some group messages did not regroup together, and when I tried deleting them the app crashed. Could be because I didn't give it enough time to settle in though. I was able to go and archive those messages though so now my chat list is very clean. I used SMS Backup in BlackBerry World to create an XML backup to my SD card. Then I used SMS Backup & Restore to load them into the Priv. I didn't even bother trying the Content transfer app since it was limited to only 3500 messages. I'll follow up on this if there are any additional adverse effects, but everything is looking good at the moment.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-29-16 08:30 PM
    I use SMS Backup and love it. Glad it all worked for you.
    03-31-16 09:33 AM
    what do you recommend for Contacts? The content transfer app doesn't seem to work on wifi....
    03-31-16 09:53 AM
    what do you recommend for Contacts? The content transfer app doesn't seem to work on wifi....
    My contacts have been synced with gmail for years. I didn't have a need to transfer them over via content transfer. I used my SD card to get the texts over to the Priv. I didn't follow through and try it, but it appears my content transfer app will work over wifi. To troubleshoot I would log into your router and make either or both your phone IP's a DMZ host and see if that helps.
    03-31-16 12:21 PM
    Well, I succumb to Google account sync. It synced or moved my Contacts and Calendar items to the Priv from the Z30.

I did use Content Transfer to move my Remember data and my few Texts (about 70) to the Priv. I actually had to do that Content Transfer a second time since I foolishly managed to erase my data on the Priv. (I saw something about cleaning out BB Services - well, that holds all that info and it was gone!!!)
    03-31-16 12:30 PM
    I meant transferring contacts via the Content Transfer failed (using the wifi method....notes and calendar worked) and Gmail and Hotmail didn't bring them over either!
    04-01-16 04:13 PM