Anyone having the issue of the Priv restarting when you move while it is in the BlackBerry belt case?

Bold to Priv, WJHeller
    05-05-16 10:08 AM
    Yes, it's annoying as heck, probably a function of where the power button is located and pressure being exerted when you sit against something.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-05-16 10:31 AM
    Same happens with the seidio case if you rotate the phone 180 degrees and attach it to holster (speaker side at the top of case)

05-05-16 10:35 AM
    Today, it didn't do anything. I think, because I turned off the Auto Rotate. I'm thinking when the screen rotates it unlocks and the pressure causes the power button the restart the phone.

Bold to Priv, WJHeller
    05-05-16 10:00 PM
    It's entirely a symptom of using a belt case and having the power button along the bezel. One of the things that stuck with me from back in the old pre-OS7 days when I first jumped to Android was the need to have a belt case of some variety, and every single Android I've owned and used a belt case with has rebooted at some point due to me sitting awkwardly causing pressure on the side, which reboots the phone. Phones do not need to unlock in order for the device to reboot when the power button is held for >10 seconds or so, it will reboot automatically as a hardware-level function to prevent phones from totally locking up.

The only recommendation I can offer is to be conscious of your phone's case while crouching particularly, and ensure that it never ends up being squished from the sides. I've only had it happen once with the Priv so far, but I've had many years at practicing how to not cause the issue, heh.
    05-06-16 09:01 AM
    Had this happen with my Priv in a horizontal belt case. The phone restarted repeatedly when the phone was upside down as in the screen was facing the body. Once I started putting the phone in with the screen facing outward, the issue went away. Strange, but true.

05-06-16 09:33 AM
    The Seidio belt case for the Priv S**$KS with the restart issue, very disappointed. I have purchased this two piece belt clip for my last three BB phones, but this one has this serious design flaw. It doesn't matter which position, power button down- when you sit down it pushes the power button and restarts. Flip it around, and the side rail of the case pushes the power button and it restarts. These cases aren't cheap, and should be recalled until (if and when) the issue is fixed. I'm returning mine; Four restarts today was the last straw.
    05-16-16 12:58 AM