I think this would be a great software update for us Priv users. I don't find that mute key very useful... for my uses.

It would be great if BlackBerry would give us an update and let us use that key as the convenience key like the DTEK phones.
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    11-02-16 10:27 AM
    I think this would be a great software update for us Priv users. I don't find that mute key very useful... for my uses.

It would be great if BlackBerry would give us an update and let us use that key as the convenience key like the DTEK phones.
    Wishing that as well. And a lot of ways to utilize the edge screens aside from productivity tab and battery bar.
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    11-02-16 01:46 PM
    Agreed, I don't use it either and actually find it a pain and tend to hit it by mistake.
    11-02-16 01:51 PM

This would be great and appreciated.
    11-02-16 01:53 PM
    +1 Didn't see this earlier and I made a whole post about this same topic. Glad to know I'm not the only who is thinking about it. Hopefully now someone up the chain will too.
    hjc73734 and heading4tomorrow like this.
    11-02-16 02:47 PM
    Found this in another thread from just earlier today about an app called Buttons Remapper:

Not on DTEK60, but I downloaded Buttons Remapper on my Priv and use it to toggle NFC since I can't easily add it to the quick settings menu. It's helpful for using my wallet app.

Edit: should point out that the Priv doesn't have a convenience key per se, but I use the middle volume/mute button for this.
    If you found that useful, please remember to follow the little arrow beside his username to the original post and "Like" it.
    11-02-16 02:53 PM
    You can. I have replaced it with a shortcut for Whatsapp. You can also have different shortcuts for double Press and long press. Oh and you're going to have to remap the "Volume_Mute" button to what you want. You will find it under "others" in the key selection. Screenshot attached.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....sand.airdroid
    11-02-16 04:11 PM
    Post deleted.
    Last edited by YeemanBB; 11-02-16 at 11:17 PM.
    11-02-16 07:30 PM
    I tried to use remappedd app to change mute to pause.

It works fine EXCEPT that If the screen is locked you have to wake the screen in order for it work as requested.

I'd really like to find something that would let me pause music/podcasts or audio books with the mute key. Otherwise during mute I lose my place in books or podcasts
    11-05-16 03:47 PM
    I tried to use remappedd app to change mute to pause.

It works fine EXCEPT that If the screen is locked you have to wake the screen in order for it work as requested.

I'd really like to find something that would let me pause music/podcasts or audio books with the mute key. Otherwise during mute I lose my place in books or podcasts
    You can't do such things without root and we can't have root so you're going to have to unlock the screen lol but blackberry could push out an update if they wanted to, turning it into a convenience key.
    11-05-16 04:37 PM
    I also would like to have this feature!
    11-05-16 05:14 PM