Well, I've had my priv for two days, battery was awful, I had to factory reset on advice from the retailer I bought it from, and after doing that my battery has gotten worse. Hopefully I get a more solid unit

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-26-15 08:19 AM
    Well, I've had my priv for two days, battery was awful, I had to factory reset on advice from the retailer I bought it from, and after doing that my battery has gotten worse. Hopefully I get a more solid unit

Probably not if you only give it 2 days again. I bet if I had your phone I'd be posting 6 hour sot screenshots by the weekend after doing the updates and allowing the device to settle in as MULTIPLE topics have stated. The specs say that you can expect to get 24 hours with mixed use...this claim has been verified by many users during testing.

Last edited by Mark Sb; 11-26-15 at 08:37 AM.
    11-26-15 08:20 AM
    All phones are the same at start (iOS, Android, BB10).

You need to give Android OS some time to settle down with your daily use. I assume you heavily loaded it with emails, calendars, Android apps, syncing and etc.

Give it 72 hours and it should be good to go with battery usage and consumption.
    11-26-15 08:40 AM
    It's a BlackBerry, so naturally it takes 7 days for it to settle.
    ahmedhanif911 likes this.
    11-26-15 09:06 AM
    2 days is a little early but don't expect any battery miracles. You aren't going to get 24hrs out of this phone unless you barely use it and turn everything off. Realistically you can expect to get through the day and have to charge in the evening.
    11-26-15 09:16 AM
    Probably not if you only give it 2 days again. I bet if I had your phone I'd be posting 6 hour sot screenshots by the weekend after doing the updates and allowing the device to settle in as MULTIPLE topics have stated. The specs say that you can expect to get 24 hours with mixed use...this claim has been verified by many users during testing.

I guess I should have been more specific. By more solid I meant not only in terms of battery life my screen creeks when tapping on it in it's home position which I'm assuming isn't good, I know it has to settle but dropping 40% after 30 mins of SOT? I don't think that's right, even if it does need a week or so to catch up to my usage.

11-26-15 10:51 AM
    2 days is a little early but don't expect any battery miracles. You aren't going to get 24hrs out of this phone unless you barely use it and turn everything off. Realistically you can expect to get through the day and have to charge in the evening.
    After the factory reset, my battery dropped 40% with 30 mins of SOT and my battery still drops while plugged into my laptop via USB and when it's plugged into certain outlets (I just got a Quick Charger though so that get better)

11-26-15 10:53 AM
    All phones are the same at start (iOS, Android, BB10).

You need to give Android OS some time to settle down with your daily use. I assume you heavily loaded it with emails, calendars, Android apps, syncing and etc.

Give it 72 hours and it should be good to go with battery usage and consumption.
    Valid, however dropping 40% after 30 mins of SOT is almost inexcusable, I'm no expert but that seems really bad

11-26-15 10:58 AM

After setting up it does take time for the device to index and settle in! And yes battery will drain! But will improve!

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    11-26-15 12:31 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1051085

11-26-15 12:47 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1051085

Dude what's your secret? How long have you had it is that real life I'll hunt you down if you're trolling (I did get a new one and it's much better)

11-26-15 09:20 PM
    My battery has run as intended from the beginning. The device does not get hot no matter what I'm doing, only gets warm at most. Not sure what's up with some peoples devices, but my PRIV is almost perfect, just want wireless charging. The only complaint about build is how the devices without wireless charging components have a looser back.

11-26-15 09:58 PM
    Dude what's your secret? How long have you had it is that real life I'll hunt you down if you're trolling (I did get a new one and it's much better)

Glad you have a new one that works better for ya.

11-26-15 09:59 PM
    Glad you have a new one that works better for ya.

Thanks man, let's hope despite yours being great from the start, mine will "settle" nicely and be as great as that other guy's

11-26-15 10:03 PM