My Blackberry Peiv mobile's AMOLED display screen got cracked and is there any possibility to replace it with typical LCD display screen.?
    If i do so, does it affects PPI pixal density of my phone.?
    05-13-18 02:11 AM
    No one ever made aftermarket LCD's for this phone, it's AMOLED only. I would try to go for a Priv that's for parts with a working screen that you can use to fix yours.

Don't buy the part alone, as it's usually more expensive than an entire Priv
    05-13-18 02:17 AM
    No one ever made aftermarket LCD's for this phone, it's AMOLED only. I would try to go for a Priv that's for parts with a working screen that you can use to fix yours.

So AMOLED is the only option left with
    05-13-18 06:50 AM
    It was always the only option for the Priv.

Matter of fact, no phone ever to my knowledge has an aftermarket display with different technology.

Even the iPhones, as popular as they are, no one makes a third party AMOLED panel for them.

It's just not a thing, sorry.

If you really want an LCD and a keyboard, look no further than the KEYone (or KEY2)
    Ajith_nkr likes this.
    05-13-18 07:19 AM
    I guess it would even need new drivers...I would not count on that here.
    05-13-18 06:55 PM

Check out etradesupply.com

Good luck
    05-13-18 10:16 PM
    Check out etradesupply.com

Good luck
    LCD Display is available in the link you provided.
    Is ghat actually LCD or AMOLED.?
    05-14-18 03:40 AM
    LCD Display is available in the link you provided.
    Is ghat actually LCD or AMOLED.?
    They mention LCD although as stated in thread here PRIV only comes with AMOLED

See this link from ebay

http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=g19lXKB7

There you will see adds for LCD and AMOLED.

Try contacting a seller and asking.

Some people do refer to ALL screens as LCD Screen and that could be the confusion.

Good Luck
    05-14-18 04:21 AM
    Price has come down on those PRIV screens... still I don't see sinking that much into an older phone. But yes, even though they say LCD, they are just using that as a generic term for SCREEN.
    05-14-18 02:13 PM
    Price has come down on those PRIV screens... still I don't see sinking that much into an older phone. But yes, even though they say LCD, they are just using that as a generic term for SCREEN.
    If someone's Priv needs a new screen, then he should try to find one that has a worn out battery but perfect screen. And vice versa. Donor Privs can be cheaper than the screen module, and they come with all the other components as spares. More than one will ever need in the lifespan of the device.
    Priv is already EOL, I don't see many using it past end of 2020. By then if BBMo puts out nice devices with AMOLED, there will be no reason to hang on to a 5 year old slow a** device stuck on Marshmallow
    05-14-18 02:21 PM
    If someone's Priv needs a new screen, then he should try to find one that has a worn out battery but perfect screen. And vice versa. Donor Privs can be cheaper than the screen module, and they come with all the other components as spares. More than one will ever need in the lifespan of the device.
    Priv is already EOL, I don't see many using it past end of 2020. By then if BBMo puts out nice devices with AMOLED, there will be no reason to hang on to a 5 year old slow a** device stuck on Marshmallow
    If he can find a donor Priv with a working screen for a good price... that sounds great.
    05-14-18 03:38 PM
    I was wondering those "LCD" Priv display are actually LCD too... usually LCD and AMOLED got different stack height (thickness)... AMOLED usually thinner. it is not drop in fit... but you never know the crazy far east repair house (I saw few Nokia, Sony phone got different guts many years ago... it appear to be a "feature" for the fashion sensitive with tight shoe string... )
    05-14-18 06:52 PM