Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    What is the fastest and easiest way to do this? This sounds like it should be a basic option. On OS10 you would just go to the properties of the image and rename it there. I downloaded MyRoll and that doesn't even give you an option to rename.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-09-16 11:19 AM
    Try a differernt app -- not all have the same capabilities. I rename using Solid Explorer file manager, F-Stop or QuickPic (photo viewers).
    04-10-16 12:39 PM
    Any answers to this yet ? When using the standard photo app I just want to be able to rename quickly to allow for searches in the future.

Also, there seems to be no option for tagging pictures as favourites !
    FF22 likes this.
    10-23-16 01:58 AM
    does Google Photos not let you do all of this?
    10-23-16 08:51 PM
    I think he means renaming on-the-go with the camera app
    10-23-16 08:57 PM
    Actually, I can't figure out any way to rename a photo except after it is moved to an album and then only in my file manager, Solid Explorer. I don't see anywhere in Google Photos or the camera app to do it. I've tried editing, but there's no option for renaming. Neither touching nor touching and holding show any renaming option.
    10-23-16 10:58 PM
    Actually, I can't figure out any way to rename a photo except after it is moved to an album and then only in my file manager, Solid Explorer. I don't see anywhere in Google Photos or the camera app to do it. I've tried editing, but there's no option for renaming. Neither touching nor touching and holding show any renaming option.
    I use quick pic
    Attached Thumbnails renaming a picture on Priv camera as soon as I take it.-358646.jpg  
    misterabrasive likes this.
    10-23-16 11:05 PM
    I don't know about other brands much, but with iPhones, BlackBerry OS7 and other brands I used you couldn't rename photos/videos either directly after taking them. So, nothing out of the ordinary. Besides, personally, I can't be bothered to waste time to rename photos/videos after every instance. BB at least names photos with yy/mm/dd and exact time. Something which always tremendously bothered me that it wasn't the case with the iPhone that I was using also some time ago. Besides, if the toggle for Geolocation is on, you can see where exactly the photo is taken, if that's something you're interested in.

WHICH, brings me to a Cam app suggestion which would be very interesting:

With Classic BB's (OS 7) - I don't know how it was on OS 10- when you had Geo location on, before the yy/mm/dd and exact time the software automatically added the city in which the photo and video was taken. (Amsterdam-20120920-00128)

This would be something extremely cool to have back when it would be possible.
    Maybe even have a setting (option) to automatically add the streetname/state/country aside from only city name and have that information before or after the date&time depending on user preference.As someone who archives pretty much all my photos/videos, this would be very handy.
    Last edited by WT44; 10-24-16 at 06:00 AM.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-24-16 05:09 AM
    I don't know about other brands much, but with iPhones, BlackBerry OS7 and other brands I used you couldn't rename photos/videos either directly after taking them. So, nothing out of the ordinary. Besides, personally, I can't be bothered to waste time to rename photos/videos after every instance. BB at least names photos with yy/mm/dd and exact time. Something which always tremendously bothered me that it wasn't the case with the iPhone that I was using also some time ago. Besides, if the toggle for Geolocation is on, you can see where exactly the photo is taken, if that's something you're interested in.

WHICH, brings me to a Cam app suggestion which would be very interesting:

With Classic BB's (OS 7) - I don't know how it was on OS 10- when you had Geo location on, before the yy/mm/dd and exact time the software automatically added the city in which the photo and video was taken. (Amsterdam-20120920-00128)

This would be something extremely cool to have back when it would be possible.
    Maybe even have a setting (option) to automatically add the streetname/state/country aside from only city name and have that information before or after the date&time depending on user preference.As someone who archives pretty much all my photos/videos, this would be very handy.
    Yeah, I don't really care about renaming every time. Just once in awhile. When you OP asked the question, I started looking around at my options, and basically couldn't find any. When I need to, I just use my file manager, but it should be made easier. As for the geo location, if I look at a picture that I took, I can usually remember where it was taken and when. At my age, though, there's a few things that I don't remember. Probably better off, sometimes.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-24-16 08:04 AM